All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:16 am 
Master
Master

LOL wow did I ever screw up there what I said is the exact same thing the other guy said... Well make every server max 14 players or just make the maps in tce bigger…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:11 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

we already have to run 2 objective servers so that all the clan members can have a place to play....

and even then sometimes i cant get into my own servers.

meh, 10v10 is just right....no more, no less.

*sorry i had 20v20 earlier...i meant 20 total

Last edited by LadyDeath on Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:34 am 
Master
Master

I totally disagree, 20 people is way too much it just makes crowds of people all over the place… And that’s when team kills happen…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:28 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Agreed, I prefer servers with around 12-16 players per team.

Anything lower than 10 I find to be a boring match because people like hiding.

But 20 people per team grows to be very hectic...

I hate those servers because I can't use my skills against the enemy such as flanking, or my usual stealth tactics. Because every time I try and do one of those things I run into some sniper with an R93 or SR8.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:27 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

in .48 which had less routes to go on maps...there were servers with way more than 20 ppl....and not nearly as much tking...and thats a fact!

I find now, ppl easily get flanked becuz there are so many ways to go, so to avoid being flanked, ppl rush rush rush, and its the rushing which causes alot of tking...if you go slow in a pub server, 8/10 times ur ass will be flanked....ur damned if u do, damned if u dont.

PS: sorry, i meant 20 total....10 v 10 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:21 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Sorry to rain on your parade, but TCE was never intended to be a game where a billion people are on a server. It's goal/team oriented, not a total spam fest with 20 people + on it.

Although there are several factors contributing to teamkills (Aholes, people who can't differentiate teams etc..) one basic factor is overcrowded maps. It's a lot easier to tk a teammate when the map is overcrowded with them and one just happens to accidentally cross your path during a firefight.

The idea to change player number for different maps isn't very logical either. I believe each map made should be made with a standard number of players in mind. And if you own a server and it's full, that's why server configs invented private slots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:03 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Maps in .48 had way more choke points then the maps in .49...to me that would cause the illusion of "overcrowding" more than the current maps which have double the amount of ways to go, and there are less people are on the servers becoz they are limited to 20. Tking is happening more in .49 then in .48....yet ppl should have more ways to go and less teammates.

Some of our clanmembers discussed this last nite, and the some of people think its because of sounds....you hear people moving way more than before, and because there are so many ways to go, people are scared to be flanked, so they pretty much shoot at any sound around them.

Unfortunately, unless someone takes the leader role, team play on pub servers is rare...its usually every man for himself.

Bottom line...tk's are happening far more than in .48, and for those of us who play the game daily for hours, know how the maps work, know how to identify skins, and cover asses for a flank....it gets frustrating. Come on our servers and actually play the game...watch the stats flash the teamkills...watch the people who know how to play the game tk....then maybe you will have a sense of what is actually going on in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:27 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

LadyDeath wrote:
Come on our servers and actually play the game...watch the stats flash the teamkills...watch the people who know how to play the game tk....then maybe you will have a sense of what is actually going on in the game.

I guess since I don't play on SEF server, I am totally clueless on what goes on in TCE. Forget the fact I've been playing TC for 4 years.

I obviously know nothing.

Meow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:54 pm 
High Master
High Master

w00t, I smell a cat fight. *Gets pop corn*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:16 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Before claws get sharpened....

It is very difficult unfortunately to have a map designed for public and non public/clan play. Whilst a larger map eleviates kaos(TM) ;) and people just seeing someone and shooting this doesn't lend itself very well to team play.

Team killing due to not recognising team colours unfortunately is something that only experience can give. I for one will admit to shooting at people rather than taking that split second to think, "are they a team mate", there are other means like looking at the headgear. Specops have the helmet and terrorists don't but again you need to take that split second to think friend or foe.

I've been on your server tonight playing...be it under an alias as it's much nicer to play the game as opposed to being asked "when's it done" and I am curious as to what stat system you use on the ctf server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:22 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

LordOfKao$ wrote:
I've been on your server tonight playing...be it under an alias as it's much nicer to play the game as opposed to being asked "when's it done" and I am curious as to what stat system you use on the ctf server.

we use the stats as mentioned in this post

http://www.truecombatelite.net/forum/vi ... php?t=5287

and im not trying to start a fight....im just trying to point out that tking is happening way more in .49 than in .48...and trying to determine why its happening so much....its frustrating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:31 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Thanks for the info re the stats.

it would be nice to pint point the tk issue, shame we don't have a central server ranking system where we can pull the stats easily....maybe one for the future...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:01 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

well we have the stats program running on 4 of our servers, if you would like i can see if there is anyway to get some data from them....i dont know if it will be useful or not, however, you never know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:43 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

as per our stats:

people with greater than 100 kills, tk rate is 3-5%

people with less than 100 kills, tk rate is 12%

median rate 8%

now remember this doesnt take into account people who have disabled their stats, or who constantly clear them.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:20 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

@LadyDeath & cope57 & Diane

-the 3 of you are correct,

the less player's the more immersive,
i find it very immersive to play on a server where there is only 10 or 12 players..
its not boring... but it actually gains the stealth factor.
but it isnt only about the amount of players or about the structures of the map,

but this is because the human reflex cant always distinguish the bad guys and the good guys, so really.. seeing the names of player's above the model's head is the only solution, and this has nothing to do with arcade/unleasitic or whatever, seeing the player's name under the models feet is basicly the same thing like seing the player's name above the model's head,

Dragonathan wrote:
READ ATTENTIVELY

the solution is very simple, just SHOW player's name above the model's head, its like a replacement for the arrows... and some will say its unrealistic... but the name right under the model's foot isnt so realistic either..
guys its a game... if you want something extreme realistic, than join the army or something.

look SPECOP: "blue names" above the player's head"

look TERRORIST: "red names" above the player's head"

not only will it reduce the team kills but it does look cool too...

READ ATTENTIVELY

now some of you hate it when you see the name of the players above the model's head constantly... but this should be an option for players.. you can choose for "let player's name appear the hole time" or... "let the player's name appear only when you point your gun towards your team mate"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL SUGGESTION

now why do the text colors of the 2 teams always have to be RED and BLUE in most games?
its starting to be a cliche for most games, "bad guys red, good guys blue" its rediculous and a bit overdo, well since RED and YELLOW is the offical TCE's color of terrorist and specop,

see:

why not make the BLUE text color yellow, its the official specop color of TCE. so instead of a BLUE text color above the player's head, why not make it yellow "the official specop color"
it should look something like this:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next