Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: METAL GEAR SOLID 4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Metal Gear Solid 4:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... mv&pl=game

sorry i do need to express my emotions:
HOLY MOTHERF.CKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

well... i can sense that UBISOFT will steal some of MGS4's features for their upcomming splintercell :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: METAL GEAR SOLID 4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i swear that 1 year ago i also wanted to suggest that "lay on your back and aim/shoot" feature when i suggested "role left and right using the Q & E keys in prone position"

is like kojima can read my mind
:?:

Post subject: Re: METAL GEAR SOLID 4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:09 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
i swear that 1 year ago i also wanted to suggest that "lay on your back and aim/shoot" feature when i suggested "role left and right using the Q & E keys in prone position"

is like kojima can read my mind
:?:

In Far Cry: Instincts, you can lay on your back and shoot, so this is nothing new, Dragon.

Dragonathan wrote:
well... i can sense that UBISOFT will steal some of MGS4's features for their upcomming splintercell :lol: :lol:

Do you always have to bash another game when you mention one you like?
Splinter Cell: Double Agents is gunna be awesome, and It's not going to steal from MGS.
Just because it's stealth-action doesn't mean it's the same or it's copying, Splinter Cell actually perfected the stealth aspect of this genre (and the multiplayer is freaking sweet!).
In SC you feel almost like a ninja, but in MGS you feel like a normal solder sneaking around.
Saying SC copies MGS is like saying Any FPS copies Doom, what start out as "Doom-Clones" become part of a completely new genre.
Also, these two aren't the only ones in this genre, Syphon Filter for example, is also another well-liked Stealth-Action game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:11 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I have never really played MGS but I do know the company Silicon Knights is in St. Catherines Ontario, just 1 and a half hours drive from where I am.

The games I plan to get - -ofcourse one at a time as this would be expensive - Id choose what I see as the best gameplay, multiplayer, replayability, mod support, and efficiency with system resources. Those ar emy guidlines for games, graphics arent really counted anymore as we can expect that all games from 2003 today would have resonably acceptable graphics and sounds.

In order of score:

1. Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars; being highly and easily moddable and my favorite series - I havent tried it yet but I know what to expect from former Westwood devs
2. Battlefield 2142; not exactly my idea of a good tema oriented FPS but atleast the players arent jerks
3. Enemy Territory Quake Wars; would have gotten a higher rank in this list but I havent tried it yet.
4. Hell Gate London; the top RPG on my list, down here for the same reason that I havent tried it yet.
5. Medieval 2 Total War; im not really into the series but into the genre and theme.
6. Neverwinter Knights 2; I have played the tabletop Dungeons and Dragons in the past but for the same reason I dont know how NWN2 will play.
7. SplinterCell Double Agent;
8. Supreme Commander;
9. Rainbow 6 Vegas; sysreq questions and doubts
10. Unreal Tournament 2007; system requirements issue; noone knows for sure but they are expecting scalability for older systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------

MGS however, the story looks interesting, I just dont like the theme and style. Also, I dont like games that focus on just combat but those that actually let you do something else. These 10 games I listed arent just killing each other but you could be doing something else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:38 am 
High Master
High Master

