All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: guid/cdkey?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:27 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

which file is the guid/cdkey? what is it named? Cause when i play clan matches some ppls cant join because they have to many alias. And if u erase that guid/cdkey pb will make a new one so they can play.

/skyfire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You have to uninstall the game and everything else to make PB think you are a new user. PB guids can be view by typing pb_guid (i think havent doen that since my TWL days). The guids are used by PB to track cheaters, hackers, and those in the ban list and in most games these guid bans also detect IP and hardware (HW ban - prevent you from using the same machine).

You cannot erase it, once you have a record with PB it stays on server. All you can to is get a new guild by making a new profile (in games that have free clientside profiles). In games like AA, you need to make a new account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:04 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

XenoKiLLer wrote:
You have to uninstall the game and everything else to make PB think you are a new user. PB guids can be view by typing pb_guid (i think havent doen that since my TWL days). The guids are used by PB to track cheaters, hackers, and those in the ban list and in most games these guid bans also detect IP and hardware (HW ban - prevent you from using the same machine).

You cannot erase it, once you have a record with PB it stays on server. All you can to is get a new guild by making a new profile (in games that have free clientside profiles). In games like AA, you need to make a new account.

ok thx for the information! and for answering so fast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

np.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]