PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:14 pm 
Expert
Expert

Ok, Sthealth, I will be waiting for your next release. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:27 pm 
Expert
Expert

Stealth, Massa doesnt have a problem of putting your maps on our server, but currently massa is dead. No admins around and I have no clue who's managing the massa server lol. The map that is kind of like yours on our server was made by Mr.G and is called obj_tanker i believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:26 pm 
Master
Master

Please refer to the first page of this topic.

Beta 2 Is released!

Stealth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:45 pm 
Expert
Expert

Took a look at B1 looks very very nice. Love the shiny spots and the vast size of the container area. When looking up it really feels like ur surrounded by the containers. Overall its a very good map. Obj wise not sure if it would be a great gameplay map. I know your maps are usually really big in size and obj has a timelimit of gameplay where you need to be in spots fast. Anyone test obj with it yet? I found some areas that I'd clip off myself ( the standing lights in the containers, can climb on them and camp on top. ) The medic packs arent cipped off and can walk into them. ( no biggy but with such a pretty map it needs to be fixed ) mmmm Really nice inside the ships lower part really reminded me of call of duty map.

Personally i find the outside of the map a bit too bright and the dark areas too dark. _minlight ? Maybe darken the ocean to only see to certain point and put spot lights from a high area to light up some areas of the ocean as if to look for overboards. ( just a tip tho ) Wave noise/Ocean noise?

really nice work, reminds me of the cod map alot and should be fun to play on bc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:40 pm 
Master
Master

I really appreciate the kind words and the feedback bro. Um I released beta 2 that fixed most of these things except the medkits clips/ocean wave sounds.

The real reason I released the map without doing all the small things is to get feedback like this first, fix the important things then fix everything in the final. I wish people would play OBJ and give some feedback though.

The size has decreased by 45%. ( Making the action a lot sooner)
There is a _minlight but I didn't want it too dark because there would be a lot of tks.

For some strange reason, spotlights do not work in TCE. I've tried all sorts of targets and switches and it doesn't work. If someone can zip up a map with a spotlight example in it, that would be great. ( At least it will show me what I've been doing wrong)

I went as far as opening up the original GoldRush Map from WolfET and copying the entity. But it still wouldn't work.

Yes, I realize now how ambitious I've been with my maps and I'm atoning for my sins. I plan on releasing a smaller version of oldtowne for TCE. I have a friend who is releasing an HD version of CargoShip. He has access to the new HD beta of Urban Terror. I can't wait to see CargoSihp in HD! (BumpMaps, Specular, ect)

I'm excited about my new project Lumberyard. A while ago I showed it to WingZero and he said he had the same layout in mind and it would be good. So at least someone else likes the layout before it is built.

Once again, thanks for the feedback!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:52 am 
Expert
Expert

Hi Stealth

When the new release will be done, could you put a notice here? I'm waiting for this new version, don't forget warn me. Thank you for your attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:16 am 
Master
Master

Hello,

The new release has been released already. It is Beta 2. Just need some feedback and then I will finalize it.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:49 pm 
Expert
Expert

The new release is running on BOpE now. You could play there and see if the improvements are Ok. Regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:17 pm 
Master
Master

You da man! Thanks will sign on soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:21 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hello Stealth

Hey, you are the man, not me, hehe! It have missing textures on 3 containers in middle of map, and seems that it is the only thing wrong in the map. The lenght of map seems appropriate for good playing now. I think that you could fix it quickly because they are minor errors and easy to correct. See you soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:11 am 
Master
Master

Problem solved. It has been re-uploaded.

Thank you for your patience. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:25 am 
Master
Master

BUMP - Happy to release a close final of CargoShip.

Please see the beginning of this thread.

I had this on my hard drive and thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone likes it.

BTW, I have not stopped mapping.

Waiting on the COD4 release.

Blog has been updated.