Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: The Call of Duty :P
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:25 pm 
Expert
Expert

I think this is the chance that the guys who lived asking the CQB was released to the community for having a survival that had put their hands dirty (in fact help). If there is a time for the community to resurface, this is the moment. If you know someone who has played the TCE / CQB and wished at some point help to develop or do something based on the game, it's time to recruit for this task. Leave your comment or suggestion here, what you think and want about to participate in the development of CQB. Someone needs to start... (sorry for mistakes on my english)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:11 pm 
Master
Master

Why don't u team with Coroner ?
Also i think FPS shooter time is over. Zombies survival open world is currently most popular DayZ (mod for Arma II) most expected is upcomming The War Z
check their forum http://thewarz.com/ for many pic and dev FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:26 pm 
High Master
High Master

Well, the funny thing is that if the community helps coroner, he wont do anything back.
So who cares?
TC dimmod is already thousand times better than CQB ever was.
Play TC:E or dimmod, and forget this nonsense.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:22 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

gonzo|Uncle Bionic wrote:
Well, the funny thing is that if the community helps coroner, he wont do anything back.
So who cares?
TC dimmod is already thousand times better than CQB ever was.
Play TC:E or dimmod, and forget this nonsense.

Dude, I respect your opinion - but don't you think that sharing it here will do nothing but damper a potentially positive action?

Now this is to everyone: I understand a lot of people are frustrated with the on again/off again (and off again) series of development events - but you have to remember... no one has ever been "entitled" to this game. No one has taken money from their own pockets in order to play it. No one has taken up a second mortgage on their home in order to purchase stock in this game... and so on... lol

So I would seriously suggest only constructive (doesn't have to be overly positive - but CONSTRUCTIVE) posts be posted about it. We can voice the negative nancy comments to each other on xfire - or somewhere else off this forum.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:28 pm 
Master
Master

And we (community) only ask you for TC:E 0.50 (any maybe source code)
Is there any chance to put whole old dev team together TeamTerminator and GrooveSix Studios and there are probably are still forum members would like to develop new/improve game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:50 pm 
Expert
Expert

luka wrote:
Why don't u team with Coroner ?

Well, I think that my programing Knowledge isn't usefull to this task (it is about zero). I only want that, if exist somebody that wishes to help ends the work on the CQB, takes the initiative to join to help. Furthermore, Diane is right in respect to the objectives of this post. It is about helping to end a non-finished job, that in my opinion (in opposition to your), already showed that can promise interesting things. And, before you say "I am tired of promises", I want to say "life is made by promises and realizations", so I think that CQB still may be the realization of good ideas about fps. I heard during much time claim of people to open the development to community. Well, although is a little window opened still, it finally happened. It depends only of initiative, of people that can and wish to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:00 pm 
Expert
Expert

My final thoughts on this situation:

Current Shape of Community

There are currently 2 types of community in Tc:e. The first are the players who enjoy this game for what it is: competitive, fun, serious, and still the best fps shooter on the net right now. This part of the community has gone out and played the latest fps games like bf3, mw3, etc and saw that they dont come close to the competitiveness Tc:e has. Graphics wise not great, but good enough. Performance wise, could be improved, but every game has issues. The second part of the community are the players who really dont give a (excuse my language) shit about this game. They literally say, "its only a game." Their understanding of this statement lets them do whatever the hell they want because they have friends who will back them up. I'm referring to scripting, cheating/hacking. So unfortunately you have a massive split amongst clean players mixed with the idiots fighting amongst each other.

Now knowing this fact about the community:

I really dont know who is left that has the know how to continue this game with the community it has. I've quit mapping due to the fact that the community never appreciates any work done for it. (also thinking of coroners work not being appreciated as much as it should have) If there are people left it would have to be the people who were working with Affine on his project. If their out there I hope they read this.

