TrueCombat
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/

obj_fracture
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2070
Page 1 of 1

Author:  *Mr.G* [ Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:08 pm ]
Post subject:  obj_fracture

We bring you yet another blast from the past.

Map name: Fracture. (obj_fracture.pk3)
Filesize: 7.0Mb.
Gametypes: obj, bc, ctf.
Players: 1-36.
Author: The Resurrection Crew.
Download v1: Here.
Download v2: Here.

Screenshots:
ss01
ss02
ss03
ss04
ss05
ss06
ss07
ss08
ss09
ss10

Info:
Fracture (tc_fracture) was originaly made for the,
True Combat mod for Quake III Team Arena by Team Terminator.
So the basic design credit should go to them for creating such awsome map.

What we did was convert, rescale, retexture and adapt it, for use
on True Combat: Elite (v0.49) mod for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

Enjoy! ;)


Changes in v2:
- Blocked roof access from windows in factory.
- Added glass sound to various windows.
- Removed wood sound from a wall texture.
- Put some stuff in 'the secret room'.

Author:  gonzo|Uncle Bionic [ Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

I would love to see "The Resurrection Crew"-server.
With only all the old maps.
:D

Author:  Diane [ Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thank you Resurrection Crew! This map was one of my favourites in Q3TC and looking at the pictures brings back memories :D

Bio = YES!

Author:  Baal [ Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:09 am ]
Post subject: 

lol G! I had no idea it was a remake when I looked at it the other day. This map is cool! :)

Author:  WingZero [ Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:26 am ]
Post subject: 

yes on [SeF] OBJ Server - 8.9.9.53:27960

Author:  SnaKeS3K [ Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:07 am ]
Post subject: 

really nice map. did some quick testing and here are a few minor "bugs" i came across(pics included):
1. some windows dont have the "glass" hitsound 1 2 3 or no sound at all(terror spawn)

2. this wall has the "wooden" hitsound (not sure if it was intended)

3. you can get on the factory roof by this window (shouldnt be possible imo)

Author:  Diane [ Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:17 am ]
Post subject: 

SnaKeS3K wrote:
=3. you can get on the factory roof by this window (shouldnt be possible imo)


That was a "bug" in TC too - and was pretty annoying - so it would be nice if that was fixed for TCE.

Author:  *Mr.G* [ Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

gonzo|Uncle Bionic wrote:
I would love to see "The Resurrection Crew"-server.
With only all the old maps.
:D

According to Scouser, this will be a reality in the near future. :)

Diane wrote:
Thank you Resurrection Crew! This map was one of my favourites in Q3TC and looking at the pictures brings back memories :D

Your very welcome. Happy to hear that, just hope its good memories :D

Baal wrote:
I had no idea it was a remake when I looked at it the other day

Really? im fairly sure we told you tho :wink:

WingZero wrote:
yes on [SeF] OBJ Server - 8.9.9.53:27960

Very happy to hear, that you (for now) found it worthy, thx. :!:

SnaKeS3K wrote:
1. some windows dont have the "glass" hitsound 1 2 3 or no sound at all(terror spawn)

I knew those windows did not have glass sound or sound at all, but due to their location, i didnt found it would be importent to add.

SnaKeS3K wrote:
2. this wall has the "wooden" hitsound (not sure if it was intended)

It is not really intented, its just how the texture shader is by default, but i dont think it hurts gameplay with the places this texture is.

SnaKeS3K wrote:
3. you can get on the factory roof by this window (shouldnt be possible imo)

I knew it was possible to get up and out through that window in spectator mode (no big deal imo), but no one has been able to climb it during any of my tests, so i thought it was impossible actually (some testers huh? :roll: ).

But i can easily fix these things and make a new version, if you think its all that importent?
ah hell, i'll just do it anyway :D

Author:  WingZero [ Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

*Mr.G* wrote:
But i can easily fix these things and make a new version, if you think its all that importent?
ah hell, i'll just do it anyway :D


You are one of the best map makers ever. No complaints, takes criticism nicely, ah hell I'll just do it anyway <-- great attitude

+5

Author:  SnaKeS3K [ Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

well the minor bugs(sound) dont necessarily need to be fixed, the roof access on the other hand should be :)

*Mr.G* wrote:
I knew it was possible to get up and out through that window in spectator mode (no big deal imo), but no one has been able to climb it during any of my tests, so i thought it was impossible actually (some testers huh? ).

feel free to ask me for some testing of your maps if you want ;)

and ye criticism is always good, shows that theres some interest in the map, and well no one is perfect so its perfectly normal to overlook some things. in the end we all profit from criticism^^

Author:  *Mr.G* [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

Made a new version (v2). :D

See first post for download link and changes.

Ps: thanks for moving a potential flamewar elsewhere. :wink:

Author:  WingZero [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

:twisted: Your welcome - Respect to one of the best map makers in TCE!

Author:  HoboCoP [ Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

YES FRACTURE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk7Qly_1RL4#t=1m42s

Author:  Damien [ Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

The lighting could use some tweaking. Right now it seems like you've used a high ambient light value + skybox emitter. This looks ok on places where you can see cast shadows but other areas look washed out.

An example.

The other thing I'd like to see is some more detailing/cover for the player but this might go against the map's original idea.

Good job.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/