All times are UTC

Post subject: [updated]few questions from a noob.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:24 am 
Marksman
Marksman

hi all, im new to cqb, and i know nth about ET,
i just setup a 7*24 server "[Hong Kong]CQB Serv",
however, i cannot find my server in windows client... i could only find 1-3 servers in windows client.
and is there any "server edition" of cqb available? cause the full game is just eat my server space...

and i have a small suggestion,
i think server list just going to kill this game, coz it tell the players how many ppl are playing this game,
why dont cqb automatic match all the player???
and if cqb set the CTRL as free look default key will be perfect.

also, i find "no glass effect" in my gun sight in game, but the following video do so... why?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjP1Cd-pIuo
also, my linux client cannot see popup tips when mouse over a selection, it just left a blank box.

thank you all, i just cannot speak english well. :cry: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:51 pm 
Master
Master

Quote:
however, i cannot find my server in windows client... i could only find 1-3 servers in windows client.
and is there any "server edition" of cqb available? cause the full game is just eat my server space...

give it some time, sometimes servers dont show up at first. unfortunately u cant do much about the size of the game(there is no server edition), if u want u can delete all .dll files in the etmain and cqbtest folder (they are for windows only) but its only a few MBs, make sure u only have ET and CQB installed wihtout any custom maps,...
also update to the newest version(server+client) ->CQB Alpha v.0.221

Quote:
i think server list just going to kill this game, coz it tell the players how many ppl are playing this game,

i doubt this is possible in ET and even if it were, its not the best idea as we have a too small community to actually need something like that, especially since its only an alpha atm... (people like to choose the server they play on,...many reasons)

Quote:
also, i find "no glass effect" in my gun sight in game, but the following video do so... why?
also, my linux client cannot see popup tips when mouse over a selection, it just left a blank box.

hmm if i understand correctly u want the ACOG scope right? you have to play a few rounds and "unlock" this scope, then choose it for example under: terrorists->assault->primary: AK-47 ACOG (the weapons with scopes are mostly locked in ur first round until u make some kills)
unfortunately cant really comment on the linux client as im on windows but if others confirm this we could tell coroner to fix it (shouldnt be difficult)

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:37 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

SnaKeS3K wrote:
Quote:

give it some time, sometimes servers dont show up at first. unfortunately u cant do much about the size of the game(there is no server edition), if u want u can delete all .dll files in the etmain and cqbtest folder (they are for windows only) but its only a few MBs, make sure u only have ET and CQB installed wihtout any custom maps,...
also update to the newest version(server+client) ->CQB Alpha v.0.221

Quote:

i doubt this is possible in ET and even if it were, its not the best idea as we have a too small community to actually need something like that, especially since its only an alpha atm... (people like to choose the server they play on,...many reasons)

Quote:

hmm if i understand correctly u want the ACOG scope right? you have to play a few rounds and "unlock" this scope, then choose it for example under: terrorists->assault->primary: AK-47 ACOG (the weapons with scopes are mostly locked in ur first round until u make some kills)
unfortunately cant really comment on the linux client as im on windows but if others confirm this we could tell coroner to fix it (shouldnt be difficult)

Thanks so much :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:27 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

now i have another question,
after i update to v0.221,
i got "ERROR: Invalid or modified paks referenced, can not run official server." when i start a server...
any advice?
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:35 pm 
Master
Master

you have custom maps or weapons(.pk3 files),... in the etmain or cqbtest folder, you have to remove all non-official stuff (.pk3s)
official .pk3 files in etmain folder:
mp_bin.pk3
pak0.pk3
pak1.pk3
pak2.pk3

official .pk3 files in cqbtest folder:
mp_bin.pk3
pak0.pk3
pak1.pk3
pak2.pk3
pak3.pk3
pak4.pk3
pak5.pk3

remove all other .pk3s in these 2 folders and everything should be fine again

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:01 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

SnaKeS3K wrote:
you have custom maps or weapons(.pk3 files),... in the etmain or cqbtest folder, you have to remove all non-official stuff (.pk3s)
official .pk3 files in etmain folder:
mp_bin.pk3
pak0.pk3
pak1.pk3
pak2.pk3

official .pk3 files in cqbtest folder:
mp_bin.pk3
pak0.pk3
pak1.pk3
pak2.pk3
pak3.pk3
pak4.pk3
pak5.pk3

remove all other .pk3s in these 2 folders and everything should be fine again

i did a double check, but i dont find any *.pk3 beside from your list...
and i did a fresh reinstall, but the problem still here.

Setting MOTD...
Referenced paks: cqbtest/pak5 cqbtest/pak4 cqbtest/pak3 cqbtest/pak2 cqbtest/pak1 cqbtest/pak0 cqbtest/mp_bin etmain/pak2 etmain/pak1 etmain/pak0 etmain/mp_bin
ERROR: Invalid or modified paks referenced, can not run official server.

help :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:46 pm 
Master
Master

Like this noobie

etmain:

cqbtest:

Target line for Windows Dedicated Server:

Create a shortcut from ETDED.exe and change its name to CQBDED.exe with the following target line

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ETDED.exe" +set net_port 27960 +set fs_game cqbtest +set fs_homepath 27960 +exec server.cfg +map obj_sample

Server directory will be placed in your Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory directory with the name 27960. This is where you place your server.cfg and maps.cfg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:39 pm 
Master
Master

maps.cfg
Code:
set map1  "map cqb_sample"   
vstr map1

[00:29] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we keep TCE alive with our BC
[00:30] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we just got posts on our forums saying people want to play MASSA
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: but without massa bc this game would be dead
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: and u know it
[00:35] [MASSA]Scarsraider: probably every TCE player has at one point played on our BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:03 am 
Marksman
Marksman

WingZero wrote:
Like this noobie

etmain:

cqbtest:

Target line for Windows Dedicated Server:

Create a shortcut from ETDED.exe and change its name to CQBDED.exe with the following target line

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ETDED.exe" +set net_port 27960 +set fs_game cqbtest +set fs_homepath 27960 +exec server.cfg +map obj_sample

Server directory will be placed in your Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory directory with the name 27960. This is where you place your server.cfg and maps.cfg

Thanks... but it work fine after updated to v0.222 =D