All times are UTC

Post subject: upload bay...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:28 pm 
Master
Master

can you think about upload area for skin / weapons / sound / other custom packs.

the idea is to host it at one spot, and official site seems to be right place for it. now those paks are spread around the world and as we all know some sites just disapear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:28 pm 
Master
Master

imo its not really needed, people can easily get it from the server and there are simply too many packs with actually the same stuff in it just omdified a bit ...

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:53 pm 
Master
Master

for modelers / skinners(s) to upload their work ... why have map bay then there are so many gear modifications and bugfixes for them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I would have to agree with Snake.

While support for our custom content creators is important, I think at the present time it's just not feasible and practical to create something like this on the website. A lot of the custom packs can be readily and easily downloaded from the server - and I don't think there is such a great demand for a separate resource for it at the moment.

However, anyone releasing any models/skins are encouraged to post their work here on the forums - and as always - if they want added exposure I would be glad to update any release on the main news page if asked.

On a side note...

$omator wrote:
why have map bay then there are so many gear modifications and bugfixes for them

Considering you are the Saviour, I would have assumed you would have been backing our mappers - rather then pointing out having a Depot for them to showcase their work is pointless. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:04 pm 
Master
Master

where will bruce or liquid put their weapons if they will decide to release them? at forums third party development? mhmm they deserve better treatment :P
hehe joking

my idea was that if youve decided to host map pk3s why not gather rest off custom pk3 to have them at one safe place

the magic word is BACKUP. we all know what happend to old forums and its content. same thing might happend, even accidently, with those pk3 witch ares spread all around the internet.

if you still think that it is bad idea to add something like category to your bay upload center fine with me. ive tryed =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:03 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

$omator wrote:
where will bruce or liquid put their weapons if they will decide to release them? at forums third party development? mhmm they deserve better treatment :P

If this ever happens, I'm sure the hype and word of mouth would be more than enough to ensure that everyone will know about it/download it ;)

$omator wrote:
the magic word is BACKUP. we all know what happend to old forums and its content. same thing might happend, even accidently, with those pk3 witch ares spread all around the internet.

Unlike the other forum, this one is backed up regularly - so any custom content creators can be rest assured their links/posts won't get lost.

$omator wrote:
if you still think that it is bad idea to add something like category to your bay upload center fine with me. ive tryed =)

I don't think it's a bad idea - I just said it was impractical at the moment. Also, the way the Map Depot is set up is to accept only valid maps - and making an addition to accept other formats (while still protecting the security of the site) is too grand of a task for the lack of demand.

Maybe in the future - who knows?

Last edited by Diane on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:05 pm 
Master
Master

$omator ask not what TCE can do for u ask what u can do for TCE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:07 pm 
Master
Master

bahmout2 and cityheat to begin with =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:46 pm 
Master
Master

Quote:
bahmout2 and cityheat to begin with =)

Thats great.

The point I would make is Map Depot has just been finished, im guessing a hell of a lot of work went in to it.

And maby it would be nice to give it and its creators some time and space to enjoy what thay have done for the community.

And it might be nice if you took the time to say thanks here, concridering your making maps for us to enjoy. :D
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=24082#24082

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:06 pm 
Master
Master

ED SOLO wrote:
The point I would make is Map Depot has just been finished, im guessing a hell of a lot of work went in to it.

the point of my post is ive had a sugestion witch may be considered as to do in the future witch is cool because i think its a must be on site.

ED SOLO wrote:
And maby it would be nice to give it and its creators some time and space to enjoy what thay have done for the community.

lol and youre calling me saviour =)

ED SOLO wrote:
And it might be nice if you took the time to say thanks here, concridering your making maps for us to enjoy. :D [...]

to be honest, i think it is too few and too late =)
but i hope theyve got unreleased projects close to finish witch they will suprise us in near future

lock?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:25 pm 
Master
Master

Well u quoted the hell out of me there.

I still think your time would be better off spent saying TY to the pepole who are helping u :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:06 pm 
Master
Master

you could spend your time better then telling me where and what should i post :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:28 pm 
Master
Master

Quote:
you could spend your time better then telling me where and what should i post

Your right. my time could be better spent. BuuuuuuuuT u seem to be having a small problem with your posts l8ty.

Feel free to PM me and I will happy to illuminate you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:38 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

$omator wrote:
ED SOLO wrote:

lol and youre calling me saviour =)

He isn't trying to be a Saviour. I believe Ed was just remarking that although you proclaim to love this game and do what you can do to help - that you are very uninterested in any progress that doesn't directly involve you somehow AND that perhaps you should be happy there is progress and wait before you demand some more stuff.

We all love this game and don't want it to die. We are a community. No single handed heroes (saviours) allowed :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:41 pm 
Master
Master

wrong. i am more than happy that youve added this new feature but that aint much rly imho to be honest :) (maybe i expect too much) and am more than happy that finaly i see some light in the end of our love tunnel =)