All times are UTC

Post subject: sniper recoil
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:46 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

like i said before, it is kinda weird if the sniper is the only rifle that swings,
and i understand that it would be unfair if the sniper rifle doesnt swing,

wel IMHO the sniper rifle could get rid of the swinging,
and to make evrything as fair as possible, i suggest that the sniper should have extreme high recoil, not only will it balance the fairness and gameplay, but it is also realistic, like i said before sometimes realism can improve the game allot,

a sniper should be the most accurate weopon, but after you shot 1 enemy down with a sniper, you should get an annoying high recoil, so if you see a heap of enemys... you cant just kill them all really fast, but really slow cause of the recoil, cause the recoil is really like exegerated, so after a you shot 1 enemy. you have to search your previous target again, and that takes time, and while you try to get back to his previous target, there will be enough time to trace\kill the sniper for the enemys

this would make evrything more fair than the swinging,
infact, if you add high recoil on the snipers, than i dont see any problem of having bipods for the sniper, cause real snipers in real life use bipods.

its a waste if the devs dont use bipods when the wet-engine allows you to. the only advantage of the bipods should be, is that the recoil is 25% lower when your using the bipod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:00 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

everything should be swing but not that much. The sniper rifle doesnt swing that much but what you see is that it swings alot when you have the scope up because the area you are looking at is magnified and so is the illusion that the swing is much greater.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:18 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
everything should be swing but not that much.

it would demage the gameplay. i do like simulation features, but some things shouldnt be too realistic, simulation features are fine with me, they make the game more realistic, as long that dont demage the gameplay and the entertainment factor,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

actually, swing doesn't really hurt gameplay that much. in CoD, there is mild ironsight sway, and it's very refreshing....

the recoil wouldn't really outwigh no swing. I've known from experience that with the extreme recoil on full zoom in ET, I can easily pull off another shot at the same target ( and hit) very easily.

also, the sway makes for funny moments. I was once sniping a dude, the scope swayed to the right, and I missed my target.

but I hit another dude behind him :O!. it was really odd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:26 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I never use full zoom in ET, I find it easier to pull off moving target headshots at normal zoom or mid lvl zoom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

when I'm sniping it's on a sniper server or picking off mg-ers and FOs in battery at teh beginning, so I usually have stationary targets.

which reminds me...I need to see if the good old DP clan still has thier sniper server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I snipe in the large open maps where you can see medics and panzorno0bs runnig around, also other snipers and fieldops are easy to spot and take out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:56 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

that reminds me of the FO I picked off RIGHT as he called an arty strike on me....

and for TC:E, I use the -[SEF]- sniper server 99% of the time, so I'd know if the sway is hurting anything...

it's very helpful. also helps weed out cheaters (the miraculous shotsover and over....) and the good players (the 3-pixel headshots, but taking 20 mags to do it...*cough*me*cough*)

and more recoil could also be ounteracted by pulling out of the scope, then looking down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Cme on, 3 pixel headshot doesnt mean your a cheater. I o that all the time in WET with the low zoom level shots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:33 am 
High Master
High Master

Sway is going to be added to all weapons. It said so in the news way back.

I bet sniper rifle sway will be reduced since its damage has been nerfed so much.

Am I the only Engineer? Will you guys at least spot mines and throw smoke for me please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:39 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yeah you are the only engi. Covert ops seem to be camping way back, but turns out we are doing alot more than most people think and are actually more skilled since the only way to get 1-hit kill is by headshot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:10 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

kozak6 wrote:
Sway is going to be added to all weapons. It said so in the news way back.

I bet sniper rifle sway will be reduced since its damage has been nerfed so much.

Am I the only Engineer? Will you guys at least spot mines and throw smoke for me please?

*goes FO*

*runs up to the ramp*

*throws airstrike*

pwn'd.

I LOVED doing that. I'd get a good 10 kills per.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:06 am 
High Master
High Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
yeah you are the only engi. Covert ops seem to be camping way back, but turns out we are doing alot more than most people think and are actually more skilled since the only way to get 1-hit kill is by headshot

Heh, that's the other reason I play engie. I love the talent stick. It's beautiful. Especially the M1 Garand.

So...what exactly is it that you CovOps do, anyways?

Every time I look, you guys are busy chilling on the hill, picking off random and unimportant people, and not spotting mines or throwing smoke, and most certainly not letting me upstairs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:49 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Covert ops use disguises to sneak into enemy bases and capture objectives, spot mines, snipe enemy high priority targets like medics and engi, sabotage enemy comm posts, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I remember dropping a satchel by an objective when I was disguised once. the engie broke in and took it out right after....

I'm a swiss army knife, I'll do just about anything (and I'm fairly good with the talent stick, or as I canll it, mini mortars....)

if it was a map like oasis, once we blow the wall, I'm sending TONS of mortars into thier base.

wer in ur base killin ur guys lol.