Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ps3 riot, CRAZY!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:28 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

damn look how many people are tripping about ps3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEPdRPxR_i0

it was also on CNN, i havent seen people tripped over the xbox360 console like ps3 though,

Post subject: Re: ps3 riot, CRAZY!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:01 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
i havent seen people tripped over the xbox360 console like ps3 though,

That's because Microsoft had the brains to actually make enough systems to satisfy their dedicated customers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

and microsoft fanboys are fairly mature, and know when to draw the line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:06 am 
High Master
High Master

it wrote:
and microsoft fanboys are fairly mature, and know when to draw the line.

Don't you mean that xbox fans are to lazy to get riled up?

Also, I say its a Play Station tradition. There is nothing better than knowing that there is a shortage on the thing you want.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:08 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
Dragonathan wrote:

That's because Microsoft had the brains to actually make enough systems to satisfy their dedicated customers.

or maybe because playstation is more pupular than xbox...?

but serieus speaking, computer nerds wont like playstation because playstation has too many cool games wich is just way too cool for them to play
:lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:56 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

actually, if you look at seasoned gamers and thier revies, (i.e., IGN, gamespot, gamerankings, gamespy) you'll see that the consensus on the PS3 launch titles is "they suck"

currently, the game that is considered the best out right now, is either gears of war or Legend of zelda:TP. it's the sad truth.

and I'm still a wii guy. it's better for those of us with less monet, becaause it's les than half a PS3, and games are $50 instead of $60, AND it had backwards compatability to GC, AND an online thing to buy games from N64 sown to some atari things.so, it currently has the most launch titles, with 30 (40 if you count each of the games in the bundles) retail ones, and ~25 online.

but, that's just my nintendo fanboy side talking.

the PS3 is sold out right now because of one fact: sony wanted them to be scarce. doing so raises demand, and in theory, you will sell more units. the only problem is, nintendo has made a few million, microsoft has made a fw million too, but sony probably has just reached the 1 mil mark.then they still have to ship them out, so they can lose $300 bucks.

marketing at it's best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:29 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
Evil_Muska wrote:
Dragonathan wrote:

or maybe because playstation is more pupular than xbox...?

Simply suggesting an alternative to my statement doesn't overthrow it.
If you don't have some sort of argument, then whats the point in blindly assuming your right?

You know what?
I don't know even a single person who owns/will eventually own a PS3. I do, however, know almost 10 people right off the top of my head who own a 360, and at least 1 person who recently got a Wii (going over to his house this Tuesday to play some CoD3 and Twilight Princess =D.... next week = pwnage).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:45 pm 
Expert
Expert

HOW MUCH FUN DOES THE WII CONTROLLER LOOK WHEN USING IT FOR CoD3 AND ZELDA?!?!

ohmegoshohmegoshohmegosh

/me kersplodes due to excessive usage of Nintendo fanboy mode.

/me respawns.

H'okay, ontopic.

Y'know I think that VG Cats comic strip says it all really.
Sure you could argue that it makes people want one more, so when you finally make them people will treat them as if they are rainbow dust, but it really doesn't make more people want one.
Just the people that do want one pissed off and wanting one more.

I mean honestly, what has the PS3 got that 'different' to everything else already out there? The wii has those awesome controlers and the way you can use them, and the 360 has some jaw dropping titles on it. Now the release titles for the PS3 sucked. It doesn't have a special new thing-amy-bob, its just the same as a PS2, but with better gear inside.
Thats it.

So that means, why buy it? you can get better titles, better prices and better supplies for other consoles, plus you can ditch Sony. Who doesn't want to see Sony's pockets thin out a little?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

uhmm... i think that video i showed says enough... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:51 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yo me it says they're not right in the head, like the people who camped up to a week for a wii or 360s.

fanboys suck. if sony was smart, they'd make a LARGE amount of PS3s, ship them to stores, and make what little profit they can not just initially, but over time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:24 pm 
High Master
High Master

You know, Sony has had a shortage for all their launches. Do you know why? Its a business strategy, one that has proven to work how they wanted two times before. They wouldn't have done it if it didn't work both times before. They have also done with with a few other things, but nothing major like a console launch. Is what the strategy does is make it look like the product is so awesome, that its sold out, and if you look at dragonath, you'd see that it worked on some people. Furthermore, people tend to want what they can't get, even if they don't really want it. I know some guys, with a bit of extra money, who bought some ps3's for theirselves, and they don't even play video games. I asked them why they bought it and they said, "I just wanted to get one before it sells out." one of them already gave theirs away to relative. Before you go off saying sony made a mistake, you should keep in mind what they have done in the past, and what other companies have done in the past, because sony isn't the only company to use that marketing strategy, their just the only one who does it for a major console.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

read this i got this from a game magazine:

