Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject: TC:E sound mod
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:34 pm 
Master
Master

yes i have been working on a small sound mod which will feature my tuned tce gunsounds, few original true combat sounds and totaly new sounds.

The story: after watching new gameplay video about TC:CQB i wanted to play elite for a while. So i watched nice visuals and stuff thinking "like this... But better" but just after few minutes playing with bots i got *i-need-a-broader-vocab* pissed how every sniper and shotgun sounded the same. So i opened pk3 folders, extracted all gun sounds and though "what should i finetune first" i took ak47 and opened it in audacity. I didnt intend to make them more realistic. Just more unique and better.

Now i have done little finetunes and im pretty satisfied to most of the new sounds.

Heres a list about em:

Ak47: is more agressive and wooden
than m4. Done. Uses aksu74 modified sound.

M4/M16: slight intend to realism. This is also intended to be empty feeling sound. Pretty much bass and lower pitch. Done

Mp5: not done yet. *Only small change

Mp5 sd: not done yet. *More louder (not meaning it will be as loud as other smgs)

Ump45: little sharper and louder. Will be modified more.

Aks 74u: done. Exchanged to ak47's old modified sound. Fast and loud.

Aks 74u sd: not going to be changed

Mac10: not done yet. *louder and shots easier to separate on audiovisual stage.

Mac10 sd: not sure about it.

Mosenberg 500: not done yet. *nimble and sharp sound. Like a firecracker.

Sig552: not done yet. *Louder and less plastic-like punching sound. More softer.

M3s90: ported/taken from true combat 1.2. Unmodified

Spas12: not done yet. *Somewhere between mosenberg and benelli. Maybe total replace

M4 sopmod: maybe unmodified

Ak74 specnaz: maybe unmodified

Psg1: done almost totaly. slight intend to realism. Soft and loud sound. Basicly bass boost, amplifying and slight echo.

Blaser 93: done. And im pretty sure this will be final. Little finetune done.

M76: going to be ported/taken.

Sr8: didnt saw any dedicated folder for this one. We will see.

Both Spr's: not going to be changed obviously. I think about it.

Beretta: whole new sound. Best one so far. Nimble and enough loud.
Extra note... Seems like my computer eated the sound since i dont find it anywhere from my au_temp folder.

Deagle: slightly weird at the moment. Will be changed as psg1 sound if i take psg1 sounds of. Going to have ported/taken sounds from true combat 1.2 then

Glock17 (it is right? Lol): very nimble. Maybe first one im going to incluede my own sounds as part of the main sound.

So i dont yet have it done (lol i did all what i have already in 30 minutes) but im very positive to get it done tomorrow. Im going to upload it on my moddb profile and add link to my sig.

First of all i dont know how to excatly make it working with tce. So i would aprechiate help on that one. Second thing is that i might record my airsoft rifles. First my louder and littlebit "ironed" and "tuned" rifle is giving the sound for sr8 and blaser 93 (asuming both use same sound file) and my normal rifle will give sound for psg1 due to fact its sound is pretty soft.

*= means what im planing

growing

getting stronger

Last edited by RedRuM on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 am 
Master
Master

i made some info at moddb :D

messy and i didnt know how to submit one, also you can add some stuff there such as 3rd party content

http://www.moddb.com/mods/truecombatelite-modifications

growing

getting stronger