Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:41 am 
Master
Master

jussi wrote:
Damien wrote:
The sound gets distorted when someone shoots near you, just like it happened with the bomb explosion in 0.48.

Doesn't it happen IRL then?

Peak clipping. In this case the engine tries to play a sound louder than possible.

Sometimes it happens when the enemy is on a floor above you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:56 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

hi Cor!
new alfa version is much much better! yea !

ps. something is still wrong/unbalanced with acceleration.
In first second u almost dont move. In real life its different and you can begin run almost immediately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:34 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

i like the new alpha fixes (0.221) and i wanted to thank you coroner. This game has some uniqe style and flavor tce never had, i think. You are doing a great work. thx 4 that.

the new spawn system has a huge impact on the battle dynamic...at least for the single map we are playing on. Spawning near the comrades inflicts heavy firefights in buildings or other places on the map... till on or more players decide to outflank the enemy and move away ... and spread, so to say. the spwan area over the whole map again....till the next contact emerges. i encountered that last night. and I liked it very much ... if this is,what you had in mind coroner ... i'll take off my hat. if not, and its only a side effect because of the little size of the map - you might consider, to take the respawn behaviour into account, if ( and i hope you will ) you create/release more different gametypes in the future.

greetz from germany

ah... and don't forget to add more screems,newer weaponsounds and dying animations to the game ... and one or more newer, bigger maps would be nice also :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:03 pm 
Master
Master

Damien wrote:
jussi wrote:
Damien wrote:
The sound gets distorted when someone shoots near you, just like it happened with the bomb explosion in 0.48.

Doesn't it happen IRL then?

Peak clipping. In this case the engine tries to play a sound louder than possible.

Sometimes it happens when the enemy is on a floor above you.

I always wondered why it did that. Are the sample outputs too high? Or is it the engine that's doing that? I would think that you could just master the samples with a lower volume to give the engine some headroom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:17 pm 
High Master
High Master

These textures are mirrored (on most of the containers). Not a huge bug, but looks silly.

Also railings on the roof inside the warehouses are missing layers on the top.
http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/7626/texturesw.png

Edit: please use a thumbnail - or just link to the image - if the image is huge!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:47 pm 
Master
Master

Baal wrote:
I always wondered why it did that. Are the sample outputs too high?
My guess would be that the firing sounds are made to be louder when closer to a player but without a volume limit or with one set too high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:39 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

first off all, thank you again coroner ( for patch 0.222 ). I like the 1st person dying animation very much, but it's buggy for at least the Berreta sidearm.
>If you die with that pistol aimed, u see ur hands still grapping the pistol, pointing towards the direction u aimed at the moment u got hit... resulting in seeing ur arms with that pistol in ur hands being ' cut off ' while ur view is tumbeling down :shock: :lol: .

Didn't check all pistols but u may have a look at all of em. Sorry that i wasnt able to take a screen. i got nailed to fast, to hit the print key :lol: ... after 2 failed attempts .. i decided to save my score instead of trying to make a pic :wink: ... mybee someone elese encountered the same, and is more lucky than i was in taking a screen...but its a behaviour wich can be reproduced!

btw. i was playing as terrorist...

greetz from germany

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:07 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

About the distorted guns sounds,as i know that can be cause the sound bit rate of 3rd person shooting sound.With the sig its easy to notice that. Im gonna try to take some of those sounds to studio and see if i can masterize them. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:42 pm 
Master
Master

From the last update info:
Quote:
Slightly lowered weapon sounds to avoid clipping

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:48 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

yeah but it seems it doesnt work!!!They still clip He can adjust the gain volume of each gun but if it has the same latency that will clip allways.I do this for living

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:43 pm 
Expert
Expert

Sometimes you can see you dead teammates nickname above hes already disappeared body. But he isnt in the radar though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:03 pm 
Expert
Expert

Does the breath-control work yet? I don't see any difference when in "AC".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:19 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Hi all, I've been playing TCE for long time and now I am very excited with
the awesome CQB. Great job coroner!!

I join the forums to give and get some feedback and I hope we find a way to increase playerbase to the best free cross-platform first person
realistic modern times shooter ever created!

Options -> View:

Anyone care to explain what these options are for?

- Dynamic eye
- Corona distance
- Wall Mark Lifetime

Options -> Controls:

- FreeAim should be enabled by default for all new installs. I noticed many players don't use it and wonder if they even know this fantastic option is available.

- Freelook is an awesome feature and will even be more useful when snipe maps are available. What about the ALT key by default? I find this very comfortable. It currently is unset.

- Mouse sensitivity: try to make the slider more accurate. Who uses 30
anyway?

Misc Wishes:

- Middle mouse button: throw bomb in first slot and go back to weapon as seen in CoD.

- Quick knife attack as seen in CoD for when you spot an unaware enemy and sneak behind or when you encounter face to face with one in a corner.

- Team names: icons are cool but many times I forget what team I am in and icons alone aren't much helpful!!! Would you please include above or under team icons the team name?

- Weapon images: I am not a weapon freak, and I don't usually remember weapon names. I believe this would help new players feel more confident when building their characters.

And that's it for now!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:21 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

wall marks -its the amount of time you can see the shots on the walls and objects.Dinamic eye its the lightning intensity.And corona distance ,as the name says its the distance the corona from your view.Something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:06 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hi Gu!zmO

I have the same doubt, really I don't know what means "corona" in game design, then I can't understand its function - so your explanation didn't sufficient to me (to being short - what is "corona"?)... sorry if this comment isn't propper on this post, but actualy i would like more clean explanations about this game element for us, mere noobs...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next