All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:48 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Proning speed seems fine to me, because in that maneuver you're carefully laying down.
I'd envision what this kind of feature to be something you'd use to quickly get behind cover (more of a dive), but you'd take maybe 5% damage and have to wait maybe 0.5 seconds before being able to shot (you could move) again.
Another thing that would be nice is if you saw some kind of player animation while crawling along prone, also more camera movement when crawling would be a good thing.

TCE is fine without this kind of feature because you can trickjump away get behind cover, but now having slowed/limited movement to a realistic realm it would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:46 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

In my opinion diving to cover seems fine but instead of short rushing and tapping dive-button you should have ran couple steps(5 meter). And getting up after the jump could take a while in difference to normal from prone to stand up animation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:32 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

my wish is that the game should have the original title name: TrueCombat.
with no subtitle like: ELITE/CQB, marketing wise its more catchy for new players to just look at the main title name:TRUE COMBAT

i mean i wont have Close Quarter Battle all the time in the game you know... kinda weird subtitle...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:28 am 
Master
Master

Lately came up with more wishes to increase realism:
1. More camera shake, more visible arms and stuff.

Yes, I want it! I want to see my arms when crawling in prone position, I want to see my arms while I freeclimb (Mirror's Edge style), more camera shake according to the third person animation.

2. More (interactive) death animations.

Indeed, it get's a little boring to have the same animation play over and over again. I want more like special animations, according to the gun I was killed by, according to the position where am I standing, according from what position I was killed, according in what body part I was shot. For example: if I was killed by a shotgun using buckshot shells from behind, I should get knocked off my feet and "fly" a bit away. If I was killed near a wall while facing the wall with my back, my body should stick to the wall and slide down.
Also, think about how cool it would be to see these animations in first person death camera!

3. Suppresive fire.

Take a look at this video of Battlefield 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBu_tH8muq0
Notice how every shot made by the .50 near the player makes it's screen get a little bit darker and more blurrier. How would this work in TC: CQB? If we could make the screen a bit darker with each shot made in a certain radius near the player, the player would actually really have fear unlike now - Meh, that guy is just wasting ammo, I will lean out the corner and do a headshot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:12 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

straight frontal stab with the knife, because i dont think you can kill someone with cloths on if you slash the knife diagonal,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:30 am 
Expert
Expert

My only wish for now is the Killhouse map available for playing... I can't wait for it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:15 am 
Master
Master

haraldzz, the engine cant realy do blur, i suggested on some topic to play with corona distance, fov, gamma and contrast

My wish is increasing fov a little while you are sprinting, it gives immersion of speed 8) (not much, just with like +5)

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:51 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

my wish is new player models build from scratch, so no ET stock models,
the models should look really good, just take a look at those player models of those nowadays/modern games... for example the player models of Battlefield 3,

example player models battlefield 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw9z6RWk ... F&index=17

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:59 pm 
Master
Master

You lack both interest and knowledge to find out why that is nearly impossible to achieve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:57 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Damien wrote:
You lack both interest and knowledge to find out why that is nearly impossible to achieve.

well.. ive seen a video where they totally changed the player models,
and if its possible to change how the player model is holding the gun, than i think its also possible to change the whole player model, if im not wrong,
i heard that its possible with MD4,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:37 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Damien is right. While it certainly is possible, you obviously have no idea how difficult the task of changing a model is. Creating a decent model can take a very long time, weeks even, not to mention all the new textures and animations that have to be created to go along with a new model.
CQB is currently a one man show, may I remind you. Asking for new models is unreasonable, considering Coroner is spending his little available time developing CQB. I'd rather see new maps and features for CQB than sexy character models.
MD4 is a model file type, not a tool for creating models.

On another note, I would like to see suppressive fire being added. Just a slightly darkened or brightened screen or something else that will be of a minor inconvenience. Said inconvenience can increase if there are more bullets whizzing around.
While it might slow things down, it opens a bunch of strategic opportunists. Incoming enemy team? Keep them at bay by firing rounds at them until reinforcements arrive.
Not to mention it'd be a realistic add on. I'd like to see you keep calm and completely focused and not disoriented while bullets are whizzing by your head.
And besides, it's not like you can use that forever, keep in mind you do have limited ammunition. And that you make a pretty little target for a sniper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:27 am 
Master
Master

There is more to that.

No good .mdm and .aninc exporters/importers (mesh/animation). Those which are available are only compatible with an outdated 3DS Max version.

Then there is Lightray 3D with an export script but it doesn't support LOD (polygon removal as you get further away from the model) and the software itself isn't very convincing.
I'm not sure if it completely supports ET's model format or if the model should be exported in RTCW format and then converted to the ET.

Lastly, the engine itself doesn't deal with additional polygons well so better models might be a significant performance hit in the end.

Post subject: Re: TC:CQB Wishlist
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:18 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Ability to make maps in CQB, durrrrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

GRANDAD wrote:
Ability to make maps in CQB, durrrrr

:cheers:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:43 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Also instead of REC7 should be M4, and police should have MP5. I could never get used to the guns in CQB I guess because it was trying to be more like a military shooter, instead of a police tactical SWAT team game like TCE. Military shooters are a dime a dozen these days. But not enough realistic police shooters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next