Are you excited?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Not Quite 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Call of Duty 4 Modern Combat
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:26 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The first CoD4 Modern Combat trailer was premiered on a Saturday morning during the drafts. If you happen to be watching it, you should have seen the trailer if not

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... mv&pl=game

Enjoy that. 8) (and may I say that what you see there is ingame video)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CoD has left WWII (and its about time) and is now following the steps of the equaly popular Battlefield Series. One question remains, will the CoD formula work for the modern shooter theme?

In other news, speculations regarding CoD5 will tend to follow the steps of the Battlefield Series aswell. Fans believe that it will be, like Battlefield 2142, a futuristic shooter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This game is expected late 2007 or early 2008 just as Infinity Ward has always announces around late production.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it'll be interesting to see what way it goes, it appears they'll be doing an iraqi campaign for the americans, and a Chechnyan(sp?) campaign for the russians, so at least it's not in the desert :P

it looks line fun. and I'm glad IW got to make it. activision used to rock, but now they can go and die. I'm still fuming that they made CoD3 for consoles only.

Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 4 Modern Combat
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

great, i kinda dislike WW2 games, for fun its fun, but to immerse yourself into the game, no, modern day shooters r much better,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:39 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yes me too, Im getting tired of shooting the same people - juding by the number of WWII games Ive played I killed more Nazis then there actually existed at the time.

I believe this game would be great and worth all the money for an upgrade. As all CoD games so far have been, they were all a great experience to have played, both graphically, dramatically, and even the sounds which most of the time are ignored ~ one cannot possible ignore the sounds of CoD. What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:54 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the sound is excellent, but the music is awesome beyond all words. getting the soundtrack int he CoD1 deluxe package was well worth it. I just hope CoD4 isn't scripted as much as the other games. they were still fun to play, but lacked replay value (but that didn't stop me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:56 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Exactly. Not much replay value but you could never expect the same battle to happen the exact same way because of human error.

If TCE were to be rebuilt on this (not that I am saying it will), what do you think? Shell shock, arcadish, highly hyper active - but all the while well worth it for its advanced features?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:00 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
yes me too, Im getting tired of shooting the same people - juding by the number of WWII games Ive played I killed more Nazis then there actually existed at the time.

I believe this game would be great and worth all the money for an upgrade. As all CoD games so far have been, they were all a great experience to have played, both graphically, dramatically, and even the sounds which most of the time are ignored ~ one cannot possible ignore the sounds of CoD. What do you think?

thats why i got my ps3, its going to be released on the ps3 too,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:07 pm 
Master
Master

meh tired of the whole Muslim terrorist thing we aren't all terrorists

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well an upgrade for me would be like buying a next gen console, except that I get the pleasure of choosing which parts I want and the liberty to gradually attain them instead of one giant purchase.

I dont think the enemy is CoD4 is muslim in general but indeed that is getting old. This is where games like TCE and AA come in where the enemy isnt anyone in general - just guys with different accent and wearing masks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:16 pm 
Master
Master

i want a game with really cool enemies that are like evil special ops like have 2 government agencies fighting that would be kinda neat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

That would be good. Probably a 4 player, 2 on 2 stealth action like Splinter Cell but still retaining the fast fluid arcady feel of WET or any arcade game. Thats like cloak and dagger sort of thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Karate Explosion wrote:
i want a game with really cool enemies that are like evil special ops like have 2 government agencies fighting that would be kinda neat

i had a suggestion similar like yours,
SPECOP AND TERRORIST:
http://www.truecombat.us/forums/viewtop ... 63&start=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Except that it is directed towards TCE which is not the case for this thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, a possible CoD5 might be futuristic like BF2142. This certainly opens new doors and gets rid of the muslim/islam and terrorist stereotype.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:37 pm 
Master
Master

actually in TC:E the terrorist should be more equiped then they are now because they are defected agents from the spec op group or something, i don't remeber the story to much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:50 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well in those cases they should actually be using the same weapons aswell. The game is set in the 80s, so technically it isnt really a modern shooter but a ColdWar era shooter. The days of John Rambo and Delta Force (Chuck Norris).

For a modern shooter, there is always the option of creating a fictional nation (preferable in areas that have known seperatist cells - except the current setting of the War Against Terror). Probably a full scale war not something like what we have now in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If you have ever played Full Spectrum Warrior, the story line should be something like that - minus the par tthat they are still fighting terrorists - but the point is, they arent basing it off today's issues. A moden shooter doesnt always have to be a counter terrorist shooter it can be truely fictional and fantasy but set in a modern time period.

and I could say, CoD4 isnt really a modenr shooter feature middle eastern enemies. Just because they carry Warsaw weapons doesnt generalize to that area, besides, look at the backgrounds, it looks more like its set in North America or in Southern and Eastern Europe (forests, rain, atmosphere, nuke silo?)