All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: On the road to a successful TrueCombat update
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:37 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

coroner wrote:
I can also add more weapons once I know which ones you have. I really love AkSu.

coroner, will weapons still be team dependant in CQB 0224? Because one of the cool features from CQB_DIM is that you can use any weapon no matter what your team was.

BTW now that you're talking about weapons, is there a posibility that you could add fammas g2 and g36c to the game? maybe with Yourself help...

I saw those weapons on Rainbow Six Siege's gameplay videos and they look awesome. That would be a nice addition to CQB and who knows, maybe when 0224 releases It could become a direct competiror against Rainbow SIx Siege or even aganist Takedonw: Red Sabre.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:15 pm 
Master
Master

rBok6 wrote:
direct competiror against Takedonw: Red Sabre.

Oh boy, you have clearly not played that thing. Even the most basic and underdeveloped free to play first person shooter schlock can compete with Takedown.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:52 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Great to hear all the news.

If you guys need a trainee to do all the boring work contact me, I'm an undergraduate student in CS.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:27 pm 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
BTW yourself, really hope you can help out providing all these great models, also patches for the not animated bolts.
Once 0224 is out, I hope you are willing to compile a patch pak, that can get official then.
No problem, pk3 is waiting somewhere on hdd.

Quote:
I also love the bolt-action rifle. And aksu with cobra sight ...
I can also add more weapons once I know which ones you have. I really love AkSu.

Me too. I also made a dynamic, animated muzzle flashes using animMap shader. Effect is really cool and it makes ak-series more sexy. Btw as a 3rd party maniac i have got at this moment 200mb ready-to-go content [weapons/gfx/sound/scripts/models/texturres/patches] in 1 pk3 so i think if someone, in the future [4example Illwieckz 8) ] can host a 224 server, we can test this pak togehter then eventually choose some things.

Quote:
Hopefully with the unlocked 0224 we can get a team going. But also a bunch of freelancers is ok with addons getting "officialized" :).

True. Ofc would be nice to have a dedicated 3d/texture creator but today we have a great quality models @ GB.

Quote:
BTW now that you're talking about weapons, is there a posibility that you could add fammas g2 and g36c to the game? maybe with Yourself help...

Its possible to compile these guns what you wish BUT... Famas is a bullpup designed rifle so we need new arms animation to reload back-moved magazine. As far i know there was a guy on board, AlphaRed. He has been able to do a new animation, using stock tc hands.

Edit
I remember, i was working on CSS arms in cqb/tce.
It works very well, very smooth, looks more than good, PURE SEX , but scaling, adding tags, exporting, setting animation script was a grim joke, however, it's possible to replace old low poly content
Very nice quality hands by Tigg
http://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/wips/53b4b17290ec9.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:07 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Haraldzz wrote:
Even the most basic and underdeveloped free to play first person shooter schlock can compete with Takedown.

I know that's why I mentioned it, since CQB is currently in worst shape than Takedown and aftell all the disappointment it caused among tactical shooter fans. So if CQB gets finally the update we've all been waiting for with more features and stuff, it coulld take advantage of that empty road that games like Takedown and others have left.

Also, I love the player skin designs from Takedown. Yourself [PL] maybe you should take a look at those if you haven't. Since some people were complaining about the huge backpacks of your skins. Takedown's skins look pretty awesome in my opinion and I think they would fit very nice in a CQC setting.

Yourself [PL] wrote:
Its possible to compile these guns what you wish BUT... Famas is a bullpup designed rifle so we need new arms animation to reload back-moved magazine. As far i know there was a guy on board, AlphaRed. He has been able to do a new animation, using stock tc hands.

Edit
I remember, i was working on CSS arms in cqb/tce.
It works very well, very smooth, looks more than good, PURE SEX , but scaling, adding tags, exporting, setting animation script was a grim joke, however, it's possible to replace old low poly content
Very nice quality hands by Tigg
http://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/wips ... 290ec9.jpg

oh I see, I really wish these could be added. It would bring some fresh air with the new update. Hopefully AlphaRed will see this post and get interested on this matter, who knows?

Nice hads desing. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:31 pm 
Master
Master

Could we use old to do list or wish list of TC:E and CQB ?

Coroner or Diane could you create a new topic for this ?
Or we could host Redmine with to do list plugin that user can submit it https://www.redmine.org/plugins/issue_todo_lists

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:52 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Installing a whole Ruby on Rails and a whole Redmine instance to host a to do list isn't a bit oversized? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:03 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Agreed. If you need a bug tracker/priority list, simply use GitHub, even if you don't publish the code. Keep it simple.

