All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:01 pm 
Master
Master

Similar complaints were seen when 0.49 came out. The new mechanics weren't inferior, just different than what people were used to before.

I like how the player's mass affects the turning rather than rotating around the single camera axis, I already mentioned that I hadn't seen that since Trespasser.

I like the new FOV, it fits the close quarters theme well.

The weapon handling feels more natural, can't compare it with any other game.

Dynamic spawns are a great add-on as well. Are they created using regular ET spawn entities or new ones designed for CQB?
Either way some scripted rules should be set like not being able to spawn in an area which is already occupied by the enemy.

Oh, and seeing bullets fly around is pretty cool, can't wait to play on a bigger map where the bullet drop gets more noticeable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:09 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Shotguns are WAY to powerful. One hit kills from across the map?!?!? Freelook feature is really neat but is kind of useless. Weapon models look nice (except for 3rd person models). I get stuck on stuff on the map a lot, moving around seems kind of clumsy. Overall good start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:50 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Really a most excellent start, and great game. I agree with most of what Damien had to say, but have a few points of my own.
First, the new PPMS system is very, very nice and works well from what I can tell. I do, however, have a couple of issues with it: I think acceleration (i.e. going from standing to full sprint) should be slightly faster, but deceleration due to corners should be more pronounced; I have never actually measured or timed anything, but it seems slow. On a similar front, running seems way too smooth and steady, its disconcerting; I think this could be improved by adding more jerky up-downs, more camera shake, and more noise (e.g. crunch of gravel, heartbeat, breathing etc) (running right now seems quieter/smoother than walking). It would be neat if, when proneing from a sprint, you threw yourself down, maybe sustaining a little damage (this might have been mentioned before).
Weapon handling feels very positive. A few points: some pistols seem very small, I know they are small, but not that small; I think weapon size should have a more profound effect on how fast you can turn/run; weapon intersection with walls (like Vagas2 or Sniper: Ghost Warrior have) would be really, really, cool; for scope or ACOG (not red dot or EOTECH), I think the picture should be much larger (when I shoot the scope is almost all I can see with my right eye) and be right of center. Other than that it feels spot-on.
Other than the odd feeling running my biggest issue is the spawning. This game feels like you should play it slower and has more Tactical Realism elements than TC:E, but you're force to play it fast and recklessly because you never know when someones going to spawn in and take you from behind. I feel that, while it minimizes camping, it also doesn't have the same flow of pushing back and forth that I really liked in TC:E. No team can ever really control a zone (it seems) because someone will just spawn into it, maybe the rest of you like that?
That's all for now. Sorry for the really long post.

Edit: after playing some more and getting used to things I have to complement Coroner on making a superlative alpha release for the game. Also what's been done with the iron-sights and optics is astoundingly better than TC:E (which was great). Also, the ability to use slugs or buckshot would be fun (the only game I can think of the lets you do that is AVP2 and maybe SWAT4).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:20 am 
Marksman
Marksman

milkydeathgrind wrote:
Shotguns are WAY to powerful. One hit kills from across the map?!?!? Freelook feature is really neat but is kind of useless. Weapon models look nice (except for 3rd person models). I get stuck on stuff on the map a lot, moving around seems kind of clumsy. Overall good start.

At the moment your right. But i think its gonna change when we get other modes where you shouldnt be so careless with your life as in tdm your respawned instantly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:42 am 
Expert
Expert

Love the:
- Jiggly aiming. Feels realistic.
- ACOG, Red Dot, EOTECH sights
- PPMS
- nice models, cool lightmap

Don't like:
- Dynamic spawns, but I guess we've been through this a lot of times
- Does PPMS add a cap to mouse look too? The faster I move the mouse, the slower it turns.
- as mentioned before, acceleration feels slow, when I start to sprint. By the time I speed up I already have to stop.
- Leaning is a perk?
- Too much garbage on the map... always get stuck somewhere, too many obstacles. Sometimes they are blocking spawns too.
- Shotgun is overpowered indeed, but I think only on this map. Maybe add a bit more spread and shorter range?
- The aimpoint on the ump45 is kinda blocking the view xD I liked the one on M4 SOPMOD though (TC:E)
- Wider doors pls :D
- movement speed while aiming = movements speed w/o aiming? Latter should be faster.
- Movement speed w/ lighter weapon is just as slow as with a heavier weapon (not sprinting).

