All times are UTC

Post subject: Possible new cheats
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:04 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Ok i'm dubbing this the superman cheat cause basicaly everytime i come accross them they never seem to DIE.
I dont have any major prof of this beside with i ben though myself.I know there are good players out there i seen and played them but when you empty 3/4 of a clip into someone and the still live to take you and other people out before they DIE seems very strange to me i may not be the best player here but i know that my aim is not that bad and more than half of clip and i die from that with 2 other people behind me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:52 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

It could be lag or it could be admins modifying the code. A cheat couldnt just circumnavigate PB unless you were playing on a non-PB server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:45 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

it was the BadGerbilsever game mode was Body Count that i ran into the most probs with.Most days it's a good server to play on but lately it seem to crash alot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The thing is, that is an issue with BC servers, BC is jsut a lwaless mess of noobishness. FOr the full experience of TCE play on OBJ servers which are 1-life professional mode games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:22 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I play both types BS and OBJT just depends on my mood at that time that server is what i mainly go to for BC games and just seem recently to have this issue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I've seen it a few times, usually it's just momentary lag (I've had days where I've had a 50 ping, then gone up to around 300 for 2-3 secs, then to 50 again) possible from firefights.

and right now, I'm only playing BC for time killing until .49. and because I'm not all that good at OBJ, and I can't get to hone my skills.

I think In all the time I've been playing, I've defused the bomb once, and it was after the guy got out like a bat from hell, and I jumped down, and wasn't noticed...

I might take it up again soon, though...

but, on topic, I've had it from firelag before, sometimes I'll just lose a packet here and there, and once I got my ass saved in a sniper map from it. (shot, should have hit me, I KNEW it was an SR8 round, from the guys history of kills, I lagged, he fired, it went through, I ran like hell)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:35 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I have seen this too. I snuck up on a guy and emptyed a round in him and he turns around and kills me. Also he was away from teh key board and he was still playing so i went up to him and shot as much as i could and he would not die. at first i thought it was a server mess up but then he came back and killed everybody adn never died. I have only seen this once and it was in BC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:20 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well I never stood around long enough to see this, I guess this is what it has come to know. TCE is a mess now. Hopefully the 049 release can fix alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:25 am 
Marksman
Marksman

To tell the truth there are very few hackers. Less than ET.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:36 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well actually, the hacking, exploiting, and palin noobishness in TCE isnt fun. I find ET more fun even though it is pretty common for everyone to get pwned 40 times in 30 mins. ET is fun because the maps dont allow for easy exploits, easy spawnkills, and ridiculous camping. Never have I seen anyone use an exploit in ET or an admin or mappers that make it unfair for the other team. I see that attitude in AA and TCE very often, TCE especially.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:27 am 
Marksman
Marksman

now taht you mention it your right. The thing is with camping in TCE is the winner always shoots first so if you have the better spot you have the addvantage. The health points are different from ET, in ET you have to have skills to kill some one which is unrealalistic because its so high paste which TCE it isnt and you die easier.

PS i wasnt sure how to spell paste so i guessed i had a brain mallfunction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:41 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

No but the thing is most TCE players especially the BC players are turning into CS players. ET players however like their Quaker counter parts and just like the UT players are more care free and play for the fun of it not the scores nor the glory hence are less likely to want to cheat or use exploits. Maybe it would be better in TCE's case if the entire scoring system was trashed and people were never awarded for kills. Instead the entire team is given a accumulative score depending on everyone's perormance. Therefor, even if the team won but it had repetitive accounts of lamer-activity then their team score will be lower - still no induvidual score is given. This problem is only caused by the score it is waht drives people to cheat and exploit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:10 am 
Marksman
Marksman

thats a good point but i think more people would quit playing because you couldnt tell how good they are and then clans would be not sure about people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well, you dont need a number to prove how good you are, just play with the person and you'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:23 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

thats true but its kinda hard when the server has losts of people. What you could also do instead of how many kills do a k/d ratio just dont show the kills and deaths but give the ratio.