All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:43 am 
Expert
Expert

Stealth wrote:
...I have ceased to make anymore maps or updates for True Combat: Elite.

I completely agree with your analysis. Time to move on to more opportunistic atmospheres. Keeping to the topic of your maps, have you made any progress for Lumberyard in Cod 4?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:53 am 
Master
Master

Just testing and stuff, you could say I'm in college right now. COD4 college.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:36 pm 
Expert
Expert

Haha. Agreed. I found a button called camera mode in the toolbar that reverted camera controls to the radiant im used to so now its easier for me to map. Created 2 test maps, but failed both times to run it. Today I'm learning wtf i did wrong xD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:43 pm 
Master
Master

Yes it's unfortunate that the camera isn't the same has what I'm used to. I will have to somehow get used to that.

Really? I do not have that button.

Did you install the patch for COD4 radiant?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:54 pm 
Master
Master

Stealth wrote:
Did you install the patch for COD4 radiant?
There is a patch?

Regarding the camera, it takes a bit of adjustment if you're a former Radiant 1.4 or 1.5 user. I always used the right-click to engage the free look mode and then use the arrow keys to locate the segment I'm editing.

In CoD Radiant you can use the Ctrl + Shift + Right Click to engage free look and then move forward/backwards using the mouse wheel and Ctrl + Right click for strafing, this seems to work best for me.

You can shift through three camera modes using the "toggle camera movement mode" icon which is 20th from the left on my toolbar, next to the texture functions.
The 2nd mode lets you go into free look mode with right click only although you still have to use the scrool wheel to move forward/back.
The last mode is just horrible, try it out, you'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:12 pm 
Expert
Expert

Yes, I use mode 2. There is a patch as well, well more correctly 2. 1 of the 2 is for singleplayer and the other is for multiplayer I guess. The patch you want is: cod4mw_modtools_v1.1_update from http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/Ca ... ools;86101

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:19 pm 
Master
Master

Ya this will be a real learning curve for me with the camera.

And I can't find a ET to COD4 map converter anywhere so I'm starting from scratch on Lumberyard.

Most of my decals and common textures do not have a white outline like my shaders are use to having. Is there a problem with this?

For example, the common shader Caulk does not have a white outline. I'm assuming it's not going to function properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:23 pm 
Expert
Expert

Stealth wrote:
Ya this will be a real learning curve for me with the camera.

And I can't find a ET to COD4 map converter anywhere so I'm starting from scratch on Lumberyard.

Most of my decals and common textures do not have a white outline like my shaders are use to having. Is there a problem with this?

For example, the common shader Caulk does not have a white outline. I'm assuming it's not going to function properly.

It does, It shows up as see through in game. (caulk) As far as I've tested I havent found a texture that hasn't worked in game yet. Did you find the button? I'll ask Mr.G how he converted his tce map to cod4. When I know i'll msg again.

UPDATE:

Ok no full instructions on how to do it yet, but you have more know how than I so here is the information I got from Marty and Mr.G.

[MASSA]Marty: all u need is q3map2
[MASSA]Marty:
D:\games\tce-dev\q3map>q3map2.exe -convert -format map -fs_basepath ..\ -game et D:\games\tce-dev\tcetest\pak3\maps\obj_railhouse.bsp
*Mr.G*: thats a string to use in .bat file

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:21 pm 
Master
Master

Does your caulk have a white outline in the texture panel? Also my caulk doesn't show up as see through. Thanks for the conversion method. This would eliminate cod4 radiant as far as mapping. Only used for its entities and stuff like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:08 am 
Expert
Expert

@ Stealth, No caulk has no white box around it in texture selection screen of Radiant. It appears see through once its rendered and testing a map in game.

@Dimstar, http://imagebin.org/227361 regarding camera mode button.