To make CQB work: My Opinion

I dont know much about the coding situation with the etengine that coroner wants to do, but what I do know is that it will NOT work if CQB has the ability to create scripts and availability of cvar tweaks. (graphical) The lack of punkbuster support for this game causes a major issue as well, but currently scripting is the biggest issue that the broken community still gaming has. Essentially you cannot stop scripting with macro's being available, but for some people its the peace of mind that its not incorporated into the game is what calms their nerves. Personally I would love to see a newly revamped version come out, but the thing has to be done correctly and not half assed with loopholes for the future community to whine about. (no offense, just fact)

Anyways if this sets off in the right direction and it will not be a teaser again.... then im around to help with mapping. CQB doesnt need that much more work. Unlock objective fix the movement/jumping and it could launch a decent beta within a month or two. This would ensure the Tc:e community to breathe for a little longer till a new dev team can be formed properly.

No formal development team = no future for this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:05 pm 
Expert
Expert

To be honest, I think the only hope for this game would be to open up the development like an open source project. Atleast then, you can attract some more developers who would have otherwise overlooked (or been overlooked for) the project. With an open source development model, developers can come and go (similar to what has already been happening) without any major overhead related to arrival or departure. This way, if Coroner goes away for awhile, other developers can easily come along and add more features and keep the project up to date.

Frankly, I see no other option to keep this game going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:50 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

You don't need an opensource project. You just need enough people that can change the source. If you create an opensource project cheaters will by-pass everything easily. This would create an even bigger problem as the currently active problems.

Revamp the ET-engine. Add new features and decrease the tweaking possibilities.

Might be usefull to create a so called pro-mod for those who really like the competitive play to restrict some options even more.

For the bug-fixes. There should be a general discussion about what needs to change. Some people just want TC:E in a new suit. To them I say: Create the game with a new engine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 pm 
Expert
Expert

Android. wrote:
You don't need an opensource project. You just need enough people that can change the source. If you create an opensource project cheaters will by-pass everything easily. This would create an even bigger problem as the currently active problems.

I Agree with Android about no needing an open-source project, but hackers don't are the major problem. The major problem is the organization of the development team. Frankly, I was playing BF3 and I became disappointed with the number of hacker of all kinds that I found on servers, even with Punkbuster on. So, if in a proprietary engine we can find all kind of possible Hacks being exploited, what happens about this problem on a open-source project? We certainly will find hackers on any game that we will play. So, I agree with Ross that a formal development team is more urgent and needed. The profile of project, the team decides. But a good development team need hear the comunity to improve your project. So it is needed afinity among team and comunity to give a blowing of life to any game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:03 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

i've talked with several developers yesterday including some famous modders on TC.

There are engines that provide a good and stable fundation for a new TC:e or CQB version.

The only problem is that it's coroner who decides what happens. He posted a question to join him in his development a couple of days ago, and I don't think he checked the forum since.

If he wanted to distribute his source, or allow a certain group of users to work with it. This project would be able to create a new up-to-date version of the game, a version that could actually compete with free shooters that are available on the market at the present time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:35 pm 
Expert
Expert

I think the best thing to do now, is literally count all the people who want to help and list them with their willing contributions and meet together on a teamspeak and actually talk this over. Typing on forums only sparks the idea. So if someone who has chatted with alot of the 'willing contributors' could get in contact with them and schedule some sort of meeting it would be great. I'll get a hold of whoever I can on my xfire. Also Coroner, if your reading this, please respond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:49 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I've got something to do tomorrow. I'll start to work something out after that.

Ask some people if they want to join in. But we need Coroner anyway. Else we'll be forced to create the entire game by ourselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:02 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

It's nice to see so many people show interest. But this thread is turning basically into a wish list. Let's not lose sight that the whole thing was just asking for someone to modify the ET engine... not creating a whole team - nor discussing the TCE community and their issues, etc.

So please, let's keep this simple so that when coroner does return he won't be spammed with all of this - and instead just be given for what was originally requested rather than jumping the gun.

Let's take one request at a time instead of ramming your wishes down his throat and potentially running him off. I'm sure there will be a place and time this input would be appreciated. But for now... anyone interested in modifying the ET engine and helping him out? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:31 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Diane wrote:
. . . But for now... anyone interested in modifying the ET engine and helping him out? :)

I've send him a PM on the forum. Don't know if thats the best way to contact him though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next