All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:23 pm 
Master
Master

why you guys want to get some "amateur" system when there is one which is not that bad ?
+ think that TCE has a multi OS support ;) which eliminates most of the so called ultimate anti cheat.

PB + PbBans + active admin = clean servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:16 pm 
Expert
Expert

Please... lets not even discuss active admins, because the admins we have on our servers now days are as active as team terminator was the past few years. Or just don't care. Not to mention the ones who have admins rights ( referring to Heros server ) have their own run-ins with pbbans. Along with former hackers caught multiple times calling our admins hackers themselves. ( what a dilemma if hackers call our admins hackers themselves lawl )

Also hackers are practically undetectable now days, if they setup their configs correctly ( referring to spike ) if he had disabled 1 simple command in his etbot.cfg then he wouldn't have been caught and you ( WoO ) wouldn't have kicked him from the clan. Along with humanized aim and other nice features in today's hacks, people are practically unnoticeable. According to spikes hack the hack features were activated through cvars which change their cvar name everytime they are detected. So from eu_wallhack it might to to ag_wallhack.... ( lame i know... ) Obviously the whole pbbans situation isnt working right cause we have a bunch of polish players who arent getting detected in our servers right now. And even if they did get detected their probably friends with some of our admins and wont be permanently removed from the servers.

Soo... we have NO admins, not until this game or next game will have a real community with real admins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:07 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

When you spec someone, if you know perfectly the game, you can see who is hacking, and who is not. (suprakarma got kicked of esl because of a demo for exemple)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:08 am 
Master
Master

kctus wrote:
When you spec someone, if you know perfectly the game, you can see who is hacking, and who is not. (suprakarma got kicked of esl because of a demo for exemple)

Yeah, if they're noobs. Good players often perform aimbot like reflexes. A wallhack might be easier to spot, but a good aimbot will go undetected under the right player, especially if they already know the game. Freeaim also makes it much harder to spot, coupled with humanized aiming (so high? woo? =] )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:46 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Yes true, but you can't watch every players 24h a day.

Woo: currently PB is the best solution, but an alterative for Ioquak3/W:ET would be nice, and would help is Evenbalance discontinue to support those games.

We just discuss the alternatives here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:11 am 
Master
Master

crash wrote:
Yes true, but you can't watch every players 24h a day.

Woo: currently PB is the best solution, but an alterative for Ioquak3/W:ET would be nice, and would help is Evenbalance discontinue to support those games.

We just discuss the alternatives here.

Because i dont have anything to do i will be bitching here your text :wink:

Its not ioquake3 its simple ioquake if i have understood right :D
You shouldnt say ioquake/W:ET since other is not a game and engines are different :P

Sorry bored :?

But you are right punkbuster IS nice :shock:

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:57 am 
Master
Master

8Ball made the decision to ban supra and we all know the shit he got from that. So the admin part isn't really functioning that well if the hacker is playing smart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:34 am 
Master
Master

At least we will get Xfire support if will be standalone

and what was with 8ball ? what was about it coz u said "what shit he got from that"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:00 pm 
Master
Master

|2oss® wrote:
( referring to spik3 ) if he had disabled 1 simple command in his etbat.cfg then he wouldn't have been caught and you ( WoO ) wouldn't have kicked him from the clan.

1st : spik3 can say a lot of things for the fun.
All i can say (i wont enter in details in public) is if it was that simple how the *i-need-a-broader-vocab* so many "retards" got caught (endless list).
2nd : like i explained earlier i was monitoring since the creation of his account (this name told me something from email or whatever i cant remember now) + when he used the nick ingame ^^, i knew we had to do something before he got his ban (Sp!keSpiegel can confirm this, he was informed too).
(we are offtopic ^^).

Whatever without pbbans those bans werent going to happen, thats the conclusion.

And yes like said snakesek earlier (and on some another thread) this is hard to make the difference between a good player and a cheater ; but in fact there is the context : sounds, teamplay informations, etc ...) + experienced demo reviewer cant be fooled trust me, thats why admin spectating cups is the best thing (if the admin isnt a *i-need-a-broader-vocab* noob of course).

