All times are UTC

Post subject: A suggestion
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:27 am 
High Master
High Master

Ok I wasn't sure where you wanted me to put this so I just stuck it in the maps section, I think a world that is larger and has more a realistic feal to it would be nice, very rarely do you run into an area where everything is placed just perfectly. More of a map you can kind of get into. Actually give you the chance to do some long range sniping, most of the maps on TC:E are urban close range maps, the only way a sniper can really be used is if you get lucky, give the sniper a chance to get down and pop off some shots, then the other team will get mad and start thinking, then it gets good. These small maps where everyone rushes up, throws a nade and gets 5 kills just isn't fun anymore. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:35 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Well, your right and your wrong.

The right is that a larger map would get rid of most of the spawn-killing and add to a challenge of "Find your enemy or be founded (and killed)" which would be great with players that are experienced with the sniper rifles in the game.

The wrong is that a large map with realistic detail would be a larger than normal map, probably over 20MB, which would be a bitch to download from anywhere. Also, it would cause a lot of lag with some computers because of the large amount of area and terrain that would have to be processed virtually by your comptuer video card.

You have a point but because of the game engine that is used, realism is a very limited thing.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Maybe it is about time to increase the system requirements a bit. A large map like that ofcourse will never and should never be set in a city or tight highly urbanized environment. It could be a desert with a small village in the center or two samll villages on opposite sides of the map, ET and TCE's texture tone can handle making that look good. Ofcourse, for a good sniping map, a wide open space measure at least 300mx300m of open space with a few standing structures like a small camp and a few rocks and boulders is the only acceptable large map with this engine and does not affect performance that much. We can run a poll wether people would like to have larger maps at the cost of performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:34 am 
High Master
High Master

I could lose some performance, but if you look at all these maps they look like an urban US city, it's like the terrorists got to the U sand we are trying to hunt them down on our own turf, I would just like to see some maps more like desert and forestry maps, urban maps can be fun, but they do get old when your best weaponry skill is sniping, trying to pop a headshot on a guy that keeps running across an alley way with 3 other ways for him to get you can get frustrating, and yes, the huge maps would get hard to download, don't necesarrely (doubt I spelled that right) make the map bigger, make it more open, put some hills and make it so theres not a building in your way every other ten feet. I typed an essay, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dont you mean TT should focus on making maps that have the architechture of other countries like Italy, Germany, France, Ireland, Russia, and some in the middle-east?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:58 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Well, I get what he's saying. But terrorists can take over US buildings and the Special Forces would be sent in to take care of them.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:19 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The National Guard. if its else where, they send Delta Force. If its rural territories, they'll send Rangers (paratoopers etc.) But obviously TCE doesnt feature US forces but according to TCE's faq, it is actually an international counter terrorist team against former members now calling themselvs the Unit. TCE has that in the fact but not in the game. The tangoes in game seem like a bunch of random people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:29 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

What are the current system req's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:47 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

System reqs for what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:53 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

For TC:E and ET.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

its all listed in the guide found at this and the other TCE official site. but all you need is a recent processor from the past 3 years, and a gpu that supports OpenGl (higher version better). As for ram, 512 is the best, 256 is enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:06 pm 
High Master
High Master

I understand that a terrorist team could get in the US and take us over, but not all the maps should be like that. And yes, the SPECOPS aren't really a military team or a SWAT team, kind of both, but the terrorists oyu are fighting in the game seem like a guy in a ski jacket holding a gun, not to do with anything, just a substantial enemy, maybe make some new orginazation thats trying to take over the world again and the SPECOPS were sent in to take them out, thats a little over the head to be a multiplayer game though, lol. Maybe not do that, too many games with some new orginazation taking over the world, lol. :lol: But to do with the map, add some origin to map, not just some city out there in the world, give the game some kind of astory to it. And with the objective, maybe make it so that not all the objectives are blowing up a crate, add some other objectives like taking out a top man, blowing up the escape car, lol. good sniper mission would be lime get to the tower and
take the leader out, make it kind of co-op, I might be getting into more single player which would raise the reqs way up. Just a suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thats why having story based objectives make more sense. and having these objectives follow a campaign similar to ET will make TCE alot more alive rather than a CS clone. Personally I havent seen a modern military shooter that followed a story campaign with several maps and different objectives like ET has but ET isnt modern. Perhaps start a new thread on enabling the campaign mode and multiple objective modes for the maps, then write up a story to come with the briefing (which would replace the loading screen). 8) new sig, new pc. HOOAH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:50 am 
High Master
High Master

HOOAH! lol. I still need to get mine on. :? lol, I'm saving up for that $4000 Alienware Area 51 computer, got a GeForce 7900 and lots of space, lol, mine is getting crammed. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:21 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Alienware was bought of buy dell, there no way of telling what kind of cheap generic stuff they put in those. its better you just build one yourself.