All times are UTC

Post subject: CQB Alpha 0.223 Bug/Feedback List
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:13 pm 
Master
Master

PLEASE JUST POST BUGS/FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS IN HERE!

Do NOT post debates (start your own thread instead) or personal preferences (aka whine).

Let's keep this thread on topic!

Any "debate/personal preference" post will be deleted - so again, if you feel the need to rant and rage, create a separate topic so you (and people) can spam it!

And, go....

- Diane
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Live Bugs

Accumulated from other users that have posted below this thread!

- The sawn-off double barreled shotgun aka Shorty (+ akimbo) weapons completely have no base textures for spec ops class (thanks jussi). They default to the bright orange and black texture.
- If you die while trying to pickup a weapon you'll see the grapping hand indicator centered on the screen all the time you stay out of reinforcement queue (not pressing 'f' to respawn again).
- You are automatically dropped to spectator mode, if you change your armament layout for your currently chosen class.

Question from me...Are the guns suppose to sway erratically when your on iron sight mode? When i attempt to iron sight with the Desert Eagle .50 Pistol, I notice very erratic movements (being involuntary recoil) of my sight going up and down. Realistically, this would be contrived.

Last edited by WingZero on Sun May 01, 2011 6:39 am, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:23 pm 
Expert
Expert

Shorty shotguns texture bug is only at specops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:06 pm 
Master
Master

The new side arms are great! The model quality is just better than great! Everyone on the server was running with side arms only today :lol: . The new "Body" perk stuff started to confuse me, and the side arm selection seems to be just huge! As I said in one of my other post, it would be nice to have to select a gun and it's attachments not a gun that is whole different just because it has these attachements. The 10% bonus seems for the "Protected" perk seems to be too low. I get hit in the chest 2 times by a pistol and I'm dead. Haven't tested "Tank" and "Lightweight" properly yet, tho. So far, great work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:36 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

first off all, thank you again coroner ( for patch 0.223 ).
I think the changes you made are all well balanced, and led (imho) to a faster
and better gameplay. I noticed 2 things during my 20 min long 1st run on this:

- If you die while trying to pickup a weapon you'll see the grapping hand indicator centered on the screen all the time you stay out of reinforcement queue ( not pressing 'f' to respawn again ).

- You are automaticly dropped to spectator mode, if you change your armament layout for your currently choosen class

these are (possible) errors i think. Idon't know if someone else feels the same like me about the size of the weapons during running mode, but i think most of the weapons look a little clumsy/ too short ( especialy the AK ). might be only my opinion, cause I play on a 4:3 Screen, dont know how the 'widescreen' folks think about that :D :roll: ... or maybee the gun models can only be scaled, or not streched or something ...and it has to be like that ( don't know if you addressed that with nr. 43 from the current changelog:
* Slightly increased weapon size/bulk effects on speed (from +-5% to +-7.5%) ... but i can live with it ( as long as you give me a GERMAN G3 hrhrhrhr :twisted: )

the overall first impressions are nevertheless very great though and i'm looking forward to see whats coming next ( maybee a new 'official' map ? ) :wink:

greetz from germany
JagdKampf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:59 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Great new work Coroner. I really like the new pistol models, and the changes to the damage are good, keep it up. I don't really think "akimbo" anything has a place in CQB, and although I like the new aiming system I think it makes them overpowered; but if akimbo makes it more fun its worth having it. I violently dislike the idea of having a break-action anything in a modern CQB game, the "shorty" has no place in this game (I feel). I also think if it is kept it should have a lot more recoil. I haven't really done anything as far as the new perks, so maybe I'll comment later on those.

I only played for a few minutes so I didn't see any more bugs. I, for one, don't mind the one map - its good enough to last along time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:08 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Grat work, evey release has been an improvement, now doors arent that sticky, movement feels better, health regeneration has been segmented and supressed dont show on radar wich is a great surprise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:32 am 
Expert
Expert

So you can't freeclimb anymore? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:47 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Great work, but feels like quick reload perk isn't working. Normal reload should be much slower. And when akimbo Wilson CQB runs out of ammo, you can see hole on its body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:28 pm 
Expert
Expert

Tatti wrote:
Great work, but feels like quick reload perk isn't working. Normal reload should be much slower. And when akimbo Wilson CQB runs out of ammo, you can see hole on its body.

Quick reload seems to be like half faster than normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:23 pm 
Master
Master

Did a much bigger play-test. Bugs and some feedback I found

- Shooting the Wilson Combat CQB pistol makes you not show up on the compass.

- Tank or maybe it's just snipers, having Tank still makes you dead by 1 shot from a sniper rifle even if you were hit somewhere in the legs and the shooter is using standard bullets.

- Don't know about you, but for me the shorty texture always shows up :?

- I think the akimbo iron-sight'ing should be more centered, for me it looks like it's a little too much on the left.

- Something I forgot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:09 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Movement is much better. Its really good now! .

Generally 0.223 is very satisfying patch. Good Work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:59 pm 
Master
Master

I agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:14 am 
Master
Master

[quote="Haraldzz"][/quote]

Haraldx :P !!

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:33 am 
Master
Master

Yeah, that's me, the same guy from Moddb :P I have lately made a lot more, just haven't updated my Moddb page. Also, is it possible to get TC: CQB on Moddb and Desura?

More bugs:

- The first round I tried being a SpecOps after being a terrorist I had the Terrorist skin for the Shorty. After I died, I got missing skin for SpecOps shorty.

- You can't reload 1 shorty if one has 2 bullets and the other one has 1 bullet.

- When using akimbo shorties, make both shorties have no ammo inside. Now do the following:
1. Press reload once, DO NOT HOLD.
2. Press reload again.
3. You should have 2 bullets in the first shorty but none or one in the other shorty.
4. You can't reload your second, empty shorty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm 
Expert
Expert

Today when i jumped in the stairs and was starting to climb it looked like the render crashed or something. It was exactly the same than when r_norefresh 1. I could still hear shooting sounds and use console. It didnt stop so i had to quit the game.

------------
A little bug what must be easy to fix! When you spectate someone from your team before you deploy, you will see the player's nickname trought all walls.

-----------
You said on your facebook update that sv_official is not locked anymore. But it is.

-----------
When you repeately press fast back and forward keys when you are crouched, you may get proned.

----------
M76's scope is smaller than SR M110's.

----------
There is some bugs with the scopes when viewing a replay. You may not see trought it for example.

----------
When you use freelook the scope view doesnt "fit" inside it.. hard to explain