All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:03 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

The only real TK issue I have is with the players that insist on TKing.

There seems to be a lot of noobs out there who shoot you to wound you (probably with the intention that if you get into a firefight with the enemy, you'll die faster) for whatever cause is their own.

I think there should be a Team Damage add on much like there is in America's Army.

Except instead of taking away from score, your Team Damage Ratio is added up and once you reach the peak the player is kicked or a vote is launched asking if the other players want the player to be kicked or banned, depending on the server settings set by the administrator.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:25 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

anything like that should be hardwired into the game not letting admins change it as not all admins are into upholding these rules. Like in AA, ROE is hardwired and if you have an honor server wether you like it or not, too much roe sends you to Leavenworth (been there over 9 times because of team stupidity by running straight infront of me between my bullets and the enemy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:00 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I like the idea of reflective FF a little more, you shoot an ally, you get the damage. (can be set to full or half)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:26 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

That would be really unrealistic but yes it makes it really effective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:07 am 
High Master
High Master

Or they could add an F3 option that takes their guns away, and keeps them alive. =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
Now back to the subject at hand, I there should be no hint of what team the player is on other than the uniform. In real life you names don't show up when you aim at a guy does it? When I look at a random guy on a street his name doesn't appear over his head. In real life all you get is a uniform and the general idea of where your comrades are. I never went by a triangle over a head, nor have I waited for names to appear, I simply go by uniforms, where the guy is and what way he is going, and as I mentioned before I get very few tks[/color]

in real life people cant see a compass in their own visual sight,
in real life people cant see a health bar in their own visual sight,
in real life people cant see a stamina bar in their visual sight,
in real life people arent able to see a menu popping out their visual sight,

get the point?

its a game, games are ment to entertain people, it allows people to escape from the reality, you cant never compare games with real life... thats just rediculous....

XenoKiller wrote:
As much as possible we want it the other way around. Absolutely minimize the hud and all its icons. If you need to have a name shown, only when you have your mouse/gun aimed at them.

that should be the choice of the player's if you dont like the name appear on the player's head than dont use that option, its just simple as that,
i know i would use it, especially when im playing with my clan, so i can know where all my clan members are with out pointing my gun/mouse at them, so i can protect them, because this is my opinion "protect clan members first" and "non clan members" are on their own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:29 pm 
High Master
High Master

Dragon, in real life you do have an idea how you feel. I don't know about you, but I run 2 miles every other day, and I can tell when I get worn out. Also, when I fall off my BMX trying to do a basic trick (I suck on bikes) I know that there is pain in the area that hits the ground. I don't like the compass, I think they should remove it. The menu's should only be for picking a class, or for viewing when dead. If you would run, ride bikes or work out, you will find out you can easily tell when your tired or hurt.

Seeing a uniform is something that you should recognize yourself, because it's a thing that has to do with meta cognition. Pain and fatigue are instinct reactions, which have to do with a physical nature, and can best be displayed as gauges in game. Furthermore, this game is aiming towards realism, for those players who like to play realism based game. If they want the game to be more realistic, then by all means let them ask for it. If you want arcade like games then stick to CS:S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:50 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
when I fall off my BMX trying to do a basic trick (I suck on bikes) I know that there is pain in the area that hits the ground. I don't like the compass, I think they should remove it.

i suggested a realistic GPS system:
http://www.truecombat.us/forums/viewtop ... 4&start=30
but we wont see that because the devs want a crappy lame 80's style.

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
If they want the game to be more realistic, then by all means let them ask for it. If you want arcade like games then stick to CS:S.

what!? i dont get your point... its just a hud suggestion, not a gameplay suggestion that will change the hole gameplay structure,
if you play COD online you also see names above the player's head and i can tell you that COD is defenitely NOT arcade....

there should be 3 options
1-see the names above the player's head
2-see the player's name above the head only if you point your mouse/gun at them
3-turn off evrything

problem solved, if you dont like it turn it off, but if you teamkill by accident thats your problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:22 am 
Master
Master

There is 2 reasons for team killing

1- Beginners
2- The maps are too small for 20 people and more…

The servers should have a limit of 14 people( 7 vs. 7 witch is perfect I think or even 8 vs. 8 is good)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:47 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

The maps themselves should have a limit to how many can join. Any extra should become spectators. The larger the map, the more allowed to play at once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:00 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

maps arent at fault here, its ppl not being able to recognize skins fast enuff.... the triangles are gone, and names of teammates are slow to show up.
That and noobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:58 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Cope57 wrote:
The maps themselves should have a limit to how many can join. Any extra should become spectators. The larger the map, the more allowed to play at once.

Amen brother! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:12 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Cope57 wrote:

So your playing 10v10 on a map, objective....a smaller map comes on....and some of those ppl automatically go to spec? or ppl say...oh heck its a small map, ill sit out and spec for the next 30min....come on....lol...thats silly

and since the maps are limited now on objective servers, and tking still happens, your theory is flawed :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:18 pm 
Master
Master

lol lady good point... But what he said still makes sence, anyway somewone should come up with a good idea to stop tk ... And the maps should have there own limit like cope57 said... Example obj_Snow = max players12... obj_delta= max players14 something like that ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:00 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

ok and how do u run a server then?

14 ppl are playing obj_delta= max players14, then the next map obj_Snow = max players12? Who leaves? who goes to spec? all you would be doing is changing servers constantly.

isnt going to work...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next