Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:15 am 
High Master
High Master

I hate the AK-47, thats final for me, I say get rid of it get new weapons, but hey, noobs like it, and it's a lot of shots for them to waist when they reload a full clip, lol. But maybe take the accuracy of it down, lately I have been getting shot by campers sitting on a roof clear across the mpa, with the camper firing in full auto just ripping me up, the true AK-47's are so in accurate you could not hit a bright orange barn with tail lights, and a few reflectors from 10 yards away. (over-exagerated a little) It's acc needs to be taken down a lot, trust me, I would know, I have used several different varients of it. And about the map, yes, making 3rd party mapping dis allowed would be kind of harsh, but if you were to do that, don't be stupid and use just 5 maps, make more, it can be done, if some 20 year old can do it on free time, I'm sure a trained proffesional can do it on free time and work time. But try to keep to the story line idea, I really like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

It would be beter if the Unit had better european weapons rather than the aging 40 year old piece of junk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:06 am 
High Master
High Master

Yeah, get them atleast some AK101's or like 108's, the AK47 is getting close to 50. :lol: And it is still too good. I think the Russians are hackers and upped the specs on it :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:55 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the reason it is used often is because it is cheap. If the tangoes could afford a little more than it, dont you think they would get something better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:26 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

as it is it's already #2 greatest ever weapon. cheap, effective, and steriotypical, gotta love it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

but you cant say it isnt being over used and being steroetyped as terrorist weapons but those who know less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:01 am 
High Master
High Master

So whats the first most greatest weapon? And yes, the tangoes do need better weapons, they got more money, give them different weapons, personally, I chose the AK107 and AK108.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:34 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Couldnt they get some FN weapons? There are alot of those guns that arent even used by most games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I want the FN f2000SD. and a supressed Five-seveN too...

j/k

I'll look up some that would work IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:29 am 
High Master
High Master

I'm gonna name you Bullpup It. And the FN2000 is ok, but it looks too modern for me, the Brits use it in BF2: SF. A Bushmaster M17 would be kind of cool as well, I seem to like those. Probably best Bullpup varient I ahve seen in any weapon, would the French FAMAS Assault Rifle, very nice weapon, yes I just said I liked a French weapon, weird, huh. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:54 am 
Master
Master

Silentcrisis wrote:
Well, your right and your wrong.

The right is that a larger map would get rid of most of the spawn-killing and add to a challenge of "Find your enemy or be founded (and killed)" which would be great with players that are experienced with the sniper rifles in the game.

The wrong is that a large map with realistic detail would be a larger than normal map, probably over 20MB, which would be a bitch to download from anywhere. Also, it would cause a lot of lag with some computers because of the large amount of area and terrain that would have to be processed virtually by your comptuer video card.

You have a point but because of the game engine that is used, realism is a very limited thing.

~Silentcrisis

I dont think it would be that wrong to make a tiny litle bit larger maps. And it doesn’t need to be 20mb maps. Take a look at the old TC, the maps were not much bigger but they had more exits. Just that helped alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The size doesnt matter, diversity does. You see, these 3d maps can be scaled. You simpl make everyone else smaller or make the map bigger by scaling it. Look, a room with with no windows or doors has 6 sides, the walls, the ceiling and the floor, those are flat and only count as 6 faces/polygons. If this room was made larger, it may make the textures tile into something horrible but it doesnt load more textures than what has already been loaded and there are still 6 faces only diffrence is they are larger and that doesnt affect the rendering time. What will make maps cause lag or be too big is by beign too diverse. Diverse meaning that there are lots of useless objects on the ground like ruble, rocks, etc or having a far too detailed or complex map design. Simplest way around this that the modeller/mapper has to optimize the map and leave only what is really importan to the gameplay and atmosphere of the map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:49 am 
High Master
High Master

Actually most TC:E maps are a fairly good size, but since routes are limited, it makes it feel small, I would like to see a map with a tree line, and the rest be desert, rocks, trenches, some bushes, I like that idea, somebody make that since I am mapmaking incapable. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

they are actually good as they are, but I cant say the same for most thirdparty maps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:04 pm 
High Master
High Master

Actually yes, I like the orriginal maps, like that hotel one, and the one with the big building in the center, has the tunnels under it, and the players spawn on opposite sides, can't think of the name :oops: Those are my two favorite maps, they seem to be built well, not really either side gets an advantage, but with most thrid party maps, something is alwasy wrong, always seems like the enemy has an advantage with there sniper positions, I have looked all over some maps, and cannot find good advantages for one team, but a ton for the other. Some map makers just need to spend more time on there maps, and check everything out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next