This graphical test between the Xbox 360 and the PS3 is unfair for many reasons:

1. Almost all these games are made by EA.
2. All these games were designed specifically for the 360 and then ported to the PS3.
3. These ports to the PS3 were produced in a short amount of time based on working with the 360 as a foundation for production.
4. Developers are just starting to work with the PS3 to uncover its graphical potential.
5. The Xbox 360 release titles were graphically crap compared to what is being produced now, so the PS3 will follow the same path because of developers getting used to the architecture.
6. The Cell processor is new technology that is very different from normally designed processors, and Sony wouldn't invest so much money and time to produce crap in comparison to the 360s like many people have stated.
7. The original Xbox titles were subpar on release date despite it being the most powerful system in the last generation console war.
8. Despite most of the titles in this test going to the 360, the PS3 won in some graphical areas for titles (ex. Fight Night). 9. These games are all really current gen to me, with Gears of War to me being the first real next-gen title feel because of its insane graphics (not to mention art style of "destroyed beauty", and Resistance: Fall of Man showing potential just for its ability to keep dead bodies on the screen instead of making them dissappear or sink into the ground. 10. Consoles never reach their maximum potential until near the end of their lifespans, and 1 year for the 360, and a few weeks for the PS3 are no good example of either's true power.
11. Regardless of how much you think you know about both the systems' specs, if developers can't figure out how to fully utilize the systems' capabilities yet, then I doubt anyone here can predict without a shadow of a doubt which system will perform the best in a few years.
12. One console could do better in one area of graphical process than another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

can the PS3 do more than the 360? of course. can it do leaps and bounds more? no.

can a PC out-do a PS3? yes. look at HL2 lost coast. plays very well, and looks awesome.

IMO, PCs are more capable than consoles, because not only are they 99.9% backwards compatable (by default) , but they are also more capable over time. yes, a brand-new console may be able to do more initally, but in another 6 months, PCs will be equal, if not above.

I'll get a few pics of HDR, bloom, and full water effects ASAP.

and one more reason I like PCs more, is mods. you don't see mods for console games now, do you? imagine playing the same game over and over again, with no variety, blegh. and spending $60 for one game too... god....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you will need to have a job if you wanna own a console.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:13 pm 
High Master
High Master

it wrote:
can the PS3 do more than the 360? of course. can it do leaps and bounds more? no.

can a PC out-do a PS3? yes. look at HL2 lost coast. plays very well, and looks awesome.

IMO, PCs are more capable than consoles, because not only are they 99.9% backwards compatable (by default) , but they are also more capable over time. yes, a brand-new console may be able to do more initally, but in another 6 months, PCs will be equal, if not above.

I'll get a few pics of HDR, bloom, and full water effects ASAP.

and one more reason I like PCs more, is mods. you don't see mods for console games now, do you? imagine playing the same game over and over again, with no variety, blegh. and spending $60 for one game too... god....
I agree that PC own all consoles, but not all games are really backwards compatible, play the original warcraft and watch what happens =P, its quite funny. But consoles have their quirks, they are better for the casual gamer, and for those who are to simple minded to care about upgrading their comps. Also, PS3, Wii, and xbox 360 all have HDR lighting. The original xbox even uses bloom in a few games. HDR is not Pc only.
IMP PC has better games, PC games are also better because they can be modded, PC tend to be better for online gaming, and PC's make school a shit tone easier. PC's, I think are much better.

But this thread seems to be more for the console lovers, or for the people who just can't get enough from a PC. Compare it to a man who is married to a very hot chick, but feels he needs more, so gets a mistress on the side. Now, if you were cheating on your hot wife, wouldn't you want the best you can get out of a mistress? Sure, the wii is fun, but the Wii might also surprise you with a late phone call because she had a fight with her mom, thus alerting your hot wife. And a Xbox 360 is hot and mature enough not to do that, but it has glasses, and not the hot kind. Now the PS3 is both hot, and doesn't have glass, unless you like a girl with glasses and is a naughty teacher.

Now I guess if you have a console then your cheating on your PC and you will burn in hell.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next