All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: TCE getting boring
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:24 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

We've been playing so long the same modes, same maps and same spots for three years now, am I the only one thinking it's getting boring?
Why is it (well, atleast was) so hard to think about playing new custom maps instead of the old ones - there are some real gems out there.
More importantly, OBJ is getting boring. CTF has been played sometimes, and the last time I played it, it was so much fun. Actually, the only time I had only more fun were the 20-30 funwars I played, after that, it's become... well, it's the same thing over and over again. Same bugspots over and over again. The guys not being killed over and over again (maybe not a bug, but what an annoying feature). In CTF one firefight doesn't ruin the whole game.

So, what do you think? I doubt that CTF will be played in serious leagues, but still, had to get this off my shoulders. ggktxbai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:30 pm 
Master
Master

Custom maps always has been a problem, just look how people complain when it comes to add 2 new maps on a public server.
I think people are so lazy to learn that they prefer to play on 6 standard maps since 4 years ...
About CTF, i agree with you skai, it is fun and the respawn is cool (even saw a Jap ctf server with map where you can respawn & plant) ; BUT ctf is bugged (u can score without your flag on some maps, etc ...), definitivly cant be good for a league.

Anyway Force has a private ctf server online, feel free to ask PW if you want to use it for fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:39 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

SeF has a pub ctf server that i woud love to see full i like ctf but no one ever plays

SeF CTF Server: 98.124.176.73:27961

Post subject: Re: TCE getting boring
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:35 pm 
Expert
Expert

skai wrote:
We've been playing so long the same modes, same maps and same spots for three years now, am I the only one thinking it's getting boring?
Why is it (well, atleast was) so hard to think about playing new custom maps instead of the old ones - there are some real gems out there.
More importantly, OBJ is getting boring. CTF has been played sometimes, and the last time I played it, it was so much fun. Actually, the only time I had only more fun were the 20-30 funwars I played, after that, it's become... well, it's the same thing over and over again. Same bugspots over and over again. The guys not being killed over and over again (maybe not a bug, but what an annoying feature). In CTF one firefight doesn't ruin the whole game.

So, what do you think? I doubt that CTF will be played in serious leagues, but still, had to get this off my shoulders. ggktxbai

1. Everyone had the right to vote for CTF instead of OBJ to be played in WL.. but people say... "It's *I need a large hot beef injection ♡* everyone camping" when they don t even realise that it s part of the game.

imo i like ctf

2. The problem wiht custom maps most of the time is not custom maps but the HeroS Server drug... we have been playing on HeroS server before even Jesus Christ was born i bet and it s always been the same official maps. If somehow we manage to get a couple of custom maps on HeroS server along the otehr official maps, it would be awesome. A Custom Map server never works. And trying to convince people to join another server won't work either =/

Last edited by naabz on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:41 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I adore CTF (being a TC player at heart), but imo it's way too buggy to even be considered played in a serious competition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:43 pm 
Expert
Expert

I also like ctf but not as much as obj...obj is just perfect. You need good communication with your team (teamplay), good skills & good tactics to win a match or a cup as you all know. We cant start ctf because of those bugs and the playstyle.. people would only camp. About maps i think we should make some of them official there are some awesome maps.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:26 pm 
Master
Master

naabz wrote:
The problem wiht custom maps most of the time is not custom maps but the HeroS Server drug...
If somehow we manage to get a couple of custom maps on HeroS server along the otehr official maps, it would be awesome.

The goal of the heros standard as its name says, is to get a server without any extra download.
And i'm sorry but force main kept the effort to provide some new content (weapons, models, maps) with as light download as possible, and listening to the feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:24 pm 
Expert
Expert

]Wo0[ wrote:
naabz wrote:
The problem wiht custom maps most of the time is not custom maps but the HeroS Server drug...
If somehow we manage to get a couple of custom maps on HeroS server along the otehr official maps, it would be awesome.

The goal of the heros standard as its name says, is to get a server without any extra download.
And i'm sorry but force main kept the effort to provide some new content (weapons, models, maps) with as light download as possible, and listening to the feedback.

as i said it s very difficult to convince people to change there favorite server... that s the problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:27 pm 
Expert
Expert

isnt it possible to make custom ctf scripts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:09 pm 
Master
Master

If we replaced some player models with females. No more boring.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:16 am 
Expert
Expert

Stealth wrote:
If we replaced some player models with females. No more boring.

:D
]

-.-'

u kiddin me?? ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:42 am 
Rock Me, Amadeus!
Rock Me, Amadeus!

LayerS wrote:

technically you can do really advanced and cool maps, with switching spawns multiple mapobjects, (objectives like the door in raid) ...

but noone does that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:51 am 
Expert
Expert

merlin1991 wrote:
LayerS wrote:

technically you can do really advanced and cool maps, with switching spawns multiple mapobjects, (objectives like the door in raid) ...

but noone does that
Just think of Goldrush for TC:E. Or any other "advanced" obj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:17 pm 
High Master
High Master

bored to tce?
:o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:
IMPOSSIBLE!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 pm 
Expert
Expert

gonzo|Uncle Bionic wrote:
bored to tce?
:o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:
IMPOSSIBLE!

he meant bored of objective :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next