All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: CQB ...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:25 am 
Master
Master

Boy, that showed him.

We were all skeptical but now, after you told us about nasrul and your bar we have no choice but to believe.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:06 am 
Expert
Expert

You need PR to promote any game/mod and promoting a mod to the COD 'community' ? arghh
They like a whole other gameplay. They don't care for any form of realism, they want
to shoot and have 'funny' stuff like killstreaks. People who love a shooter like TC
will mostly not like the things they put in COD or BF. They just put too many BS in
most commercial games. Promoting a game needs a lot of work, work that one lady (Diane)
can't handle on her own; it needs a team.

You need happy haxxors if you intend to update the render-engine or indeed, take things
out of other open-source engines. No happy haxors = having to put a lot of time in
an engine = time you could have been spending on making a game. I started programming my
own engine in 2009, gave it up for the sole reason that I never can compete with a whole
team of people who put their engine out there for us to use. Doing game engines is like
creating a vampire, it'll suck the life right outta you.

For people saying a Lone Wolf can't do a game on his own :
here's proof it CAN be done http://www.youtube.com/movie/indie-game-the-movie

Jonathan, that 30K buys you 2 part-time map designers for a year...without buying any
models. Buy a few packs from Evermotion or Xfrog and your 30K has gone P00F.
Opening a bar is a risc and you're going to have to put money aside and put a lot
of time into it. Think you are underestimating your venture, expect a cliff dive.
Btw http://rotorgames.nl/portfolio/?page=project&id=30
That's Liquid's stuff, he worked on Killzone ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Look up on youtube for:"killzone 2 en 3 trailers" if u see an indian looking guy in the trailer thats nasrul using his own facial textures, u might even see the name nasrul come up, ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the reason why u think i wont make it with my budget is because you obvious dont think out of the box, like i said im gonna earn allot of profit but im not gonna tell you how, i will pay the developers when i get the profit, infact i dont even need to pay them 30k, but is allright to be sceptic... if you havent seen the prove yet, and as for the bar... do u even realise where the location of the bar/club is? its in the centre of amsterdam, i get allot of potential customers, + all my connection's connection's connection's and so on, dit some math, if the customers keep comming i can earn up to 40k a month,

[EDIT]why do i need to buy models if i got a team that can make their own models, you kinda revealed your secret did u buy those models from your WIP?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:22 pm 
High Master
High Master

Would be great to get new maps for CQB, few servers and bugfixes.
I would play it everyday...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:45 pm 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
you kinda revealed your secret did u buy those models from your WIP?

There never was any secret. He clearly said he had bought models for his project.

As for the rest of your posts... As Caesar said, PR is one thing. You just can't really attract anyone with a realism based modern shooter anymore. People give no *i-need-a-broader-vocab*, in the best case, 1 out of 500 will check out the game despite all of what he has heard and saw. Reason why any other game these days sell and are being played, is just because they are a part of very well known franchises. TC isn't such a thing.

Second, I'm skeptic (No shit, I am goddamn skeptic of everything written on the internet).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:11 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Well, if Coroner decides to call it quits, please release the source-code of CQB under the GPL before! That weapon handling code is too sweet to be not recycled in some open-source game at some point in the future.

However I guess with all the things already done for TCE/CQB and if a solid base like Unvanquished was used, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to make a nice small standalone CQB by Coroner. And once that is done, I am sure other people would take over development eventually too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:15 pm 
Expert
Expert

Lol, paying your designers vs buying content is exactly the same principle ;-)
It's not a secret, it's something every professional
gaming studios does... It saves a thing that costs a lot : time.

Re:deleted part of post. Yes, I made the faces of those
last characters myself. Try to find them on Daz, you won't
find 'm... Before you comment : Daz is used by many indie and professional
studio's to create their character's base mesh

All n all you put a lot of things out there that are
not applicable to the present and you know what they say :
'Behaalde resultaten in het verleden, bieden geen garantie voor de toekomst'
Until you got something to show for, it are only plans you tell us.
Please keep to tangible things and keep the topic to CQB.