For my own exemple, alone im not going to make that much, if the team isnt sharing infos i wont hunt enemies, u could ask around forces or frenchies i fw with, they call me kill stealer ;)
You will never find me preshooting or coming in the right place in the right moment if i didnt hear anything nor get the info from the team.

Its been discussed already there are too much thales about cheating in TCE which make everyone looking toward each others ... and cheaters always end wth a ban, just a matter of time (supragate should have learn you that).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:18 am 
Expert
Expert

By-the-by.. I've been playing a bit with et-xreal lately and have managed to get TCE 0.49b running on ET-Xreal binaries.. The problem however is, that it randomly hangs on my pc (probably it won't on yours!) (just the same way as Xreal did ever since one of the summer 2009 revisions :evil: ) .

Here is a (rather funky) screenshot: Image
I know this isn't the best screenshot (bugged screenshot func in current et-xreal!!!), but you can still see the "custom" mip-maps on the asphalt material - something that is not possible with W:ET 2.6
IN-GAME it looks okay! (not as on the screenshot!)

How-to-try-it-for-yourself:

w:et part:
1.) make new dir and name it something you like (ETXreal for example)
2.) make two subdirs: etmaintcetest
3.) Get this pack: http://uploaded.to/file/lfiygx
4.) Unpack it
5.) Put ET-XreaL.exe and rendererGL3.dll into your ETXreal folder
6.) Put other files from the pack into the etmain folder
7.) rename ___pak.pk3 to pak7.pk3
8.) Copy pak0.pk3 , pak1.pk3 , pak2.pk3 files from ORIGINAL W:ET installation into your ETXreal/etmain folder
9.) Do the same for other needed files from W:ET/etmain folder

tce part:
10.) Copy these files from your original tcetest folder to ETXreal/tcetest folder:
autoexec.cfg
cgame_mp_x86.dll
hunkusage.dat
mp_bin.pk3
official.dat
pak0.pk3
pak1.pk3
pak2.pk3
pak3.pk3
pak4.pk3
qagame_mp_x86.dll
ui_mp_x86.dll

running the game:
11.) Run the ET-XReaL.exe with these parameters: +set seta com_zoneMegs "256" +set com_soundMegs "64" +set com_hunkMegs "512"
(the same as for regular tce 0.49b)
12a.) once in etmain UI goto mods and then load tcetest mod
or
12b.) or run ET-XReal.exe with this (additional) parameter: +set fs_game tcetest

here is the link to the original guide on how to run it: http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/show ... ostcount=5

(except the normal, specular and parallax maps, the game looks like the same as on W:ET 2.6)

ps: Don't try to connect to a punkbuster enabled server!!! (PB might think you are some kind of 1337 h4x0r)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:22 am 
Expert
Expert

Oh and btw..
If there will be any interest, I can share with you a test map, textured with normal and specular mapped materials.

cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:14 pm 
Expert
Expert

Here is the latest ET-XreaL snapshot: http://xreal-project.net/wp-content/tmp ... 0101013.7z

(binaries + src), I was told that that app hang bug has been fixed :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:19 am 
Expert
Expert

Well *i-need-a-broader-vocab* me in the ass and call me sparky. Nice work sxy, now, can you explain a few things to me?

Is there already explicit normal map support now? Or does that have to implemented? If so, how long will that take? I'm talking weapons here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:12 am 
Expert
Expert

Yes it is. But I Have "slight" problems with my drivers (I'm very close to throwing my old x1950xt radeon in the trash bin). I have some problems with engine reading my DDS normal maps - no Idea why, should have tried with jpg for debugging purposes. But yes, normal mapping, parallax and specualr maps work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:02 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

sxy wrote:
I've been playing a bit with et-xreal lately and have managed to get TCE 0.49b running on ET-Xreal binaries..

Nice one sxy! :wink:

I suppose someone had to do this sooner or later, as it got huge potential. So far, im happy that 'someone' is you, as it all works fine for me (including all weapons/ironsights). Cant wait to see more (soon)! :)

Ps: I got an extra x1650 gfxcard, if you're interrested?? lmao :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next