Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: new terrorist term
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:06 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i saw liquid's blog and ive read that he was busy with SpetzNas models,
well why not change the TERRORIST term into SpetzNas,

so instead of "SPECOP vs TERRORIST" it should be "SPECOP vs SPETZNAS"
thats more original, too many games allready used the term "terrorist"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:10 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

You seem to think that a "SpetzNas" is something like a Terrorist?
"Spetsnaz" is a russian term meaning "special purpose units". In Russia it is used for all kind of special forces of all countries. US Delta force, SWAT Teams, SAS, SEK, GSG9, KSK, Ghadafis female body guards and also the secret units from the Ministry of Interior of the Republik of Kiribati would all be "Spetsnaz".
It is only in English language that "Spetsnaz" refers exclusively to the Russian special forces. But thats just anglo-american "ignorance".

"SPECOP vs SPETZNAS" is not more original than "SPECOP vs TERRORIST" because it would mean "SPECOP vs (russian word for SPECOP).

Last edited by Smaragdadler on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Smaragdadler wrote:
You seem to think that a "Spetsnaz" is something like a "Terrorists"?

i never said that spetznas are terrorists, i just said that the term terrorist should be replaced by spetznas,

Smaragdadler wrote:
You seem to think

what your doing now is guess what im thinking,

Smaragdadler wrote:
because it would mean "SPECOP vs (russian word for SPECOP).

exactly... specop vs russian specop, "SPECOP VS SPETZNAS"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:26 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

So you want to change the theme from "terror counter-terrorism" to one about conflicts between sovereign nations? Then you have to change the settings and make new maps, because this kind of conflicts don`t take place in "abandoned warehouses". :roll:

Try Ghost Recon. It has all what you want. Even the focus of the game engine on outdoor-setting. This is the appropriate setting for such engagements.

Last edited by Smaragdadler on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Smaragdadler wrote:
So you want to change the theme from "terror counter-terrorism" to one about conflicts between sovereign nations? Then you have to change the settings and make new maps, because this kind of conflicts don`t take place in "abandoned warehouses". :roll:

you dont have to change the hole map settings, afcourse it could take place in abandoned warehouses, it could take place evrywhere you can imagine of,
although the devs would need a strong storyline why the specops are fighting spetznas,

but the thing is, im getting tired of "good guys vs terror", allot of games allready have that concept, why not have a totally new concept,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:45 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

See it this way:
"For real" the Terrorist in TC:Elite are elite Russian professionals for irregular warfare. They are abroad supporting freedom fighter cells against the attacks of agents of state-terrorism which is pushing for "Globalisation". :)

Now you have "SPECOP vs SPETZNAS" . The Terrorist are "Spetsnaz" but of course they are TOO PRO to look like. THEY JUST CAN'T AFFORD IT! (:lol:)

It is there, was all the time. You just have not recognized it. And that is, how it should be. Don't tell, I told you. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if the spetznas were bombing things on NATO soil, and it was during the cold war, war would break out. also, a few bomb sites are in russia/the former soviet union. why would they blow up thier own stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Smaragdadler wrote:
See it this way:
"For real" the Terrorist in TC:Elite are elite Russian professionals for irregular warfare. They are abroad supporting freedom fighter cells against the attacks of agents of state-terrorism which is pushing for "Globalisation". :)

Now you have "SPECOP vs SPETZNAS" . The Terrorist are "Spetsnaz" but of course they are TOO PRO to look like. THEY JUST CAN'T AFFORD IT! (:lol:)

It is there, was all the time. You just have not recognized it. And that is, how it should be. Don't tell, I told you. :wink:

sorry i dont get your point, tried to understand it but i cant really get your point here, you should verbalize it more clearly.

it wrote:
also, a few bomb sites are in russia/the former soviet union. why would they blow up thier own stuff?

its just the name of the place, you could always rename it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:00 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

what about terrorist vs terrorist... happens all the time. and then we could get rid of ROE since we are terrorists. we could knock over a barrel of oil use our cigs to blow it up. :) and sometimes we would have CT/spec ops come in and then we blow up stuff. and we could turn on teammates and then join the other team :) ... Choas Combat Elite... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

JesusFreak wrote:
what about terrorist vs terrorist... happens all the time. and then we could get rid of ROE since we are terrorists. we could knock over a barrel of oil use our cigs to blow it up. :) and sometimes we would have CT/spec ops come in and then we blow up stuff. and we could turn on teammates and then join the other team :) ... Choas Combat Elite... :)

how about jesus Vs satan, ...GOSPEL COMBAT :roll:

jesus... could you be more serieus, please...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]