All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: friendly fire is TEH teamplaykiller!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:04 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

this happened to me very often:
im running around with 3 other guys, then one single terrorist comes and shoots us. and why? the buddy running in front of us was a bit slower, but how could i shoot if im risking to kill a team member, scrap my score AND more important my weapon selection?! not to forget an angry mate...
discuss. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:10 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

you must be running too close to your teammates
you must learn to move when you see the enemy instead of trying to shoot him first
you should kill whatever is in front of you, teammate or not
an angry teammate is not a teammate
your score doesnt matter
your weapon selection doesnt matter
you'll go back to a weaker weapon that you used in the beginning of the game anyways
change you strategy with the weaker weapon, next round
all weapons can kill so any weapon is a good weapon

and if it was Josh that was the single terrorist, then there wasnt anything you could've done to change the outcome anyways :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:23 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

:lol: :lol: :lol:

los Doctores www.clan-doctor.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:36 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

as far as i know this mod claims to support teamplay considering there is an objective mode.....

Quote:

is this quake 3s free for all?

i guess youre not that serious anyways..... am i right? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:42 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

"He who hesitates is lost"

los Doctores www.clan-doctor.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:00 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

related to whom and in which context?

im an attacking one....

victory shall favor the bold..... :wink: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:59 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

lol, hint one... never follow people, lead them... I always observe the situation before doing any type of engaging...

And if your teammate runs into your line of fire, then he deserves to die, even though you're penalized for it...

It happens to everyone... and I think that points should be deducted only if the player files a complaint against you...

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:28 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well I never put a complaint unless the Tker is actually doing the same thing agian and again. The thing is TCE isnt really supporting team play at all. It's idea and intention is team oriented but the overall result of what is going on is pretty similar to CS. Basicaly, alot of the new players and mostly those who were booted out of CS for bad attitude and cheating ofcourse will go look for the next best thing. AA isnt a place for them they will simply be kicked right out, so the go for the next best thing again, BF2 aint any good for them either because BF2 players are in thier own world. So they fing out about TCE and it's being free, they come in, do their thing, make people angry and get away with it. Basicaly, a game where they cannot get hardware banned or account/GUID banned is a game where they can do all thier cheap lamer antics of a 13year skinny boy who's nose is dripping and body is limping under 10kph winds. Face it, CS spawned alot of assholes but there is no more room in CS or CS Source so they go to what ever close alternative they can get to. Ever since Steam actually started to get tighter on security, they have been moving everywhere and you will know that form the way they play and talk.

About a year ago, almost two years ago, TCE wasnt so bad, good players, no complaints, almost no bickering between anyone on the servers, and we probably knew each other since it was a small tightly knit community. Yet recently, I have left TCE for a while, and everytime I come back, the situation gets worst. From tons of 13 year olds, to admin exploits, then to mapper exploits (where a mapper makes a map they can easily exploit).

Friendly fire is present in TCE, just like in BF2, people can use the ROE violation/TK kick to kick people they dont like or who are doing better than them off a server. Simply an exploit of a game feature and a security feature.

Therefore I completely support's PB's job of hardware banning anyone who cheats or exploits. This are issues in most of today's games, it is a good thing that AC communities and several groups are now enforcing these on the top online games around.

--------------------

FF is an integral part of TCE and all realism modern military shooters. It should not be removed just because people can sometimes exploit it.

--------------------

If they were really playing as a team, they would not be blocking the path like that if they were injured. It clearly shows that that person is trying to get a kill as if the game was oriented on "kill to win". If he was playing as a teamplayer, knowing he is injured he should have stayed behind the line to cover from behind not rush in for the kill. If anyone like that gets in the way go around them, try to get pass them, else, if the enemy shows up infront of them, get out of the way first, hide behind something and let them die before you attack the enemy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:15 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Quote:

i love when i have a teammate inbetween an enemy and myself.
its even better when NotMyHead is that teammate, cuz he knows that he and that enemy will be dead by my bullets if im quick enough.
hes a real teammate that doesnt get upset at tks cuz he understands its better for one of us to die then for both of us to die, let alone 3 like in your example.

