Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject: BOT waypoints (for thirdparty maps).
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:33 pm 
Master
Master

well i today tried some bot waypointing and succsessed with em. i tried railhouse. well it seems bots wont understand flags camp,sprint and some other ones. it took me about 1 hour. 15 min reading quide.

ok so now i think im going to make some waypoints for other maps than offical 8) first i try de_dust 2 since its very simple and common map in any game (meaning i have played it thousands of times).

map list:
obj_tm_garage_b2 by varsovie
obj_well not ready
obj_ruins ready soon. terrorists have troubles exciting the spawn

i give author names at some point

just small update ^^

growing

getting stronger

Last edited by RedRuM on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:59 pm 
Expert
Expert

They sprint and camp, camping to the bots is going back and forth between two waypoints, not sitting in one spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:10 pm 
Master
Master

Rang3r1_v2 wrote:
They sprint and camp, camping to the bots is going back and forth between two waypoints, not sitting in one spot.

I saw the runing between two points but not any sprinting or crouching. Tho jump (which they usualy make?) and climb worked.

Would the sitting be made like puting two points on each other and assing other waypoint as "camp" via number (number of earlier waypoint)

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:02 pm 
Expert
Expert

No. You have to set a "flag" 1 to the node. (/wp_setflag 1 or something like that. Consult the guide.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:24 pm 
Master
Master

sxy wrote:
No. You have to set a "flag" 1 to the node. (/wp_setflag 1 or something like that. Consult the guide.)

But im talking about it. I first was confused why bots didnt camp. I made several camp points (like behind the door,in the window, behind very coverage corners and so on)

But as ranger said bots will run between two waypoints seems to be the "camp".I noticed this in the window camp when i made straight line from door to window and bot runed between door and window (window was camp point) and when i made camp point to the railhouse on counter terrorist (lol is it CT ?) spawn behind the object (target on objective game mode) and closest waypoint was near the wall. Bot runed between wall and box.

Also can you/someone explain the logic of the bots ? I made one path come from the door under the bridge on railhouse but i also made several others. Still terrorists went only that way.

EDIT: lol miss understood. Well i meant that theres two waypoint almost at same spot. Lets say other is waypoint 1 and other waypoint 2. So can i like assing waypoint 1 (with numerical value. Not pointing waypoint itself) as camp.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:09 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Does "sv_pure 1" in TC:E allow bots ?

If I good remember - it doesn't.
So please keep it in mind, before You will spend a lot of time on way pointing, because Your work can't be used on official sv_pure 1 server :(

BOTs in TC:E seems more for debug purpose , maybe in coming CQB BOTs will be improved.
From the past I remember that TC:E bots don't support all flags.

[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:51 am 
Expert
Expert

Yes, you can have bots on a pure server, you just can't edit the waypoints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:48 am 
Master
Master

Rang3r1_v2 wrote:
Yes, you can have bots on a pure server, you just can't edit the waypoints.

Interesting. I remember somewhere was a warning that waypoints will be overwrited if sv_pure is 1. (or deleted)

Good to know.

Ps varsovie i want to waypoint your map maybe ^^ waypointing is cool. And im bored to play same old official maps.

/thread. Anyone know good custom map ? I dont find de_dust 2 and i dont know which maps are good to go first. I tried obj_well and obj_old_school_v3. But for some reason none will apear in my map list. Server scripts ehh ?

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:59 am 
Master
Master

varsovie wrote:

BOTs in TC:E seems more for debug purpose , maybe in coming CQB BOTs will be improved.
From the past I remember that TC:E bots don't support all flags.

Coroner said that he have no plans for improving bots. But i would like to see sideways walking and preparing corners (like in tc 1.2 bots walked sideways in 45 dedgree angle crouched to the corner watching for something to pop up behind that corner.) and ofcourse lean. It could be pretty cool to teach bots walking crouched and leaning behind some lower objects such as boxes. Yes the already somewhat do it but it usualy means bots Know theres an enemy. Its their fighting mode where they dont need waypoints to move :P

I mean i want more control to them.

And yes some flags wont work since isnt the bot system originaly from wolfenstein ? I think coroner (and the dude who made and helped with bots for porting them in tce.) slightly modified bots so they understand some new stuff such as sprint. Or maybe they wont work properly.

growing

getting stronger