Has the FOV been changed? Feels different. Or maybe it's just the weapon model? dunno
btw.: Didn't you say you had new gun sounds? Or they were only for the 50.cal sniper?

For an alpha release it's really good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:59 pm 
Expert
Expert

milkydeathgrind wrote:

Umm doesnt shotgun do that IRL then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:03 pm 
Expert
Expert

what a terrible game -

the basis of a good truecombat is weapon handling, this feels like any old shooter with terrible registration and useless gimmicks

extended edition later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:33 pm 
Master
Master

HoboCoP wrote:
what a terrible game -

the basis of a good truecombat is weapon handling, this feels like any old shooter with terrible registration and useless gimmicks

extended edition later

I don't think you need to extend and/or explain your reasoning. I ask myself how we go from a great game 0.48, to a good game 0.49b, to a WTF CQB. I don't even...know how that works. It doesn't thats why you can't fix an unbroken game :P just do additional modifications to make it nice-saa.

[00:29] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we keep TCE alive with our BC
[00:30] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we just got posts on our forums saying people want to play MASSA
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: but without massa bc this game would be dead
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: and u know it
[00:35] [MASSA]Scarsraider: probably every TCE player has at one point played on our BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:30 pm 
Expert
Expert

Well.. I think you are not fair. CQB alpha ain't perfect (actually that's why it is alpha), but it isn't horrible as well. I have to admit that I was positively surprised with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:36 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Well I'm loving it right now. I haven't had this much fun playing a TC game in a long time. I'm really liking the weapon handling just feels more natural to me. The PPMS well at first I hated it, but again it feels more natural now. I just had to get used to it. The Respawn system I like as well keeps games fresh. You never know where an enemy could come from. That being said there are times when it will spawn me right in front of 1 or 2 enemies. Sometimes it happens 2 or 3 times in a row. As for perks I don't really mind them, only thing I would change is leaning perk. So overall a very good improvement over TCE BC mode Imo.

One little thing I wish the map was alittle bigger but that's just me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:26 pm 
Master
Master

UnholySaint wrote:
One little thing I wish the map was alittle bigger but that's just me

agreed, not much but little (like removing that one fence to allow you continue walking down the alley)

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:33 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

WingZero wrote:
I don't think you need to extend and/or explain your reasoning. I ask myself how we go from a great game 0.48, to a good game 0.49b, to a WTF CQB. I don't even...know how that works. It doesn't thats why you can't fix an unbroken game :P just do additional modifications to make it nice-saa.

What you need to keep in mind is that this is not TC:E, its TC:CBQ (even though many menus still say TC:E) as quite clearly stated by Coroner at the project's initiation. That said, it is very different, maybe not for the fast arcadie types, and I would change a few things (mentioned above).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:44 pm 
Expert
Expert

this is where tc should go next

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u65C-b_Jt5M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:30 pm 
Master
Master

HoboCoP wrote:
this is where tc should go next

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u65C-b_Jt5M

That would be cool :D Quake Live dominates. This is real e-sports competition revived.

[00:29] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we keep TCE alive with our BC
[00:30] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we just got posts on our forums saying people want to play MASSA
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: but without massa bc this game would be dead
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: and u know it
[00:35] [MASSA]Scarsraider: probably every TCE player has at one point played on our BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:01 am 
High Master
High Master

Have anyone noticed difference between damage of Beretta and Glock21? They seem to do same amount of damage, so Beretta would be better choice because larger clip size.
It always seems that when I sneak up from behind and use pistol, the guy won't go down after two shots to the body. Maybe it is just the hitboxes.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 75  Next