***Suggestions***
Sell T-shirts, longsleeves and mugs with TC and use it to maintain
game servers for CQB (NO BOTS PLZ).

Add a chat to the website

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:48 am 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

Hi again,

this thread went off-topic for a bit :)

Well, like someone pointed out, I might have to face the fact that I am getting to old for this modding buissiness ... Damn, it is 14 years ago that I started TC, unbelievable.
However, like for many of u, I guess, when I start CQB, it feels like a well known place from the past.

When I reconsidered CQB, my main motivation was to make it more easily assessable by offering a standalone package. Secondly, returning to ET engine would be a clear decision for just accepting the outdated graphics and having the benifit of CQBs weapon system including the scopes.

If I sign off one day, I will release CQB under GPL as standalone.
Man, those comments made me think. Maybe I am around for too long, and I have too little time left for this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:39 am 
Master
Master

That's up to you. It would be massively appreciated by me and possibly other TC players of you to update the mod or even make it into a standalone game. Then again, if you don't feel like it, you are free to go your own paths. I, for one, can't force you... Nobody should be able to.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Chuckle...if they only really cared about the game! Too many whiners and not enough map builders or modelers. A lot of talent wasted all these years!
PROPS go out to all who have gave their best during the development
of TRUECOMBAT!!!

Coming to a server near you! :)

Thanks Coroner, Liquid, Diane, Traumahawk and the rest of the team...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:00 pm 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

I actually don't think that I will ever stop working on something TC related :) When I have sparetime again I will have a look at MWTC and CQB to reevaluate their state and perspectives ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:19 pm 
Master
Master

What about kickstarter ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:56 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

coroner wrote:
If I sign off one day, I will release CQB under GPL as standalone.

&
coroner wrote:
I actually don't think that I will ever stop working on something TC related :) When I have sparetime again I will have a look at MWTC and CQB to reevaluate their state and perspectives ...

Really makes me think a gradual sign off by starting a GPL licensed standalone version, which you still in the back-ground as the "Godfather" that contributes from time to time, would be the best option!

I mean 14 years... TC is a teenager now and you will have to let it go and live it's own life now (but make sure it is home by 10pm ;) ).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Don't let these downers change your perspective Coroner. If you become "too old" for this, then you'll know it yourself, until then make the most of it. This shit is more interesting then what society expects your life to be anyway.

Just wanted to stop by and say CQB still is probably the best feeling game I've ever played and I'd certainly be a happy chappy if you were to pick it back up again. I find it hard to begin on my own urban combat realism project, with no clear modern engine choice that has a guarantee of anti-cheat support (which is sadly very important - thanks hackers), so just working on other lower-end projects and waiting on possible Coroner comebacks in the meantime is all I've got :-P

Honestly, I never had any interest in MWTC (especially since it was preceded by CQB), you need lower level access then what you have in CoD4 to achieve any features that are actually compelling, and the MWTC result clearly proves that IMO, it still feels pretty much just like CoD.
It's the handling and feeling in CQB that makes it as special as it is. Yeah you don't have the really pretty player models but meh, I'd take the best feeling game I've ever played over higher polygon counts any day.

Taking a realistic view; standalone is certainly the best way to go for CQB. I sit in my little corner bitching about how the old days are dead, so I wouldn't know if there is actually much of an audience out there for the game, and if there is, where to find them.. but that's just the price of playing good games these days - not many people to play them with.
All the ground work of the game is already done, and there aren't really any better options out there, so I wouldn't see it as a waste of effort, there are plenty of TC fans that'd play it (I can only speak for myself but I'm sure a lot of people would still be playing CQB if it had more than the one map TDM only). And I'm sure that once the game reaches the proper stage, could PR the shit out of it and should be able to pick up some more. As for the hackers, yeah well... pretty much to put up with it these days, no good free anti-cheat solution out there afaik.

So I hope you do get around to some more CQB, was certainly the highlight of everything I've played over the last five or so years, would be great to get some more :-D

A huge Thank You from deep within my heart for all the work you've put in thus far since the beginning, I honestly have no idea who I'd be without you and your work on TC ^_^ Major props to all the other devs too (if yous are still reading) ;-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next