Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anti spawncamping method
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I have new suggestion;

Spawncamper kick - the number of votes required for a kick would be determined by your proximity to the Opfor's spawn zone.

The map area around the spawn zone will be divided into smaller zones with different values. The areas closest to the spawn zone itself have the highest values.

If an enemy player spends alot of time or was ever killed in a specific area for a number of times, he will get an spawncamp rating - if it is high, the number of votes needed to kick him/her for spawncamping will be lower.

If they kill anyone within the inner most zone they are given a warning, if they repeat the violation the kick poll is automatically opened and the players can vote to kick without the admin's consent and control.

If possible the vote kick for spawncamping should only be for the team being spawncamped. So the maximum number of votes needed to kick someone for spawncamping will be half the total number of players minus the spawncamp rating accumulated by violator.

--------------------

Shooting into the spawnzone from afar is also counted and if any player kills anyone who is still inside the spawnzone is automatically warned and then set for vote kick.

--------------------

Spawning players also cannot shoot at players and will be warned for kicking because of exploiting the spawncamping rule.
--------------------

Last edited by XenoKiLLer on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:31 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I like the idea. But that doesn't mean they won't hug the spawn zones or the pinches around them.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:49 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Red zones will have a value of 5, Orange zone will have a value of 3, and Yellow zones will have a value of 1. Green zones are the battleground. If ever all flags and objective must be in the area of conflict or the greenzone.

now. e.i. Lets say a player called "@$$H0L3" is a spawncamper - he runs into the specops zones and camps on top of the ledges overseeing the steel wall and crates where the Specops spawn. He waits there and decides to kill someone - if he does he is granted his kill but his spawncamper value now has 3 marks for killing someone in the orange zone plus 1 for shooting from the yellow zone. If the specops team decides to call a spawwkcamper kick - instead of needing a kick vote from every member of the specops team, the total votes required will be the number of players on the specops team minus his spawncamper rating - So if there are 11 players of the team, and his spawncamper rating is 4, the team only needs 7 votes to have him kicked.

---------------------

but if his spawncamper rating went up more than, lets say 20, he will automatically be kick - if he kills anyone within a zone he gets the spawncampr rating from where the target was but not be penalized for being in a zone - yet still get the penalty for killing anyway.

---------------------

if a spawning player were to say camp within a zone and kill someone running outside the zone, that player would get a warning for exploitation of a rule of engagement - if the violation was done again, a vote poll to kick that player will be shown to the attacked team to kick him. (prevents them from hugging the "damned" zone) 8) I though of that aswell as well as with most of the possible points of exploitation even a map that was designed to allow spawncamping and spawnkilling will be affected because you cant shoot out from or into a zone without getting the penalties.

---------------------

And in case of poorly design "Exploit Maps" camping around the pinches of zones will still give a proximity penalty for violating anything within proximity of a zone. Zones also extend througout hallways and passages except that they will have gap when intersecting into a green zone prenting them from using it as an exploit becuse those corners and pinches are not zone in between the greenzone and other zones.

These include area that are used for sniping - these area between the spawnzones and the open green zone are not flagged as zones and therefore can be used for defense or offense camping supposing you only shoot out into a greenzone.

---------------------

Casual spying and observing into an enemy zone is allowed and will not give penalty aslong as no assault on spawning players was commited.

---------------------

Gameplay improvements to expect -

1. no spawn campers (offense camping)
2. no campers within spawn zone (defense camping)
3. action will always be hot outside the spawnzones as everyone if forced to be there.
4. nobody will be running around the spawnarea hoping for a kill because it will only get them kicked.

---------------------

Exceptions to current things;

All objectives must be located outside in the green zones, includes bombsites and flags.

AFK players should also have a kick for "AFK" or "kill and move to spectators for AFK" vote if they havent moved for two rounds.

---------------------

The admins must not have control on the settings for these zones and these kick functions whatsoever as I have seen many exploiting the game with admin controls just to get a cheap kill and 5 secs of fun on their part.

Last edited by XenoKiLLer on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

---- in short conclusion ----

A "Dynamic Spawncamper kick" and a "Spawn zone rule exploitation kick"

-------------------------------

Comments? Devs... pls read this carefully... before the rest of the TCE players who are still decent end up like those @$$3$. (The problem is so great that I had to resort to using the same tactic to get them back)

-------------------------------

Dragon, this could be another solution to the escalating problem you mentioned. I actually havent been playing TCE since recently and have seen how much the situation has worsened for TCE. if this isnt resolved soon we will all be looking at a CS clone where the game is played by players that are exactly the same in everyway.

Kick'em ALL

--------------------------------

BTW any TK done within the zone also shows some degree of intentional TK therefore should warrant some ROE rating that is big

Last edited by XenoKiLLer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Well :)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:27 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I know spawnkilling is a problem(in BC) though that area thing is kinda a great idea, but the best thing'd be to make the maps less inveigling for spawncamping, for, I must confess, I once play BC in a while(when all Obj Servers are full) I do some spawnkilling too, for it's depressing when not doing it
greetz
name

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:17 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

All I can say.. the problem has escalated far beyond spawncampers, corrupt admins, and exploiting mappers. In the TCE.main forums, apparently cheats seem to exist and not be penalized by PB.

----------------------------------------------

Not good for TCE's future... really not good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:47 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I agree with Xeno about spawn camping and possible new cheats that might be out. Something needs to be done with the spawn camping in TC:E. The past few days i have seen more if this comming about. Today was the worst i seen it,I was killed 4 times in a row by the same sniper camping on the spawn.
If RoE zones are not doable then maybye a sever bot enforcer might be used
Example:

1 spawn kill person dies 30sec delay on respawn w/warning
2 spawn kill person dies 1 min delay on respawn w/final warning
3 well your booted from the server no matter what

Same goes for Tking

I use to play a game called Mechwarrior which used a bot for cursing that booted people after so many warnings. Maybe something like this could be used.

For the cheats that seem to be poping up on the severs not sure how their game is modded nor care.But i do know that most games that i have played used a game file checker

exe: weapon reload time ,damage,range files like this that could be altered that were not the same as the server were unable to connect to the sever due to modded files "meaning they tried to cheat but the sever wont let them in due to invalid files or hack in use"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:44 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

simply after repeated offenses make the game unpleasurable to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:35 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Hell ya
Even take away the spectator view giving them a message saying they VIOLATED RoE and how many warnings they have left till being kick from the sever :cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ofcourse.. gettng their attentiopn about what they are doing is not part of the game but athing them doing it is harder. This thread was just my idea of a possible method of limiting how players can play on multi-life modes like BC and CTF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I agree with the bumping up spawn times., it works very well for discouraging spawnkillers/campers.

also, time in that area should be factored in, along with time past the spawning. if you happen to be running through, and you see an enemy that has been there a while (afk, or just passing through) you should get no penalty. also, if the player is in the same spot, but AFK, and has been for, say, 3 spawn cycles, it should be disabled for kills on that player ONLY.

also, bumping up RoE to a slightly longer time is good, and I think this can be set by the server (similar to the post-spawn invincibility timer cvar in ET, if not using the same thing)

also, maybe a CoD-esque teammate system. if there's a teammate in your way, you will stop shooting. however, at long ranges, or with obstacles between, it is disabled.

it's saved my neck alot in SP when I'm covering an officer (say, second mission in UO, when Moody goes out to rescue a dude, or in breacort manor) and he walks into my LOF. I stop shooting, but once he's out of the direct fire, I start up again, and he can be hit my spread.