First question is - what dedicated server do you have? Do you want to serve the game from your local PC? Is it windows or linux?
About sv_pure 0
- this is not necessary for playing custom stuff, and it's really not good setting. Why? When sv_pure
is set to 0
, all players will be able to use some non-installed on your server pk3 files. In this case somebody could make his own pk3 file with transparent texture of the wall, so he will see through it.
To use non-official packs all you need is to set sv_official
and then start the server.
You also should use etded.exe (windows) or etded.x86 (linux) to run dedicated server. Try to do this via command line, it could look like this:
etded.exe +set sv_pure 1 +set sv_official 0 +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +set com_hunkmegs 256 +set com_zonemegs 128 +set com_soundmegs 64 +set g_gametype 7 +exec blabla.cfg
- only pure pk3 installed on your server available
- this will allow you to run non-official stuff
- server will be run in dedicated mode
- sets the port for your server (eg. 27960)
- enables PunkBuster (recommended)
com_hunkmegs / com_zonemegs /com_soundmegs
- memory reservation for your server
- game mode (7 - bodycount, 5 - objective, 2 - ctf)
- this will execute your server configuration file (named it as you want, but try to not use server.cfg name)
This is only example how to run simple server. All other settings should be put in configuration file.
An example of configuration file
ET server setup and advance commands