Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:51 pm 
Expert
Expert

wow... almost 5 months and still nothing. I just have to break the silence here. Cor, You're still alive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:29 pm 
Master
Master

InVader wrote:
wow... almost 5 months and still nothing. I just have to break the silence here. Cor, You're still alive?

Stop riding his dick and do something else with your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Baal wrote:
InVader wrote:

lol LMAO....... baal hes not the only one riding his dick... lol,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:42 pm 
Expert
Expert

Dragonathan wrote:

thanks for the *ahem* shielding

Baal wrote:

Says the one, who refreshes this forum every hour and watches out for every comment that can be replied to with no linking or mere message to it whatsoever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:43 pm 
Master
Master

InVader wrote:
Says the one, who refreshes this forum every hour and watches out for every comment that can be replied to with no linking or mere message to it whatsoever.

y u mad tho?

[00:29] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we keep TCE alive with our BC
[00:30] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we just got posts on our forums saying people want to play MASSA
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: but without massa bc this game would be dead
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: and u know it
[00:35] [MASSA]Scarsraider: probably every TCE player has at one point played on our BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:36 pm 
Master
Master

InVader wrote:
Dragonathan wrote:

thanks for the *ahem* shielding

Baal wrote:

lol, not really. Considering there is 1-2 new posts every 3 weeks. It's pretty easy to pick out. Nice try. Apparently you didn't grasp the context of my statement.

After all, there are plenty of us who spent a lot of time playing this game (Unlike you), so it would only be natural to have a look from time to time. I know my 2400 hours of TC:E is meager compared to a few, but I'd say I can check as many times a day as I feel like it. At least I'm not living in a fantasy world with Coroner and his little project as the center piece to my life's fulfillment.

Keep it sleazy tc-forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:03 pm 
Master
Master

We all just wish TC was completed once. It's a pretty regular reaction from humans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:23 pm 
Master
Master

Haraldzz wrote:
We all just wish TC was completed once. It's a pretty regular reaction from humans.

And it almost hurts to hear the truth.
Nothing is realy set on stone but chances are very slim

growing

getting stronger

Post subject: Activity?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:05 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if theres any development with CQB?

I was really enjoying playing it for a while, though not been active due to a nice computer issue thats now been fixed, cheched on coroners blog from time to time and there seems to be nothing happening, though it did seem that maybe he was changing engines in one thread... I really hope not as this engine works on almost any computer, and runs ok on a crappy wifi connection :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:37 pm 
Master
Master

coroner wrote:
Beep.

Has been a long time. I want to be honest about it, development of CQB has halted for quite some time now. Frankly, I can't find motivation to work on an idtech3 engine based game anymore. At least for the moment. It's been 12 years since the first steps of Q3TC. I think CQB is a nice tech demo showing off what's possible with idtech3, but without remake of the player models and without an update of the renderer it is stucked. Ultimately, I have to have fun at the development of whatever spare time project I am working on, and fun has stagnated ever since the initial release. Moreover, it doesn't look like there will ever be a stable and compatible renderer update to the ET engine. Taken together don't expect any further release unless I state something new.

However, I wasn't completely lazy either. Those who followed the discussion about potential alternative engines will remember that I favoured COD 4 or COD:WAW engine. I don't want to reiterate all the arguments but it turned out that COD4 is the best choice for me, with good scalability and smooth transition for mapping.
So, I have been busy (too a rather limited extent) with the first version of a new TC franchise on COD 4 not too different to CQB, which will be ready for playtesting before Xmas. The game will even more focus on CQB scenarios, with much more limited arsenal offering maximum variety of play styles.

Features (and differences to COD 4) so far:

*No hud
*No crosshair
*No zoom when aiming
*No XP, rank, extras, all purely based on player skills and tactics
*Clip wasting reload
*Speed similar to early CQB or last TCE (slower than COD4)
*No COD4 hardpoints, kill streaks, gren launchers, rocket launchers, ... (all crap cut out)
*Limited jump (if at all)
*4 classes per team with unique primary weapons (team dependent)
MP5/MiniUzi (Weapon Mod perk: Silencer)
G36C/AkS74U (Weapon Mod perk: Red dot)
6.8SPC Rifle/AK-47 (Weapon Mod perk: 4x ACOG)
M1014/SPAS-12 (Weapon Mod perk: Saboted slugs)
*8 secondary weapons (same for both teams)
FN Five-seven
USP.40
Glock 18
Desert Eagle .50
.460 S&W Revolver
Sawn-off double barreled shotgun
Mossberg 590A1
*Similar Perks to CQB with 3 perk/ability slots:
Weapon mod
Steady aim
Commando knife

Lightweight
Improved vest
Silent

High-grade ammo
Extra ammo
Frag gren

There is no title yet. Since the teams are not regular units and TC:CQB is already used I currently favour TC:SOF. Game modes will be 1-life demolition with team swap and bodycount.

Good-bye original TC. It was nice to be with you... :cry:

Here comes CoD 4. Time to pirate that darn game again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:49 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Haraldzz wrote:
coroner wrote:
Beep.

