All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:19 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I've got two wishes, though I know one of them wouldn't be welcomed within the community:

Completely removed knife. I'm quite sure it's out of standard equipment of most units for a long time now. Besides, who, in RL environment would like to rush on the enemy with hope that he will have enough time to slice him before getting shot or turning into a long melee fight.

The second one is - completely remove soundless walk, cause no matter how slowly you walk you will be heard at close distance. Especially when you wear an armour and have a sidearm/grenades hanging on your belt. Also, more movement sounds would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:44 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I, for one, like both those ideas Harpoon. For CQB, knifes aren't really appropriate I don't think, and some noise will be made...maybe Commando let's you have a knife?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:00 pm 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

Sounds interesting, Harpoon. I also like the idea that only Commando Perk gives you a knife at all.

The other issue is that I think a knife is historically in FPS to have something if you run out of ammo. You could, however, always pick up another gun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:43 pm 
Expert
Expert

In my opinion the knife system makes no sense in the True Combat versions. You have to pull it out in order to use it. I guess its fun when its knife only just to screw around but you will never see a gun vs knife situation IRL. Even though if you run out of ammo and be forced to use a knife or pick up another weapon, like coroner said, the issue still comes up where it takes a long ass time to even pull the knife out before you can use it. As I requested before, the COD type of knifing system would be ideal for close combat areas and would work more to the benefit of CQB. Although this would promote knife runners and the mix community of pings makes knifing in this game practically useless. 150 pin vs 50 ping is always a bullsh*t knife.

A good replacement to the knife would be a simple melee with the weapon. 1-2 hits causes fatigue/knockback and screen to shake, 3-4 hits causes fall/death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:24 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

|2oss® wrote:
[...]A good replacement to the knife would be a simple melee with the weapon. 1-2 hits causes fatigue/knockback and screen to shake, 3-4 hits causes fall/death.

...Then some good hit in the head would certainly hurt a lot / disable enemy. (well, IRL it does).

Being an old RO (Red Orchestra, for who don't know) player, I quite like the idea of melee attack, but also don't get why the knife need to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:40 pm 
High Master
High Master

Pulling out the knife is the best way. I mean who really can slash with a knife in milliseconds like in CoD series? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:30 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

|2oss® wrote:
A good replacement to the knife would be a simple melee with the weapon. 1-2 hits causes fatigue/knockback and screen to shake, 3-4 hits causes fall/death.

I think that would be a good replacement for knife, maybe as the "x" key or something.

One more wish: a Mac OSX build for the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

just do straight frontal stabs with the knife only... thats more realistic,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:21 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
just do straight frontal stabs with the knife only... thats more realistic,

Circa WW II sure, but it's very time consuming to kill someone (with certainty) that doesn't want to be killed with a knife. Contemporary training eschews a knife as an assault weapon (and even bothering to carry one) -- as a last defensive resort rapid blade dragging/slashing strikes to the face, neck and hands of the assailent to disable, are the preferred or most 'realistic' mo...

coroner wrote:
The other issue is that I think a knife is historically in FPS to have something if you run out of ammo. You could, however, always pick up another gun.

I can't feature why you'd feel any obligation to FPS design canon that's completely deravitive, and in many cases from your work.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:00 am 
Master
Master

Why take away the knife?
It have always given given loads of fun to players that for some reason or another can't be bothered to play seriously at that time and there's no need to use it if you don't want to.
What we could use though is some sort of quickattack that have been discussed but there's no need to take away the knife slot for that reason.
maybe make the knife kill with one hit while the quick melee option takes 2 hits? Knife only servers did exist before and people have also when in normal servers asked those that in there if they wanted knife only for a couple of rounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:16 am 
Expert
Expert

Btw its kinda unrealistic that you die in 0 sec if you get shooted in the chest like 5 times.. IRL you could maybe walk for a few seconds..

Or knife stab.. u dont die instantly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:39 pm 
Master
Master

Eqpe wrote:
Why take away the knife?

No one is suggesting 'taking away' anything, if you want to hack and chop away there's still TC:E or Urban Terror for that matter where you can thow knives too... Or, you could become a Sushi Chef, or make a virtual Sushi Chef game...

What people are suggesting, and I think it's valid if fits with Coroner's intentions is to set a new precident; and employ the Developers very limited time toward developing and balancing more crucial game features and content....

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:24 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

no knife ?

ARE U ALL MAD ??? //facepalm//

killing with knife give always the most satisfaction in every fps ! Especially when we want to revenge on player ; )

It also create many fun and humorous situations...
No knife = no fun. HAVE TO BE

Do u really want a hiper-super-realistic game for sad gents ? What about any kind of flair? gimmick ?

ps..it could be great option to ...throw knife at guy..lol..fantastic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:02 pm 
Expert
Expert

Throwing the knife would be awesome! Just a lot of programming to "add" it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:16 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

hoak wrote:
Eqpe wrote:
Why take away the knife?

No one is suggesting 'taking away' anything,

As a matter of fact, I suggested it ;)

And so far Craterus' idea seems best IMO. And Coroner seemed to like it, so there's no need for you cutthroats to panic :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next