All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:19 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

the wide screen I thought was the best imporovment ,
takes all the distortion out of the FOV.

the movement and weapons switching seem a bit clunky though.

getting hungup in every other doorway is not fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yeah that is an issue, the best solution is to adjust hitbox area from both models and maps.

Post subject: Keeping Both Versions?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:13 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Hello People

For the people who still want both versions (nostalgic purposes). Here is a program (batch files) I made to switch between versions (TC:E 0.48/0.49) easily. Instructions included in readme file.
Tested on WinXP.
You can download from here ---> http://files.filefront.com//;5957245;;/

Respect
Tra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:15 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

its not a good idea to live in the past :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:09 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I switched from .49 - .48 without doing anything and I'm not sure why it works, but I,m gonna stay in .48 for another week till I get a memory upgrade. One problem I have though is my video settings always switch back to 800x600 when I open the game. It's done this before, but now it's alot more noticible. Any way to stop that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:32 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Toe Cutter wrote:
I switched from .49 - .48 without doing anything and I'm not sure why it works, but I,m gonna stay in .48 for another week till I get a memory upgrade. One problem I have though is my video settings always switch back to 800x600 when I open the game. It's done this before, but now it's alot more noticible. Any way to stop that?

in wolfen ET/True combat Elite any res over 1020*768 will switch back to the 800*600 setting next time you load the game.

if you set it over 1020*768 not only will it load the setting but it will lower every other video setting there for making the game look like utter crap.

so......

play in 1020*768 with good video settings, it aint that bad........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:56 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

So far the biggest problems that peeved me are the widescreen and the weapon sway. Widescreen being an annoyance is widely known by now, but I have a thing or two to say about the weapons.

That sway is a tad too dramatic. There is no way a professional soldier or anyone with enough weapons training to shift the aim like that unless he/she has taken severe injury. As of now, the weapon can shift very far away from the original aiming point, and arguably even worse than a sniper rifle.

Devs...that sway has to be damped down. The deviation shouldn't exceed even 20% of what it is right now. The right kind of sway would be imagining the iron sight circle, and swaying the weapon by about that much or less at a time. The sway is supposed to make long-range weapons use difficult (and I mean by the hundreds of feet), but now I'm screwing up even when aiming at targets forty feet away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:22 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

fixception wrote:
So far the biggest problems that peeved me are the widescreen and the weapon sway. Widescreen being an annoyance is widely known by now, but I have a thing or two to say about the weapons.

That sway is a tad too dramatic. There is no way a professional soldier or anyone with enough weapons training to shift the aim like that unless he/she has taken severe injury. As of now, the weapon can shift very far away from the original aiming point, and arguably even worse than a sniper rifle.

Devs...that sway has to be damped down. The deviation shouldn't exceed even 20% of what it is right now. The right kind of sway would be imagining the iron sight circle, and swaying the weapon by about that much or less at a time. The sway is supposed to make long-range weapons use difficult (and I mean by the hundreds of feet), but now I'm screwing up even when aiming at targets forty feet away.

i hope you don't mean the sway i think you mean?
the "sway" im getting out of this, is when looking through the sights, and it moves around? thats realistic, nobody can hold a weapon perfectly still, even with a bipod.
i see no problems with anything in this right now, just learn how to control the sway, real soldiers had to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I dont really notice the sway as much. I play AA, the guns there sway like crazy, you gott aget used to it eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:12 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I feel like I'm playing a different version than the rest of you guys, weapon sway? only with the sniper rifle is there sway.

setup_v049_0922.exe is the newest version right? For some reason the menus come up in wide screen mode, everything is sort of shifted to the right.

I play 1280x960 4:5 ratio, which works fine in the game just the UI is screwed up.

I adjusted the following settings in my .cft profile under tcetest.

r_mode "-1"
seta r_customwidth "1280"
seta r_customheight "960"

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/15/truecombatdy8.jpg

Only 4 servers, figured there would be more for this release version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:14 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, that should work. 4:3 aspect ratio at the expense of having a distorted UI. So far so good, still no word from TT about this or any of the bugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:19 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

seeing as I only tried .49 last night (and cement kept killing me with my own od weapons...) I can only say that I LOVE freeclimb.I was going places you really shouldn't. I took so many people by suprise :P hiding on stacks of crates, climbing on doors.... it's TONS of fun.

the widescreen is a little tricky to get used to, like the sight sway, but in the end, you learn to live with it (I even learned to sopmod snipe again!)

the spawn lag is TREMENDOUS though, I usually have to wait till every one clears at the beginning before I can even get out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:20 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I think the maps look great, the play is a bit odd and will take some getting used to. The widescreen doesn't bother me much other than the urge to go out and get a widescreen monitor.

I think it's a job well done on the client side but you failed again on the server side. There are no new ref commands, admin or even semi admin commands. One huge problem with TC:E is TK'g. It's something I have to deal with more often than I want or ever desire to. So I have to ban players via punkbuster ban and that's not how it should be done. There should be limited admin commands like kick for 5 minutes or ban for 5 minutes. The only way I can allow my clans any admin is by giving them rcon which to me is the single most stupidest thing I can do. But I have no choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:21 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Dangerdog wrote:
I feel like I'm playing a different version than the rest of you guys, weapon sway? only with the sniper rifle is there sway.

setup_v049_0922.exe is the newest version right? For some reason the menus come up in wide screen mode, everything is sort of shifted to the right.

I play 1280x960 4:5 ratio, which works fine in the game just the UI is screwed up.

I adjusted the following settings in my .cft profile under tcetest.

r_mode "-1"
seta r_customwidth "1280"
seta r_customheight "960"

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/15/truecombatdy8.jpg

Only 4 servers, figured there would be more for this release version.

you need to uninstall ET and TC:E then re-install them and only use patch .49
worked for me, took like 5 mins

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:27 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Hmm the only problem I have been having was the hunkmeg crahs with RailHouse and Snow which is unfortunate.

Cementhead has killed me quite a few times but the following round I was untouchable for around 2/3rds of the round. A guy called trillian or something did keep pwning me the round before.

The lag however, occasionall ylag spikes occur on some servers making people warp all over the place.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next