i miss NMH =(

[/quote]i guess youre not that serious anyways..... am i right?[quote]

what do you mean by serious? as terr I do the obj i i feel like it. i dont run with ppl unless i feel like it. yet im probably a better asset that way anywayz. so does playing seriously mean i have to follow a certain tactic? i play serious enough to slam my mouse when i die =D piroet anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

"If you get angry for anyreason while playing a game and because of the game you shouldnt be playing in the first place"

Just keep that in mind and keep it mind that these are just games no matter what is going on.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:55 am 
Expert
Expert

i get angry at tce EVERy single time i die, and frigging rightly so. how dare anyone touch me!

its only natural to get angry at this kinda game, only makes the 11 kill sprees more ridiculously sweeter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:24 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I played v0.49 online for the first time this morning, and I have to say I'm disappointed with the community that I am forced to play with.

Ok, so here we go.....

I got on and played on the Terrorist team. At first I wasn't doing that well cuz I hadn't played TC:E in a LOOONG time, but eventually I got to the point where I was at least as good as most of the team. After I played 3-4 rounds (and accidentally team-killing 1 guy, by total accident), I decided since the entire team was being so un-tactical in their class-selection (EVERYONE was playing as Assault, half with AKs, and half with the modded AK about halfway through the match) that I would implement a little strategy to the mix. I then spawned as Recon-Class with the ASK-74sd (or whatever it's called), and a techkit. Since I was the only one using Recon with a techkit, I was given the bomb every time from then on. The first time I made a sucessful bomb plant, and we won the round, but it was on the second round with the bomb that I got really pissed.
For one, half the team was killed on account of going to the same place they were killed by a nade last round, and getting killed by a nade..... again. :roll: I was basically alone making my way to the bomb site (aside from whoever else was scattered randomly somewhere else). Well I came to a window, saw some guy hiding behind a garbage can down below, and slid out of the way, narrowly missing being shot. I then noticed someone had started a vote to kick me, but it was overwealmed by NOs, so it failed. Someone on the chat asked why, and someone said "Cuz he's a team-killing N00b".... of corse, that one guy from last round just can't leave well enough alone. I reassured him it was an accident and continued on. I eventually reached a spot (beside a fence) where I knew I needed to play it REALLY safe, cuz I (and many others) had been killed quickly many times crossing anywhere near that fence. I then proceeded to get as far away as possible, and crawl the moderate distance past it. As soon as I got to the end of my crawl (as I was getting up), I get a "Evil you are a *i-need-a-broader-vocab* N00b" over the radio. It was the same damn guy as before, so i told him to *i-need-a-broader-vocab* off, and continued on once again. I was moving around through a small safe area on top of some building, and then peeked around the corner. I spotted an enemy a building across with his back turned, and silently took him down (thanx to my SD :P). A split second after that I spotted another enemy running 2 buildings down, and promptly stopped him dead in his tracks. As soon as this happened, I prepared to jump down (I could see the bomb site from there), but before I could, my game froze and I was informed I had just been booted. I simply sighed and said to myself "Damn n00bs", then called it quits. Some people can be so *i-need-a-broader-vocab* stupid. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:23 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
Hey, but it's free!

Quote:
You shouldn't complain because the devs do this for free!

Quote:
Hey, that's part of the game,if you don't like it go play CS!

Quote:
If you're frustrated by the game you shouldn't be playing it!

Quote:
If you don't like it go play AA!

:roll:

I just play something else now. Good luck to you, I don't have the patience. I am only good for like one round nowadays. After that, I gotta get out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:28 am 
Master
Master

Death Touch wrote:

I just play something else now. Good luck to you, I don't have the patience. I am only good for like one round nowadays. After that, I gotta get out.

Sry but did u even hear anything about the word patience and practice, what since you lose a round you stop playing… Uhhh well okay what ever, but if you think you’re gonna get good at shooter games by quitting “good luck”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:53 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I usually keep my finger slightly off the mouse button if I see a teammate in front of me, and only if he takes fire do I go at it.

also, good players know when a TK is an accident, usually being jumpy causes TKs (that''s how I usually TK, I mis with a ndae, or I see a guy run past me, and I'm shaken from a prior firefight.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next