Has been a long time. I want to be honest about it, development of CQB has halted for quite some time now. Frankly, I can't find motivation to work on an idtech3 engine based game anymore. At least for the moment. It's been 12 years since the first steps of Q3TC. I think CQB is a nice tech demo showing off what's possible with idtech3, but without remake of the player models and without an update of the renderer it is stucked. Ultimately, I have to have fun at the development of whatever spare time project I am working on, and fun has stagnated ever since the initial release. Moreover, it doesn't look like there will ever be a stable and compatible renderer update to the ET engine. Taken together don't expect any further release unless I state something new.

However, I wasn't completely lazy either. Those who followed the discussion about potential alternative engines will remember that I favoured COD 4 or COD:WAW engine. I don't want to reiterate all the arguments but it turned out that COD4 is the best choice for me, with good scalability and smooth transition for mapping.
So, I have been busy (too a rather limited extent) with the first version of a new TC franchise on COD 4 not too different to CQB, which will be ready for playtesting before Xmas. The game will even more focus on CQB scenarios, with much more limited arsenal offering maximum variety of play styles.

Features (and differences to COD 4) so far:

*No hud
*No crosshair
*No zoom when aiming
*No XP, rank, extras, all purely based on player skills and tactics
*Clip wasting reload
*Speed similar to early CQB or last TCE (slower than COD4)
*No COD4 hardpoints, kill streaks, gren launchers, rocket launchers, ... (all crap cut out)
*Limited jump (if at all)
*4 classes per team with unique primary weapons (team dependent)
MP5/MiniUzi (Weapon Mod perk: Silencer)
G36C/AkS74U (Weapon Mod perk: Red dot)
6.8SPC Rifle/AK-47 (Weapon Mod perk: 4x ACOG)
M1014/SPAS-12 (Weapon Mod perk: Saboted slugs)
*8 secondary weapons (same for both teams)
FN Five-seven
USP.40
Glock 18
Desert Eagle .50
.460 S&W Revolver
Sawn-off double barreled shotgun
Mossberg 590A1
*Similar Perks to CQB with 3 perk/ability slots:
Weapon mod
Steady aim
Commando knife

Lightweight
Improved vest
Silent

High-grade ammo
Extra ammo
Frag gren

There is no title yet. Since the teams are not regular units and TC:CQB is already used I currently favour TC:SOF. Game modes will be 1-life demolition with team swap and bodycount.

Good-bye original TC. It was nice to be with you... :cry:

Here comes CoD 4. Time to pirate that darn game again...

oh gawd no! now i'm never going to be able to play, well not without major investments to my computer anyway. I do understand in todays world that cod4 looks great, and that almost everyone can probably play the damn thing, but i really liked not having to wonder wether or not i COULD play it, also i really didnt wanna have to buy the stupid thing to play something i loved to play

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:08 pm 
Master
Master

Quote:
We are very aware of that. We hope we make it, because there are still some things we have to work on hard. For now we are looking at the following:

* 6 playable maps (and optional backwards compatibility - recompiling is advised)
* 2 Servers (et3.kernwaffe.de and et.darkserver.it)
* new Renderer (dúh)
* new base textures for walls and certain terrains
* NoQuarter support
* Omni-bot support
* One dedicated team that wants to maintain the product they make

Source:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/etxreal

Quote:
now i'm never going to be able to play, well not without major investments to my computer anyway.

A mid-range graphics card is hardly a major investment. Unless you're on a laptop.

I like the idea of switching TC over to MW's engine it's just too bad that CQB is getting dropped after all the work that's been put into it's features. Consider making a final version with support for custom content so new maps and fixes can be added.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:12 pm 
Master
Master

Damien wrote:
Quote:
now i'm never going to be able to play, well not without major investments to my computer anyway.

A mid-range graphics card is hardly a major investment. Unless you're on a laptop.
I used to play CoD 4 on my old Nvidia Geforce 6200 and it's a VERY old videocard now (year 2003 I think). I still could play it pretty nicely even some settings set on high. CoD 4 can be easily pirated too (not like I'm encouraging it as many downloads may contain viruses, not working copies or anything else) so technically the money needed to invest in order to play the next TC based mod will require about 50$ max.
Damien wrote:
I like the idea of switching TC over to MW's engine it's just too bad that CQB is getting dropped after all the work that's been put into it's features. Consider making a final version with support for custom content so new maps and fixes can be added.
It's a sad, but needed change. As much as I may have liked the old and stupid Id tech 3 I support Coroner on this change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:37 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I never understood that TCE mantra about using and old engine was a good thing cause you dont need a expensive pc to play it, it would've been barely true 6 years ago but nowadas its kinda... A FPS that aspires to realistic graphics tied a to an old engine, even a new mucticore CPU had to be tweaked to use that engine, I remeber when haven't played TCE for some months coming back and to TCE and feeling omg this looks awfull.

CoD4 isn't state of the art, but its better and I already own it so i like the idea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:21 am 
Master
Master

Dang

I guess i can afford a copy.

growing

getting stronger

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next