The only good MGS was the first one one NES, all the others are just half asses projects that they call a game. Also MGS4 seems to bringing nothing to consoles. All MGS4 does is combine features from other games, kinda like how splinter cell uses other games shit. Most other games coming out usually have something new about them. FEAR for instance is a game meant to a horror/suspense game, with with dark scenery, lighting effects and flashes of things here and there, while retaining quick game play. Futhermore it has a decent story, and the story is played out well enough to keep you amused. Prey is the first major game to make portal that you can see an shoot through, also you can walk on walls (but that wasn't implemented well). Half life 2 and its spawns all added new stuff, like HDR in a game (But in truth valve first had HDR in DoD source) and valve was the very first to add HDR to games. RE4 had aiming from over the shoulder and a lot of places to make unique actions. Even pokemon had qualities that other games didn't have, over 150 different things to progress. There are many other games I would like to get in to, but I'm lazy atm Now why is it that one of the most anticipated games doesn't really bring anything new to the table? MGS4 needs to pull some new features out of its all, or else it will not even be able to match the game play of doom 3 (another game that got big for bringing nothing to the table)
I find it pathetic that you are so awed about a game that has nothing unique about it, other than the MGS easter eggs that the game is known for, which isn't enough to draw me to the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:53 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I hope we can all at least agree that Grand Theft Auto 4 will be the shit.
That is one game I think just about everyone is anticipating.
I'm getting goosebumps just thinking of it running on the same engine as Table Tennis. :yay:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:55 am 
High Master
High Master

Indeed a roonie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:07 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I'd say most of Rockstar Game's games are all worthless garbage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:

In order of score:

1. Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars; being highly and easily moddable and my favorite series - I havent tried it yet but I know what to expect from former Westwood devs -it: not that high on my list, I"d get the C&C gold first personally
2. Battlefield 2142; not exactly my idea of a good tema oriented FPS but atleast the players arent jerks 'twould be fun.. might get the demo now
3. Enemy Territory Quake Wars; would have gotten a higher rank in this list but I havent tried it yet. mm, gotta get it.. ET in the quake universe. tum.
4. Hell Gate London; the top RPG on my list, down here for the same reason that I havent tried it yet. haven't heard of it, but I'll check it out
5. Medieval 2 Total War; im not really into the series but into the genre and theme.see above
6. Neverwinter Knights 2; I have played the tabletop Dungeons and Dragons in the past but for the same reason I dont know how NWN2 will play.meh, not really my kind of game... but that's just me
7. SplinterCell Double Agent; after I beat PT... chaos theory can wait.
8. Supreme Commander; again, haven't heard of it, but I'll look it up
9. Rainbow 6 Vegas; sysreq questions and doubts mm rainbow six.... I'd try it out
10. Unreal Tournament 2007; system requirements issue; noone knows for sure but they are expecting scalability for older systems. mmm... unreal tourney... another thing to try...

*adds comments*

me=evil, no?

anyhoo, I kinda want to play MGS just for sneaking around in a box.
could you imagine that in other games? lol, CoD... what's that box doing here? isn't this supposed to be a realism shooter?
oooh... flight simulator... but I'd go for the box from the mac commercial (http://itownsyo.ytmnd.com/) minus the FPS doug sound from the YTMND...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

None of the games listed above from Metal gear to Cod mentioned anything about realism, just storyline, style, and design. TCE is leaning towards realism but still does not have it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:47 pm 
Master
Master

Hmmm splinter cell 4 ( double agent ) came out today so dont worry dragon ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:18 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:

Yeah, all except GTA3 , GTAVC, and GTASA. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:52 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Evil_Muska wrote:
XenoKiLLer wrote:

Yeah, all except GTA3 , GTAVC, and GTASA. :D

Don't forget Max Payne... *cough* (damn good game...)

As for MGS4...

If there's anything Dragon and I can agree upon, it's that MGS4 is going to be the shit!

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:38 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Silentcrisis wrote:
"Don't forget Max Payne... *cough* (damn good game...)

Yeah, forgot bout that. :D

Silentcrisis wrote:
As for MGS4...

If there's anything Dragon and I can agree upon, it's that MGS4 is going to be the shit!

Yeah, I never disagreed that it wouldn't be awesome, I just don't apreciate Dragon bashing a perfectly good game in the process. You don't have to compare MGS4 to SC:DA to prove it's a good game, they're both (going to be) awesome! Why can't Dragon just accept that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

splinter cell and MGs are both good. if one copied off the other, oh well. they're still fun.

BTW, got my first glimpse of PT last night. looks good. also the first time I used thermal vision on this comp.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next