Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:58 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Freeaim is completely fine.. it has a bigger recoil so you need to control that, it is not any better or worse than non-freeaim.. if you don't like it don't use it. It is all about what you get used to. Anyone that is good with freeaim can become just as good with non-freeaim and same with the opposite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:52 pm 
Expert
Expert

May I ask what is the 'unrealistic' part about freeaim?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:24 pm 
Master
Master

did you ever hold a gun in your hand and aim/shoot?
1. if you are in ironsight in rl, then your vision/sight(or focus) moves with your gunmovement(as it is with normal aim in tce), the freeaim movement is maybe realistic for something in-between ironsight and hip shooting, but not when ur looking "through your ironsight".
2. the recoil is the same, it just looks like more coz of the weaponmovement.
3. it gives you advatages: the fact that your view isnt changing/moving as much as with normal aim, gives you a better view and more control (you dont get distracted/disoriented coz the whole view is moving, you ahve a better overview).
it lets you perform faster targetchanges(if facing several enemies), you cant do it as easily and fast with normal aim.
when proning for example, it gives you a faster gunmovement and a better radius(try proning next to objects so u get stuck/blocked and cant aim properly, freeaim will give you a way better chance to kill someone with a bigger "movementradius")
4. having 2 different aiming systems cant work out properly... i mean seriously why? cant be fair (not saying freeaim has only advantages but you get my point i think..)
played with freeaim a lot in the past and i admit i played better with it, and thats also a reason why i stopped. dont feel comfortable knowing that a different aiming system makes me better lol. seen a lot of people saying that freeiam is easier for them and i guess there really is something to it.

i'd like to know what the devs think tbh, if freeaim atm really is like they imagined/intended it to be. also heard that freeaim was only introduced coz it was believed to *i-need-a-broader-vocab* up aimbots(failed obv, but who knows...rumours^^)

its simple, remove or fix it. there is no good reason why it should be left like this(or even have been introduced in the first place) except for the ones who like it and dont wanna give it up.

anyway sorry for spam, we need more bugs..gogogo. dont wanna get into an endless discussion here, its just a bug list/reporting thread afterall...

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:38 pm 
Expert
Expert

SnaKeS3K wrote:
did you ever hold a gun in your hand and aim/shoot?
1. if you are in ironsight in rl, then your vision/sight(or focus) moves with your gunmovement(as it is with normal aim in tce), the freeaim movement is maybe realistic for something in-between ironsight and hip shooting, but not when ur looking "through your ironsight".

I think you need to try looking through/holding a gun again. Freeaim is an actual real life occurance. You're gun is not glued to your face, you have some movement before actually shifting your vision.

Regardless, I do believe they need to stick to one or the other. It gets disappointing when people are on your back for using freeaim when its there for them to choose as well (and vice-versa).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:04 pm 
Master
Master

Alpha Red wrote:
Freeaim is an actual real life occurance. You're gun is not glued to your face, you have some movement before actually shifting your vision.

well you barely notice any of that(reason why i left it out) unlike in tce, where it seems that ur gun is attached to strings, which pull(delayed) the view with them(sry but doesnt look any realistic to me).

anyway just trying to give suggestions and make it fair for everyone ;)
but ye we really only need 1 of both (if the devs choose freeaim, i could live with it, as long as its the same for everyone)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:10 am 
Master
Master

Not to mention, there is no swaying motion when using freeaim. A corner camper using freeaim does not have to adjust his aim to account for sway. This is a direct advantage over non freeaim (And not realistic either).

If anything, the "box" freeaim uses before the vision changes should be reduced. Maybe a good mix of the two, without going to either extreme.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:04 am 
Master
Master

actually when firing a rifle your whole upper body moves to aim so yeah basically you rifle is glued to your shoulder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:43 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

why do you want to make everything so "realistic"? TCE is so perfect having its arcadish/unrealistic side mixed with the urban warfare realism. The aim is unrealistic but it fits TCE very well. I think it is stupid to say that one or the other has the advantage because you could be using it too. In my experience, i can shoot non-freeaim for 2/3 seconds straight with barely fighting the recoil. With freeaim i have to spit out couple of bullets at a time so that I can re-adjust on the target. and like I said before, ANYONE can be a very good player with freeaim and non-freeaim, it is all about getting used to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:59 pm 
Master
Master

Pimp. I experience the same recoil, as do most other players. If you're sensitivity is too high, freeaim will work against you. And did you read my previous post? There is no weapon sway for freeaim, that is a direct advantage, and it needs to be corrected.

And no one is really asking for realism, just improve whats already included.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:56 pm 
Expert
Expert

Um, yes there is weapon sway in freeaim, its jsut very minute. You can try it yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:05 pm 
Master
Master

Freeaim clearly gives advantages when shooting around corners and should therefore be fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:24 pm 
Master
Master

Alpha Red wrote:
Um, yes there is weapon sway in freeaim, its jsut very minute. You can try it yourself.

Yeah, barely moves, making it almost non existent. I don't know why you people are arguing with me on this, because the point is still there, it's an advantage, and needs to be fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:18 pm 
High Master
High Master

Bollocks!
If it is such an great advantage, why doesn't anyone use it?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:06 pm 
Master
Master

coz they maybe cant get used to it, dont know about the advantages(there arent many thinking about such things), wanna keep it the same as in other games, dont wanna actually have the advantage,or just think: wtf is this shit are u seriouzzz?(people new to the game seeing it for the first time and already know that something went wrong badly lol)

but enough now, basically everything important has been said about freeaim and this is no place for crying, devs will decide what to do. now concentrate on less fa-fanboy spam and gives us some more bugs we forgot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:53 pm 
Master
Master

Freeaim is realistic !
Why : because while watching ... your eyes are able to turn around and focus on other parts than the iron sights, thats why Freeaim was created (way earlier than new game generation).

SnaKeS3K wrote:
i'd like to know what the devs think tbh, if freeaim atm really is like they imagined/intended it to be. also heard that freeaim was only introduced coz it was believed to *i-need-a-broader-vocab* up aimbots(failed obv, but who knows...rumours^^)

You are talking about Random Aim (aim off the center screen) ... not Freeaim.

Freeaim = more accuracy + less damage.
No Freeaim = more damage + less recoil.

Quiete even, off topic and totally subjective.

gonzo|Uncle Bionic wrote:
Bollocks!
If it is such an great advantage, why doesn't anyone use it?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly ... stop whining, if you cant handle freeaim, use no freeaim but dont cry .... omfg.
A noob aimer will remain a *i-need-a-broader-vocab* noob with or without freeaim. Its all about dexterity nothing more !

Ask a girl if its better to be eaten with a big or a little tongue ... its all about you do with it !