Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject: Where to go from here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 am 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

... is the question I guess.

I hope maps will come in to do a four map beta.

Otherwise I have slowed down sprint and have disabled the gun on prone transition and during prone movement. I wasn't happy with disabling it during crouch transition.

Discuss and share your thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:40 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I wish i could help with models or maps but i just dont have the time to commit right now. Did somebody already convert textures?

I was working on it but i heard somebody already did it so i stopped, I can work on a python script to convert them if thats still needed...

I did get to a point where you could export a tce map that was textured to cod radiant and have all the textures right..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:07 pm 
Master
Master

Movement was definitely still too quick, sprint wise. Also, ironsighted movement feels a little too quick. Toggle aim + high sens means I wouldn't have to 'un aim' ever.

I like being able to move and lean, but would like to see the movement speed on that increased some, closer to TC:E. Also about lean, is it possible to rotate the camera like in TC:E? The side style peaking on CoD is weird and makes it feel like you're sticking some of you body around the corner, instead of your head. I guess that's cosmetic stuff.

When Depth of Field is enabled, sometimes looking at objects that are blurred will cause the Gun model to also stay "blurred."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:57 pm 
Master
Master

I completely agree with Baal on the lean. Needs to be exactly like TCE.

Game needs to be a LOT SLOWER please. It kind of reminds me of Urban Terror right now and that is a complete turn off. I know it's an alpha. Just giving some future feedback.

I love realistic shooters. That is why I have followed True Combat for so long.

I am devoting what time I have to 3 maps. I will do my best to get them done in a timely manor.

Lastly, gun disabled on prone? Does that mean we can not shoot in the prone position? Sort of unrealistic huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:57 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Stealth wrote:
Lastly, gun disabled on prone? Does that mean we can not shoot in the prone position? Sort of unrealistic huh?

No i think he said while in transition to crouch or prone so no more dolphin dives..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:53 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I know the speed needs to be reduced and that the current speed is similar to TC 0.45, But I think TCE speed is a little too slow. Maybe something in between might be good average.

I agree with everyone about the lean. Also, will a firemode be something that will be included to include burst and what not?

I think the addition of two more maps is great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 am 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

I want to add that Cod4 scripting doesn't allow many of the suggestions and changes that I also would like.
At the moment I have no idea how, and I doubt that, lean, movement speed except for sprinting, fire modes, etc. can be changed at all.
Also, all stuff related to mantling, depth of field, and other stuff mentioned or discovered as bugs is out of reach.

I think Damien had a nice list of suggestions in the bug thread, which I would completely agree to. Maybe he can post it here, too. It would include:

*Disable dolphin dive (done)
*Slow down sprint speed (done, 12,5%)
*Disable gun during jumping (remove corner jump/spray)
*Balance snipers
*Get TC textures and sounds/soundscapes in game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:54 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

coroner wrote:
Also, all stuff related to mantling, depth of field, and other stuff mentioned or discovered as bugs is out of reach.

Isn't there a mantle on/over brush you could add in to the locations like that? I'm pretty sure ive seen it before i just dont have modtools installed right now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:10 pm 
Master
Master

Ok (expanded):

* HC mode always on or making damage similar to TC's (realistic)
* Removing COD's hit markers
* Removing COD's in-game music
* Adding TC's radio chatter (would be nice in combination with COD's automatic responses - enemy down, etc.)
* Using player models like TC:E did, urban specops/mercenaries only
* Using TC textures (maybe remade from higher quality sources?)
* Using TC's models (again, remade, physics affected)
* Find a use for COD's nightvision

Marty wrote:
Isn't there a mantle on/over brush you could add in to the locations like that? I'm pretty sure ive seen it before i just dont have modtools installed right now...
Yes, but he's talking about the bugs concerning the mantle brush.
I think in this specific case - concrete barrier, the bug is caused by sloped brushes and could probably be fixed by either adding clip brushes or expanding the mantle brush.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:32 pm 
Master
Master

Damien wrote:

I agree, never again will players complain the map is to dark!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:12 pm 
Master
Master

Dim$tar wrote:
Damien wrote:

I agree, never again will players complain the map is to dark!!

