Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:18 am 
High Master
High Master

How about you set up a little part in the forum called Dragon's corner, and let him post his little heart out. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:58 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I wouldn't waste my time doing that. He'd think he would have some importance. :P

I think this thread has lived its life out. Xeno, what do you say we close then move it to Florida?

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

nah leave it, that way he would have no reason to make the same thread again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:28 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

And if he made it, we'd have reason to complain. :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:50 am 
High Master
High Master

Ok, now you just want to whine about him and see if you can get him kicked. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:14 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I can't, so I'll just be quiet. :roll:

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i wouldnt post suggestions if it was against the forum rules, but posting suggestions isnt against the forum rules, therefore i want/can/have the privilege to post suggestions,

and im not delaying the release date by suggesting new stuff,
cause im not someone importent that decides when 0.49 will be released,

TT has to decide that, im just a True Combat fanboy that like to have some cool features added in the game, and im just trying my best to contribute something for all the players and fans so they can play a free game that pawns all the commercial games with all the gameplay features that i suggested, some like my suggestions some spite them, but they should post a better suggestion than the one that i suggested, but all im hearing are bickerings about the release,

coroner said that it will be released in december, now stop whining about that i delay the release by suggesting stuff in the forum, but who am i to delay the release, i have no power to do that, like i said im just a fan-boy hoping that the devs are listening to my comments/critics/and suggestions,

now lets just have fun and stop the fighting,

peace
love
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:19 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

http://www.truecombat.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=797

Post subject: Re: 7 new suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:07 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Dragonathan wrote:
please feel free to post your opinion and thoughts about it.

thanks.

1st idea- how about making it 45 secs as if it is a low-ping server and everyone gets in really quickly they would have to wait very long. although I have had the problem of not getting spawned in time of my connection, I know that you should be ready for any enemies that come in the spawn. if someone is still connecting I sometimes defend the low-pings cause otherwise they would be free kills it would be unfair for them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd idea
no, no, no.
killrates are for making the teams more equal if one team is way too superior than the other one. in leagues/clanwars they are needed to make sure who is the most resultive player of the match. the killrates should be shown IN THE END OF THE ROUND/MATCH or enemies will know how many of you are still alive and can change tactics according it. though you were right about one thing- a lot of people will disagree on that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd idea
good idea, it is really annoying to see someone jumping off a high building and get the 'I just got shot' animation, I instantly hide and guard to see the enemy although the enemy might just be camping in the other side of the map
4th idea
people rarely use them. it will be a lot of work, I want to see the 0.49 before they implement those things. I can't stand waiting much longer as the release date was in May if I remember correctly :shock: unfortunately some problems occured and I hope the devs will finish 0.49 soon as we all love to get news on new versions :)
5th idea
freeclimb will do it. although it will be funny to see womeone acutally climbing a thing that's height is half a metre :lol:
6th idea
oh yeah I hate it. once you throw the smoke and enemy sees it you are doomed. the smoke is only good as a distraction atm. throw one behidn the enemy, he will hear it, turn around and u shoot him. very inpolite but will save you some life if you are badly wounded.
7th idea
the idea is correct BUT I lag too much on rainy maps like village anyway so why more lag?
on snow you are more correct as it has become very annoying to see bubbles coming down and going underground so we couldn't see them :(
the weapons should become snowy in time but the snow should melt near the hot barrel.

also I haven't noticed any wind on the maps?
my ideas:
1st idea: if it is a realism mod, how do we know how long do we have until round ends? we should have some watch on our wrists (in options you could change the hand the watch is on), that tells us how much time do we have. with some button to bring up the wrist and put down the gun and back it would become more relistic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/
2nd idea
what is with the invisible bodies? in almost all shooters when you look down you have the feeling of being a FLOATING HEAD!
now is that really what you call realism?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

I know doing all these things is going to take a lot of time so please put them into 0.50 cause we really want 0.49 to come out soon. pretty pretty please :)

if you have any comments/disagreements, please post on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:02 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

The 7th suggestion is very farfetched because of the engine TT is using, I believe.

