Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject: realistic-objective/upgrades
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ok this thread is about how to make objective more realistic.

there are 3 simple things that should be upgraded/change to make it more realistic and more immersive.

1. DEFUSING THE BOMB.

currently... when you defuse the bomb on obj,
it looks like the virtual model is defusing it with his mind
"like he's some sort of a jedi knight" :roll:
really unrealistic,

and i know how to make it realistic and also very possible to implent,
currently when you defuse the bomb from first person view, you see this:

currently:

well that is unrealistic, like i said... it looks like a jedi knight trying to defuse the bomb with his mind, very unrealistic,
allot of games has this unrealistic issue with bomb defusing,

devs could make it more realistic by having a narrow view of the bomb,
you should only see the bomb and the loader, just like this:

how it sepose to look like:

now the 3rd person view/virtual model should be doing this:

you should see that the 3rd person model is really trying to defuse the bomb with his hands, and afcourse it shouldnt be something like per wire cutting or something, but just a fake hand movements just to give all the players the illusion that the 3rd person model is really defusing the bomb.

------------------------------------------------------

2. WHEN A TERRORIST IS KILLED AND DROPPING THE BOMB

well someone suggested that you should be able to pick up the terrorist's bomb when he drops it,

i find it a good idea, better than just let it lay on the floor and wait untill some other terrorist try to pick it up, and also better than seeing the bomb disappear, real life soldiers/specop would not just leave the bomb, they would pick it up,

well my suggestion that the specops should be able to
just carry the bomb and hide somewhere so you can lure/booby trap the terrorist players that are trying to find them,

and when a specop has the bomb, should it appear in the compass or not, thats for you people to post a personal opinion about it,

---------------------------------------------------------------------

3. WHEN THE TERRORISTS PLANTS A BOMB

well when a terrorist player is planting the bomb, the bomb should automaticly be activated when the terrorist is putting the bomb on the crate, so the terrorist player dont need to see a loader when hes planting, cause modern day terrorists have bombs that they allready activated, but the only thing they have to do is push the button to make the bomb count down, so the loader isnt really necessary, loader is only necessary for defusing, "well what effect will it have when the terrorist dont have to load to activate the bomb?"
wel.. nothing, the only difference is that the pace of the game will be a bit more faster,

p.s. and remove scores so the player wont be playing for there own points but for the hole team, this will increase the team work better,
like i suggested on this thread, http://www.truecombat.us/forums/viewtop ... 61&start=0

------------------------------------------------------

this all will make obj more balanced for both sides, terror and specop,
and it makes it even more realistic & enjoyable.

yes sometimes realism can improve the gameplay allot.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:36 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

You write this post and ..... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

P.S. the countdown of the bomb should be more longer,
so it really can balance the fairness of both teams"terrorist & specop"
but currently the bomb blows way to early, and its not really fair...

Last edited by Dragonathan on Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the thing is, can tehy plant the bomb in the first place? If Specops team would just stop them from doing so, then worrying about teh detonation time doesnt matter. If tangoes were able to put it there then they deserve to win because the specops team didnt do their job quite right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thats the point, specop needs to work harder to succeed the mission,
the only thing terrorist have to do is plant, and thats it... so its not really fair,
terrorist should also work harder to succeed the mission, they should like have better defences to prevent the specop from defusing the bomb...
therefore the bomb countdown should be "2 or 1 and-a-half" minutes longer...
so the terrosits have to set a good defence formation to succeed the mission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:57 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

actually they have to get to the bomb site then secure it long enough to plant the bomb then detonate it. Specops has to prevent them from doing that, and if they were able to, speops has to attempt to attack and recapture the bomb site in time to defuse it. Suppose the tango team was smart enough to guard the bomb and not leave it alone.

Post subject: Re: realistic-objective/upgrades
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:23 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the fairness is just not well balanced, and allot of people think the same way too, if you check out the old threads on the main forum, you'll notice that allot of the threads were stuff about how to get both team "terrorist & specop" well balanced... so i think if the bomb blow after a longer time that it will balance the fairness more...
another solution is to make the defusing time more shorter.

