All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:19 am 
High Master
High Master

I always like the bar on the bottom. :( But yeah, ok, I want CnC RA3 more than CnC3. Red alert was just always so cool. :D Lol, Da Comrade General. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You could always just mod CnC3 its not that hard to mod a CnC game and especially with the SAGE engine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Kane is back!... i know how... after redalert2, when the soviet union was disbanded, former soviet generals who still wanted power were approached by the secret cult known as the brotherhood of Nod, lead by a man called Kane -(who in the end of redalert1, killed Stalin after the attack of Moscow)- The ex-soviets, wit the stolen chronosphere technology they aquired when they captured the whitehouse was taken by the brotherhood along with the genetic mutagens and the cloning technology of Soviet russia. Over the years, russia eventually joined the UN, and nod, with its new technology and military capabilities began a world wide spread of its ideaology. The UN feeling threatened created the UNGDA which eventually became the GDI. Later in the year of the first war, a meteorite containing a highly unstable sustance crashed into the Tiber river in Italy intiating the first tiberium war. In the end of that war Kane embraced with open arms the energy of the ion cannon blast infront of a security camera. Decades later he resurfaces and take control of Nod again, the second war begins... (ironically they think they killed him again) -suspicitions that Cabal (the AI machine controling the Mauntauk subterranean vehicle used by Slavic (a general of the Brotherhoof) is Kane. With the cloning vats aquired from the soviets long ago, and the chronosphere technology stolen from the alliedforces during the second great war - Kane is able to teleport himself in and out of harms way and ressurect himself through clones.

8) The whole story put together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:28 am 
High Master
High Master

I don't remember Kane in RA, I thought it was just Rominav. I don't know though, it's been forever since I played that one, RA2 Yuri's Revenge was definately weird. I was so happy to get rid of him. I figured Kane only followed the Tiberium sun series, and CnC which is the original to Tiberium sun, and then Renegade, the first CnC FPS. Personally, I prefer the Soviet technology over Yuri or the Allies, Soviet's seem to be more practical, launching a nuclear warhead always facinated me more than a storm. Of course RA1 was good for this, almost everything was the same except some technologies between sides. But still, RA2 has got to be the best of them all, I didn't really like Generals, it was like they tried too hard to make it look good and it came out worse, RA2 is a little proportionally issued, but still looks great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:24 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Romanov is an RA2 character, Im talking about RA1, kane is stalin's top adviser. Infact, during the instalation screen of the first RA1, the retail version, you even see kane. RA2 is the best and the most stable in the entire series. RA2 never crashed on me but TS constantly does.

Generals is good but because of it's interface and lack of story line doesnt makeit a true CnC game.

CnC3 will probably be the next best CnC game. It will be using the updated SAGE engine (same as Battle for Middle Earth II). It may use the sidebar again and the original CnC economy management style with harvesters. Lastly, it will be fully story driven and have the good old FMV movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:06 am 
High Master
High Master

OH yeah, it is Stalin isn't it. Still don't remember Kane though, guess I'm going to have to play it now aren't I.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:28 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yes you do, every single one of them starting with RA1, CnC, TS. renegade and ra2 stray off a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:58 am 
High Master
High Master

Got started on RA, I currently do not have a copy of CnC that works, the last one I had was loaned out to a friend and came back with some nasty scratches. I learned yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

too bad, if that was an original retail copy that would be worth alot more now if it was a 11 year old game in mint condition. Problem is, the older CnCgames may need some tweaking to get working on XP properly and the best option is to buy FirstDecade which is a complete compilation of every CnC game in history all in DVD

I am wondering what it is like to play CnC using a tablet. They already do it with the laptop who's screen can be used as a tablet but the hand is covering the view.

Since RTS games is mostly pen pushing (ordering others to do what you want and sitting back in safety scheming like a child) I might aswell make it literal. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:51 am 
High Master
High Master

I have a Windows 98 computer, a linux, and an XP, just incase. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

and let me guess in the next 3 years you will buy another computer and get a Vista system too? My next full upgrade will include a Vista upgrade - thats in the next three years - replacing all the primary hardware (except the videocard if I had already done so earlier)

Yet, CnC3 is accessible enough as planned by EA Pacific (formerly Westwood). So, for most of us there is no worry about spending another $1000 for upgrades, ofcourse if you could it will amke CnC3 look alot sweeter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:58 pm 
High Master
High Master

Why should I worry about updating, PS3 then I'll update my computer. AA3.0 is a year or two off, I don't expect TC:E to update much graphics wise, it would be good though, and Navyfield is a 2d game made to look 3d, so graphics are a minimal. Getting close to my Prinz Eugen. :) I might update for Medal of Honor Airborne. Follows the Army, not the Marines for once, yeah, MOHAA and all it's expansions were Army, but MOHPA was very dissappointing. I want to see a MOH Navy version. Never played a Navy game with that detail, or even from that perspective.

I want to see Navyfield, but 3d, have more detail, and have the option to have like an on-ship view. Where I control all that stuff, and see it in more detail. Thats my ultimate want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

There are other ship sims out there not sure which. Once CnC3 is out AA will be nothing bu the past to me. I might still play it a bit, same with FEAR, but CnC3 is the real deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:21 am 
High Master
High Master

I never really got into any of the CnC multiplayers, just not my kind of hting to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

cnc multiplayer aint bad. especially wheny ou go against the pros and see how long you can last before folding. I can hold my defense for about 2 hours before any pro can break in. 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2