As for your suggestions [G]amer, I think they're both stretching the possibilities of the WET engine.

Xeno is more familiar with the engine than I am though, so he would be one to answer to your suggestions.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:28 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Which 7th suggestion? About the snow collecting on the guns and the wind and the feet?

The feet is possible but that would mean serously deformed and pinced third person view of the models. It works this way, the MD3 character models are made up of three parts, a head, a torso, and the legs. When you look around, up and down, the head doesnt turn, instead the torso turns with the gun and head, so when you look down, the torso bends over. Since the camera is positions in the near approximation of the upper torso, the gun looks like it is higher and closer to the head than it is and also explains the reason why you look so close to the ground. Because of that you cant see your legs.

As for snow and wind, wind can only be a sound effect. Wind in other games inst a defining physics factor that affects the entire game. The only instance I have seen wind in a game that affects something is in Sniper Elite wher ebullets are affected by gravity/bulletdrop, and windage. Other than affecting bullet trajectory, thats about it.

Lastly, snow collecting, no game has ever done that especially on Quake based games, but the illusion can be made by an animated displacement texture to resemble snow. So on maps with snow fall, the guns will have an alternate skin with this bump map of snow cover on top of the gun. To create the effect where a gun is moved and the snow is shaken off requires complex coding. Plus, correct me if I am wrong, the barrels of guns are hot when they are firing, it clearly shows that snow will melt on contact on the gun's surface.

Post subject: Re: 7 new suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:29 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Dragonathan wrote:
1.PROPER SPAWN
2.REMOVE SCORES IN OBJ
3.JUMP & FALLS
4.GESTURE CHAT
5.SMALL LEDGES AND DOORSTEP
6.SMOKE NADE
7.IMPROVE SNOW MAPS & RAINY MAPS

1) That timer is per the server admin's discretion.

2) Sure.

3) I think it'd be better if anybody jumping off a high edge would get damage and just paralyze there for a couple seconds. That might be enough of a deterrent.

4) Not bad. I think having them accompany the normal voices would be good. It might be difficult to see though.

5) That's a lot of work.

6) Just cook it. I don't have a problem with that. My problem with smoke grenades is how the plume of smoke accompanies that canister if you detonate it in the air. It looks really ugly.

7) That is very hard to do. As far as I know, the ET engine has never been made for any of this climate stuff, and TT did a great job on it. Plus, making each raindrop a projectile on the player hitboxes would take a great deal of computing power. As of now, I don't think any high-end game has done that before. The ET engine is good, but not THAT high-end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

As I have said, there arent any games out there that use weather to directly affect how the game will work and wether you win or lose. It simply has been a background effect used to bring mood to the environment. If you want rain, go to the tropics, if you want snow, go to Canada.

Suggestions 1 to6 have some point to them, although some are small and arent that significant, they have a good reason. As for number 7, it is just ridiculous and mearly an eye candy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:50 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
As I have said, there arent any games out there that use weather to directly affect how the game will work and wether you win or lose. It simply has been a background effect used to bring mood to the environment. If you want rain, go to the tropics, if you want snow, go to Canada.

Suggestions 1 to6 have some point to them, although some are small and arent that significant, they have a good reason. As for number 7, it is just ridiculous and mearly an eye candy.

Don't say that word... or words... eye candy... it hurts my ears...

It kills my brain cells to even think about the words... for I can here the tiny screams.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:28 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:

and frame-rate killer....

I just did dem_hideout for exploration *cough* thinking of writing a guide*cough* and I averaged 30 FPS INDOORS! outdoors I was lucky if I got up to 30. around 15-20 was my average. more realistic rain/snow would just screw us with lower-end computers (or graphics processors) beyond ability to play, and there's half the community.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next