Also, I believe coroner should clarify the issue about the open source possibility. Imho, it's better to have a clear and definitive "no" than to keep moving with a vague "maybe", "when a team forms up". If needed, coroner should take time to list the advantage/disadvantage of open vs closed source, and analyse each point after doing a bit of research about the topic.

For example, if the commercial aspect is really unwanted, keeping the assets under a Non Commercial clause is still a possibility while allowing the code to be improved by a community. From my side, I'd love to see more interaction between ET:L and TC community, especially about the upcoming OpenGL 3 renderer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:48 pm 
Master
Master

A couple of things i would like to see.

RPG, Claymores, Laser Sight (like the old days), New game modes, Revive dead players\Spawn on team member (if game mode allows it).

And...

The way TC has developed it has always been something new, and just like when we swapped from 48 to 49 everybody moaned and hated it, my only real concern that is if any update was to be closer to TC:E 49 rather than TC:CQB its gonna be like q3 players running around a cod4 map, Sure everything will look nice with etLegacy features and the features to come, but it wont mean much if players can still fly thru the air, side strafing while firing from the hip and getting perfect head shots during a 360 spin on a bunny hop across some random object. I know TC owes its birth to quake, but there is no reason it still has to play like it.

As for etLegacy, Is it really that wonderful?

:gossip:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:37 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Please tell us about using RPG in close quarters enviroment. It seems that for RPG minimum arming distance is about 5m .To be realistic, backblast should be implemated too. RPG 7 backblast is dangerous in 15-20m behind the launcher so no firing from confined spaces. Therefore there would be very few places on the map where you actually can shoot this thing.

Swedes have developed the AT4CS which makes firing from confined spaces possible, but all AT4/Carl Gustav grenades have minimum warhead arming distance about 15-40m depending on the type of the grenade.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:39 am 
Expert
Expert

WIP - muzzle flashes and outside/inside reverb.
Wierd latency on sound-video line. Maybe cause of video compression. In game it looks much much better ofc :)
Comments are welcome.
https://vimeo.com/124282286

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:08 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Alright, let me be clear: would counter strike and cod 4 still be the most played games had they changed its movimentation into an insurgency-lIke one?

these games are so popular because of its fast and intuitive PPMS, because it gives them the feeling we have got on the 49b.

Had we fixed tce's actual bugs: non stamina jumping, bouncing on small objects and floors, leaning whIle running when throwing a nade, not being able to head shot when a player is lean walking on the same level, height, you are, r93 and sr8 hitting through concrete walls, defusing the bomb while running, right lean leaning more than left lean, sliding on floors, etc, plus had we enhanced the graphics and continued developing the game from where we were rather than completely changing the factors which gave the game it's fun feeling, don't you think, coroner and everybody else, tce would've walked many long and concrete steps forward?

I believe making reviving players and including rpgs in tce possible would be much worse than walking forward from where we are and ignoring one of the big features which gave tce it's fun feeling and what kept me and many other players involved over 10 hours a day.

I don't only believe tce's feeling is a consequence of its PPMS, but of the shooting and aiming, too. And I know and understand what the deal you are now leaning into is about, but I'm an advocate of a game where people can choose, and not be limited to, a style to play the game. Fast, neutral or slow. Tce offers players this possibility, and that, when you think about cs and cod4, can open many doors in terms of bringing many many new and different players into a new tce.

My vote remains the same. btw I'm also representing friends of mine who can't speak English and express their thoughts here.

$4mbBa.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:42 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Yourself [PL] wrote:
WIP - muzzle flashes and outside/inside reverb.
Wierd latency on sound-video line. Maybe cause of video compression. In game it looks much much better ofc :)
Comments are welcome.
https://vimeo.com/124282286

:shock: amazing work!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:17 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

The source code for CQB should be included with the game.
Not having source code included makes CQB violate ID Tech GPL from day one.

Making the source to CQB public is not a question, it's an obligation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:34 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

MadMaximum wrote:
The source code for CQB should be included with the game.
Not having source code included makes CQB violate ID Tech GPL from day one.

Making the source to CQB public is not a question, it's an obligation.

Only if CQB is based on the GPL'ed code, which is most probably not the case. Plenty of mod are based on the original SDK license, which does not require the code to be open sourced.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next