All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yes.. in the mean time you can join the forums at this link

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:57 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
yes.. in the mean time you can join the forums at this link

Doing so now. :D

[EdiT] For some reason I can't fully register. When I send the e-mail registration, it never goes through. I can view stuff, but can't post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:47 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Okay then I manualy validated it. Turns our Sauebraten doesnt have a menu interface yet or even a single interface at all. It does have the effects I am looking for, but it still doesnt have physics. It may require alot of work just to get it to lookright complete with the mainmenu, ingame menu, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:40 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Okay then I manualy validated it. Turns our Sauebraten doesnt have a menu interface yet or even a single interface at all. It does have the effects I am looking for, but it still doesnt have physics. It may require alot of work just to get it to lookright complete with the mainmenu, ingame menu, etc.

What are you talking about? :?

Saur has (at the very least) a pause menu.
I beleive that counts as an "In-Game" Menu.
It also has a console, you just press the ` key.
It doesn't have a MAIN menu, but I'm sure that can be fixed.
Also, it has physics (at least for the grenades in the grenade launcher).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Its physics isnt an actual physics simulation for rigid body instead it is just like Quake's own simulation. Basicaly, it is just like Quake3 with shader technology and an ingame map editor - and it also uses MD3. MD3 means it is much harded to animate and model with the limitations of that format. But our options are open, in anycase we might even endup just modding WET then porting to Q3GPL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:57 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Hi

I’ve been reading what you kids have been chatting about and I have to say that I am kind of interested sins I have bean playing around with “Saur” and have always thought that it has a lot of untapped potential. Saur is ridiculously easy to create large areas of terrain very quickly. This could be taken advantage of in creating a game that would be maintained and expanded by a community. Any way just throwing sum sh** out there.
:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:37 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Thats great. I look to seeing more people work together on this. Do take into consideration taht we havent decided on the engine to use yet. It is mostlikely going to either be a WET mod, Sauer mod, or a FEAR mod. THe OGRE engine is good but there no existing GPL games that we can mod from it and creating a full game from scratch is too hard unless we can get people with experience.

--The general idea of what we will aim to get is a thirdperson/firstperson Quake-like tactical shooter set in a different reality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:21 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

5% boy [OSX] wrote:
Hi

I’ve been reading what you kids have been chatting about and I have to say that I am kind of interested sins I have bean playing around with “Saur” and have always thought that it has a lot of untapped potential. Saur is ridiculously easy to create large areas of terrain very quickly. This could be taken advantage of in creating a game that would be maintained and expanded by a community. Any way just throwing sum sh** out there.
:?

Good to see a second opinion. :D
I've been toying with the engine since Cube1.
I completely agree that it has a lot of potential, and like I said before, it just seems that people aren't willing to give it a try (and I'm not saying that to try and get it chosen, it's simply an honest observation).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:36 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I want to know if Sauer can handle a 2000tri weapon model that uses 1024x1024 texture.. The concept model for the first weapon is almost done.. it just needs a few more fixing and manipulating on some parts to make it look more real, a few more parts missing, and texturing which will be the most difficult process.

Let us continue discussion on our forums.. not here.. :D

Glad to see people are interested in this industry, Ill just let you know easy.. if we succeed in this, not only is it fun but worth a lot of doh (not that kind of green, that kind im talking about is money).

Post subject: Re: Private game development
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
namely alot of Dragon's crazy ideas which just might work for a less serious arcadish shooter.

for less arcadish shooter? what the hell!? dude im anti-arcade, all my suggestions are suggestions to improve the tactical/realism/simulation factor of tc:e
i never suggested something that would make tce arcadish. do research on this forum and check if you can find anything where i suggested an arcadish feature, i doubt you will find it... because i never suggested something arcadish, :roll:

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:51 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Extra features as such not really necessary in reallife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Extra features as such not really necessary in reallife.

extra features has nothing to do with arcade and i wouldnt call my suggestions "extra features" you should call it "idea's to improve the game" abbreviate it with ITITG :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:30 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragon, this topic is over... so why don't you drop it, ok? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Exactly.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2