Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:25 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
To point out to you, most NorthAmerican games do not go for the excessively violent with exception to a few games such as Condemend which have actually been banned because of being too violent.

TCe isnt a "northAmerican" game,

hoboCop wrote:
since its an M rated game i was thinking at the end of the round the 4 people with the highest AA get to play a minigame involving brutally raping dragonathan with a rusty pole. pretty cool huh

that would be childish, sounds like some sort of *I need a large hot beef injection ♡* nintendo gimmick,
please dont share your *I need a large hot beef injection ♡* sexual idea's with the community,

but heres an idea, why dont we use all different weopons to wound hobocop so we can use his wounds as textures for the model's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:28 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

WET is an american game. Build anything on it, the mods on it are still technically WET. The only way TCE would be a game of its own it that it make itself standalone. Now we do know the discussion on that topic dont we.

The thing is, M rated is basically strong language, plenty of violence, blood and gore, minor sexual theme, minor drug use - Never did they say realistic blood and gore. -As there are several degrees of every kind of rateable content such as animated blood and gore versus normal blood and gore and realistic- Also applies to languages between curde humor to mild to strong. etc.

Any game the depicts excessive gore isnt illegal, and i never said it was but it will draw controversy to the game's company and the mod team maybe it be media or political. Simply that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:12 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
WET is an american game. Build anything on it, the mods on it are still technically WET. The only way TCE would be a game of its own it that it make itself standalone. Now we do know the discussion on that topic dont we.

WET engine is not a game, its a game engine that ET is running on, but TCe isnt an american game. ET isnt an american game either, its supoorted by ID and SplashDemage, both companies arent fully americans,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:24 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Listen up, there is no such thing as the WET engine. WET is Enemy Territoy, a game. WET runs on the Quake 3 Team Arena Engine licensed only to be used with WET not a GPL license which allows for engine mods.

TCE is a mod that modifies WET not the engine. It doenst matter wether or not the company isnt fully American, what matters is where they were made. idSoftware is US based, Splash Damage is british, the Wolfenstein series is owned by id, and is therefore US, the Quake serioes of engines is owned by id, and is therefore US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:26 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

TCe isnt established by an american, therefor its not an american,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:04 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:

What he's saying is it is based upon an engine that was built in America, so it has to be rated as such.
If it's not American based then why is it rated by the ESRB (the American Game-Rating board) instead of the PEGI or Pan European Games Information (The European Game-Rating board)? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:24 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragonathan wrote:

<sarcasm> it's a game! it can't immigrate!</sargasm>

the engine used (Q3, the non GPL version, modified for RTCW) can NOT under ANY SIRCUMSTANCES be changed. the ONLY possible way that it would be is if they changed the RTCW/ET engine to GPL, but that would require a bunch of legal junk, and, hell, the original W:3D isn't GPL yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
What he's saying is it is based upon an engine that was built in America, so it has to be rated as such.
If it's not American based then why is it rated by the ESRB (the American Game-Rating board) instead of the PEGI or Pan European Games Information (The European Game-Rating board)? :?

and what i mean is the style of the game design/concept,
and btw there are plenty of american games that has some realistic gruesome effects too, nothing wrong with it, and about controversy issue, well there will be no controversy because TCe isnt a commercial game, it is not sold in retails and such,
trust me, there will be no problems, thats one of the advantages for non-commercial games, it doesnt get much publicity, so the developers of the game can avoid allot of troubles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I think arguing any further is futile. I highly doubt the devs are reading this thread any more.