All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: 0.49 community review
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:50 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ok in this thread evryone can give a review,
you have to rate for 3 things, gameplay/graphics/overall.
you can give a rating between 0 and 10.
and than you can give your comment.

just copy past this:
---------------------
GAMEPLAY:
GRAPHICS:
OVERALL:

comment:
---------------------

ill start with the review on the next post.
remember be as honest as possible.

Post subject: Re: 0.49 community review
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:50 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

GAMEPLAY: 6
GRAPHICS: 8
OVERALL: 6.5

comment: i dont mind the bugs and technical issue, i do mind that the devs are still using the old models, i also dont like the fake unrealistic things, like uable to shoot a car window, like that car in stadtrand near the spawn of the terrorists, its fake you can shoot the windows of the small fiat panda but you cant shoot the windows of this car: Image
and there are like bottles that you cant shoot down/destroy, in 0.48 you can like destroy objects like cups and bottles, so that part isnt improved but its only gone worst.

i do like that the players are allowed to put the gun position more in the center, but theres still allot of flaws and incorrect things about it, read:
http://www.truecombat.us/forums/viewtop ... 4192#14192

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Gameplay: 5 (due to lamers and spawncampers)
Graphics: 8
Overall: 6.5

Definitely they need to do something about those kinds of players. Kick their @$$3$. Dragon, you finally made a thread worth keeping and talking about rather than bicker on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:18 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

GAMEPLAY: 7
Depends on who you are playing with, this rating is variable

GRAPHICS: 8
The graphics is quite good, especially for a free game. I would also like to note that the quality of the graphics still depends on the quality of the graphics card.

OVERALL: 9
The overall playability, and graphics makes this game a good choice for those looking for a more realistic point of view in a game. The game also being created for more than one type of operating system (Linux, Mac, M$) makes it more compatible with gaming communities.

comment: Comments noted above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

gameplay: 3-8, depends on who you're with, I'm usually with the better palyers, and when they spawncamp, they do it right (actually letting you out some times)

graphics: 9.5 could be better, but for the system requirements, they're awesome.

overall 8-9 hackers and lamers wreck some servers, I lag a bit more, but most things make up for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:25 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Game Play: .49 is designed more for scrim play than for public play in my opinion, rushing is not something this new mod accommodates....so
Scrim/Private Play: 9
Public Play: 3

Graphics: may have had some nice enhancements, but since i have turned everything off, or down as far as it can get so i dont lag and am able to load a map......the maps do look nice, although there are alot of mistakes in them...ill rate it a 4

Overall: ill give it a 5, which in my opinion is a fair rating since the first couple days i played .49, i would have rated it in the negatives. Its good for a free game, too bad you have to have a top of the line pc to play it if you dont adjust your configs. Did i have more fun playing .48...hell yeah, and i think so did alot of people, if you look at the empty servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:39 pm 
Master
Master

Well I think 0.49 is better then 0.48 the only thing I don’t like is that many people cant play tce anymore because of the major graphic improvements.

Well gameplay wise I give it a 7
Because it’s more tactical then 0.48 was but I found a couple of small bugs and expect for that it seams pretty okay. Btw you can spawn camp in at lest 80% of games. But anyway no game is perfect. And the maps are insanely good compared to the ones in 0.48

For the graphics I give an 8.5
Because I just can’t believe how good it looks for a game with an old as hell engine (not that old but pretty old). The lighting effects are nice and the maps are WAY better (graphics and gameplay wise).

Overall I give true combat elite a 7.9
Because it’s not quite complete and there are few things that need to be fixed and there were no new weapons. Anyways for a free game and the not so high system requirements I think this game is one of the best out there and I hope they will keep making true combat better and maybe eventually become a big game available on console and that the team makes money with it. TCE is my fav game but since i want to stay realistic im only giving it an 7.9

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:01 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Couldn't I simply say that it was a major improvement off of .48?...

*sigh*

Gameplay: 7
I find the gameplay to be descent... It's the amount of players that usually gets me interested...

Graphics: 9
The graphics and effects are a great improvement from .48 and I hope they will be as the game advances into later versions.

Overall: 8
The game in its entirity isn't at all unique but very fun and enjoyable to those who have slower computers but are still looking for that fun gameplay.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:11 am 
High Master
High Master

Game play 10
I like shooters, and even more I love realism shooters. TC:E has got to be the best realism shooter I've played. Mainly because it is basically the only good looking one that gives more than a single life obj mode to play.
Graphix 8
I think the graphix are excellent for a mod on an old engine, however, it isn't as good looking as most half-life 2 mods, but they did a very good job with what they have.
Over all 9
I like the community, servers and clans.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]