All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:06 am 
Expert
Expert

Use Glock21

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:00 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

or...Desert Eagle.

btw of high-calibers handguns, having a revolver like the Colt Python (well, its 3rd party in 0.49) as a D. Eagle counter-part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:21 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Gaspashov wrote:
or...Desert Eagle.

btw of high-calibers handguns, having a revolver like the Colt Python (well, its 3rd party in 0.49) as a D. Eagle counter-part.

I actually like that idea.

O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:27 am 
Expert
Expert

An official icon for CQB would be cool :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:32 am 
Master
Master

I'm sure this will be an easy for for your future patch releases.

- Disable red dot for players who attack with the knife weapon as it shouldn't give their positioning on the compass
- How about a more zoomed out, larger compass such as COD Black Ops that shows outline of buildings and objectives since your incorporating all these mechanics from COD/Battlefield games. I imagine this would take a little bit more time to code, so it's something to consider when you plan to get out of the alpha/beta stages
- Show main objectives on screen as well like in COD Black Ops

[00:29] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we keep TCE alive with our BC
[00:30] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we just got posts on our forums saying people want to play MASSA
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: but without massa bc this game would be dead
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: and u know it
[00:35] [MASSA]Scarsraider: probably every TCE player has at one point played on our BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:53 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

WingZero wrote:
- How about a more zoomed out, larger compass such as COD Black Ops that shows outline of buildings and objectives since your incorporating all these mechanics from COD/Battlefield games. I imagine this would take a little bit more time to code, so it's something to consider when you plan to get out of the alpha/beta stages

I don't like this idea, it makes it too easy. What's there now is OK, any more would be to unrealistic. What might be good though is to add a menu map like a lot of other games like OF:Dragon Rising, Fallout 3, Farcry, SWAT4, S.T.A.L.K.E.R VEGAS2 etc etc, have: a map you can open and look at which shows your current position and other terrain... maybe even the triangles for teammates too.

While I'm thinking of it, it would be sweet to have some way being able to quickly tell an ally (or anyone < 5m away?) a direction. That way if your working with someone to clear an area you could type v-*-* (or something) and tell them "10o'clock high" or the like (this could also be done through hand signals, like someone suggested)...just an idea...

Last edited by Craterus on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:50 am 
Master
Master

What in the *i-need-a-broader-vocab* name are you talking about LOL, that's a whole new system that really does not *i-need-a-broader-vocab* match the name "Close Quarters Combat"

I assure you there will never be official support for wide battlefield/medal of honor type of maps that require you to open a map just to view the terrain for 'CQB'. But do not stop coming up with ideas, it's nice but not the game for it.

And you say COD compass's make the game easy? You're playing with a different crowd than who I play with :evil:

[00:30] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we just got posts on our forums saying people want to play MASSA
[00:35] [MASSA]Scarsraider: probably every TCE player has at one point played on our BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:22 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I wish that etmin.exe works like TCE did, even in W7-64 etminimizer works on ET and TCE but not TC:CBQ?

when i start TCE or ET i dont get any win7 warning, do you allow that this pogram makes change to your...

but it does when i start TCE:CBQ using the shortcut link i get a win7 warning

when i load ET then load cqbtest mod then minimizer works
if i start WET load CBQ mod

Last edited by Harbeck on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 am 
High Master
High Master

my etmin works just fine

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:47 pm 
Expert
Expert

RavoC. wrote:
jussi wrote:

Why you cant shoot while leaning and not in iron-sight??

Same as you wouldn't stand on your head and shoot with your toes.. if you lean *around a corner* and not raising your weapon to look along or just next to the weapon and leave it like that you would shoot the wall or your toe..^^

Then you are a noob. like in this picture i'm not shooting the wall or a toe and im un-aimed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:59 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

jussi wrote:
and im un-aimed.

Um....no your not, you're aimed in that picture, if you were un-aimed the iron-sights wouldn't line up. That said, I agree that you ought to be able to shot while un-aimed and leaning, but your aim should be wild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:22 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

WingZero wrote:
What in the *i-need-a-broader-vocab* name are you talking about LOL, that's a whole new system that really does not *i-need-a-broader-vocab* match the name "Close Quarters Combat"

I edited a bit for clarity, but I assure you that if you had read my post carefully you'dve gotten my point before hand. Of course CQB will never have large maps, but if you have an RPG and hit the 'm' key you'll sort of see what I'm talking about. SWAT4 and VEGAS2 do it differently, but both do it well (except VEGAS2's shows you a little to much). Sorry I can't get a screencap right now.

Maybe this could be done in the 'tab' or limbo menu?

I mostly on play COD in single player... and I don't play it that much. When I do play online I get owned, its not easy. But that aspect is really simplified, which makes that aspect easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:01 pm 
Master
Master

Craterus wrote:
I edited a bit for clarity, but I assure you that if you had read my post carefully you'dve gotten my point before hand.

I assure you I read your odious suggestions word for word.

Craterus wrote:
What might be good though is to add a menu map like a lot of other games like OF:Dragon Rising, Fallout 3, Farcry, SWAT4, S.T.A.L.K.E.R VEGAS2 etc etc, have: a map you can open and look at which shows your current position and other terrain... maybe even the triangles for teammates too.

Again, this is not the game for it. The official supported maps will always be close quarters as the name suggests. Why would this game need a map menu when its in close proximity? Literally close proximity. We aren't running through the fields here.

Requiring a menu map where you have to open it just to check where teammates are implemented towards games whose whole map is an objective. Games like Fallout 3, Operation Flashpoint, Vegas series, etc. consist of huge environments which would make sense to put these types of "menu maps".

The compass/radar can easily be the solution for this (which can be displayed on either top right or left):

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:23 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Fallout and FarCry were just examples to illustrate my point, the situation is obviously different. Vegas2 has slightly bigger maps than CQB...but not much. SWAT4 is very similar in scale and has a map in the deployment menu so that you can arrange a plan of attack not so that you can tell where your teammates are at all times. Maybe in the tab menu (with the scores) one could have a map like you have shown, but in a HUD it would just clutter thing and be unrealistic. Just my opinion, but CQB allready has as much of a HUD map as is appropriate. I believe this conversation was in response to someone asking about a map so that those new to the wouldn't be lost all the time before learning the map. For a solution to this issue my suggestion is perfectly reasonable, and it could be a simple static map (like SWAT4) or not.

I get the point that this is Close Quarters Battle, alright; I'm not stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:10 am 
Expert
Expert

Craterus wrote:
jussi wrote:
and im un-aimed.

Um....no your not, you're aimed in that picture, if you were un-aimed the iron-sights wouldn't line up. That said, I agree that you ought to be able to shot while un-aimed and leaning, but your aim should be wild.

If i was aimed the weapon was closer to me. I am not in irong-sight in that picture. Just leaning and using free-look.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next