Dragonathan wrote:
2. WHEN A TERRORIST IS KILLED AND DROPPING THE BOMB
well someone suggested that you should be able to pick up the terrorist's bomb when he drops it,

i find it a good idea, better than just let it lay on the floor and wait untill some other terrorist try to pick it up, and also better than seeing the bomb disappear, real life soldiers/specop would not just leave the bomb, they would pick it up,

well my suggestion that the specops should be able to
just carry the bomb and hide somewhere so you can lure/booby trap the terrorist players that are trying to find them,

and when a specop has the bomb, should it appear in the compass or not, thats for you people to post a personal opinion about it,

P.S. another option is, let a specop win when a specop picked up the bomb and bring it in the spawn erea or something,
or.. make specop win when they carried the bomb for 30sec,
i personally dont really know wich one is better...
"many roads lead to rome"
but i like to hear someone's elses idea..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:51 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

its either or.. but sometimes it is also in map design. Making an area have specific bottle necks, vantage points, camping spots, and simply making it esy to defend once the bomb has been planted also contribute to the imbalance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:24 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Examples:

- Railhouse (as long as there are two terrorists, then they're done)
- Ersatz (notorious for giving terrorists mountains of stuff to hide in)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:49 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Those still dont compare to some thirdparty maps that actually let one side win or both sides do spawnkilling. :? WET has alot of good mappers, most of TCE's mappers are just exploiting the map editor to make maps where only they can win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:24 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Dropping the bomb and holding for an amount of time seems kinda good... but prehaps not... do all the terrors run away because the bomb was lost? No...

Having Specops return it to spawn doesn't seem good either... as some spawns are almost on top of A or B... and I'd hate to think I (as a SpecOp) carried the bomb 50% of the way to get shot and have some Terror plant it... off my hard work.

How about if a dropped bomb... could simply be worked on right where it fell to render it useless... I like this idea alot better... and flows along with the theme of dis-arming the bomb.

If the bomb is left in the open, this could make it challenging for the SpecOps. Could be an interesting stand off... for both teams... and it invites more social interaction amongst players to work as a team... to not loose the bomb... or to render it usless before it can be planted.

Also, the bomb should be set to go... just drop it... and go! If I where ever to build a bomb... I wouldn't want to take any more time to activate it on site... I'd just want to place it, press a button... and run!

I think the time given now for the timer is fair... most SpecOps can usually get about 50% or more across the maps, shoot it out with the last guy, and disarm... like I said... most of the time... not always. Remember, the timer should be slightly tained toward the Terrors, as they are only giving time to get clear of the bomb... and defend.

My only bitch about the bomb, is it should have a bigger explosion area... I've seen people nearly ontop of it not get killed when it explodes... that pack should take out alot bigger area...

Okay... I'm done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:34 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it would be more challenging to have the tangoes carry two bombs. TO make it even for both sides, Specops can carry better weapons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:46 pm 
Expert
Expert

XenoKiLLer wrote:
it would be more challenging to have the tangoes carry two bombs. TO make it even for both sides, Specops can carry better weapons.

Thats just completely pointless. Let me explain why:

1. Its not the gun. Its how you use it. If you can't shoot straight then no matter if you have a pea shooter or a machinegun railgun with no recoil then you are still not going to win a firefight.

2. Two bombs? That means one for each site, correct? What if both get planted? How on earth are the specops supposed to diffuse 2 bombs?

No, that would just ruin the game.

I like the idea of if a specop were to drop the bomb carrier, he would try to disable the bomb where it dropped- much like he was diffusing it.

That would deffintaly call for the teams to actualy protect the bomb carrier, rather than all go rambo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:51 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Simple, once one bomb has been planted the seocnd canot be planted unless specops manages to defuse the other one. Ofcourse not evryone has the same opinion so having an option to customize your game as a server admin via a vote is reasonable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:21 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I don't think defusing a dropped bomb is a good idea - if the bomb is in the open, then either the specops have no chance, or they just camp it up until the terrorists get there to pick it up.

If the specops can pick the bomb up, then having two bombs might balance it out. It seems fairly obvious that specops being able to pick the bomb up would be a tremendous advantage to them. I doubt there's anything that could really balance it.