Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject: True Combat Map Directory
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:49 pm 
Master
Master

About the only thing this site lacks is a directory for community made TC Maps. There are several clever ways this could be implemented via PHP to create live links to all known TC:E maps in an attractive format that makes shopping them fast and easy...

Perhaps something that can be updated by Fans similar to the screenshots section that has a standardized format where someone uploads a standardize and sized screenshot, a brief description, and current known links. Fans would then be able to comment or vote/rate the map and update or provide additional download links.

Just a thought...

Δ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:43 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

It's definitely an excellent idea. I personally have heard of several people trying such a project (well not a PHP/CGI dynamically driven site though) but never completed such a project. A central repository of maps, thumbnails and download mirrors is something i think would certainly benefit the community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:42 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Im revivng this thread because it is a good idea and we have an opportunity coming. When .49 is released, all the olde TCE 048 maps will no longer be supported, meaning every other 3rd party map will be new. The chance we got now is that its easier to make this database. We can start of with adding a new forum section for that specifically. A some posting guidlines like there has to be a voting poll and they have to atach vailid direct and indirect links, at least 3 mirrors for the map. with some sizeable screenshots at 800x600 resolution from an external source, and posisibly an overhead view of the map itself. We could jsut use to forums and let the members do the posting, if they are out of format, then the moderators and admins can just edit the post and make everything look neat and tidy. 8) What are your suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:10 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I tried to do such a page for TC (Q3) (there) and I think I'll improve it after my exam.