Dim try zombie mod u will see what is rly dark :D u won't see shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:42 pm 
Master
Master

TCE/CQB had one of the best sniper mechanics I've tried in a game. Although you could perform one shot kills, making the shots wasn't that easy.
This made playing well as a sniper feel rewarding.
Also, the natural weapon sway affected by breathing was done really well.

So, here are some sniping ideas:

* TCE/CQB like weapon sway
* sniping and holding breath silences the environment sounds and plays the breathing sound (no cheesy heartbeat, though)
* the amount of sway and breathing speed are connected and affected by stamina
* the duration of holding breath lowers the stamina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 pm 
Master
Master

I agree with all of this.

Also, don't know if this is already in HC mode, but bomb timer shows up when hitting the scoreboard. Like to see that removed, although competitively I wouldn't mind having that 'available.'

Post subject: Re: Where to go from here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:57 pm 
Master
Master

Let's talk about the 0.221 patch.

The movement feels great now, I'd say the speed is just about right.
I'd reduce the time of the firing penalty when changing from/to prone position. At the moment it seems just a bit too long, there is a feeling that you should be able to fire after a moment but you still can't. I'd reduce the penalty to 1.5 seconds.

The second thing I'd like to discuss are the perks. They seem really unbalanced. So, they are:

Weapon perks: weapon mod, high grade ammo and extended magazines
Ability perks: silent movement, one knife kill and better hip-shot accuracy
Armour perks: Light armour (+speed), heavy armour (+health) and regular (+grenade)

The thing is, with weapon perks, mods aren't really needed, extended magazines either. In most cases, you'll want more power to take down the enemy so high grade ammo will be used in most cases since it's the single perk which makes the most difference.
That being said, since the two teams are a prepared task force and mercenaries, high grade ammo is what they'd both be using, really.

It's the same with ability perks, hip-fire isn't that needed - this is TC, after all, and the same goes for knife kills which leaves us with most players choosing silent movement which is really the most useful for one-life objectives, the 2nd two are just too risky to be used.

Also, when talking about silent movement speciality, it is just unrealistic. Sure, you could try and move quietly on some surfaces but you'd expect all sorts of noise from wooden steps/boards, tin containers and so on but they're still muffled by the perk.
When mentioning movement sounds, I'd also like to point out that they are awful quiet when aiming down the sights or crouching (CoD4 setting). Lowering the sound by a few % makes sense but not muting them. Again, TC:E .49b and CQB did this perfectly. :)

The same principle goes for armour perks. Better sprinting and a single grenade just can't compete with a longer health bar.

The way it could be tweaked is removing the mentioning of the perks or abilities and implementing them in classes themselves. For an example, a recon sort of class is automatically equipped with lighter armour and weapon but move faster and get a special grenade (or two) in return. This would also remove the amount of clicks necessary to start a game. Sometimes you can even miss the first round because you were still tweaking your class.

One thing I did not mention yet is the health regenerating system.
Sometimes I get in a situation when I deserve to die but manage to slip behind a corner in the last moment, regenerate my health and then kill my attacker with the knowledge of his position. This system seems unfair in an realistic game.

Maybe there could be some sort of penalty like the blurring of the screen, increased glow and a high pitch sound when receiving a lot of damage which fade out in a course of a few seconds but without the health regenerating.

As for BC, I always liked the idea of getting painkillers from fallen enemies, since it is a multi-life game mode, a few health points seem like a little reward for playing better.

Sorry about the wall-of-text. :D

Post subject: Re: Where to go from here
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:49 pm 
Master
Master

Pretty much on point there.

Movement is MUCH better! The engine runs super fast for me so turning speed will always feel quick. Ironsighted walk speed is good when carrying the Assault weapons or primary, but secondary weapons still feel too fast. Maybe reduce it by half as much as the primary walk speed, just a bit faster but not totally.

I don't like the perks and other things. The specialized classes works for me. I'd rather see everyone on the same playing level. Don't want any one thing being too over powered.