All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:55 pm 
Expert
Expert

What about voice messages like "I'm checking upstairs" or "Lets go to A" etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:18 pm 
Master
Master

Bashing with weapons.
When too close the enemy press the use/iron sight/shoot button to bash the enemy with your weapon. Bashing the enemy will knock him down if he has low stamina, but if he has 50%+ stamina, he will be just knocked back and stunned. It is just un-realistic how I get like 2 inches away from the enemy and I still have to shoot, in real-life situation soldiers ussually go to hand-to-hand combat or atleast try to knock down the enemy to shoot them.

Faster from prone to crouch.
Tried it doing in real life, I was able to get from a prone to position to fully standing in about 0.8 seconds. In TC it requires me about 2.5 seconds. Reduce it to about 1.5 seconds and maybe make a stamina cost.

Sprinting while crouched.
Something like in Gears of War. You can see you aren't really sprinting but you also aren't sneaking. Sprinting while being crouched would have it's bad effects - higher stamina cost and taking out the gun takes longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:08 am 
Marksman
Marksman

First off all, great work, Coroner, and thanks for it. Let me say few words about "shorty" model. I like all new models, but i think that 1) "shorty" model loocks too small, another shotguns have normal scale, but shorty loocks like pistol. 2) When u use one sawed-off left hand holds up right hand. In my opinion left hand mast hold burrel (like in another shotguns) 3) Akimbo-Shorty: how about this gun position - central gun situated like another shotguns,left sawed-off sutiated more lower and more far? http://www.10pix.ru/img1/1240/4247534.jpg

Can i hope, that sawed-off will have big scale like another shotguns, will more detaled, for example like on this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX5zCSSMDXc

P.s. i think that if u fire with akimbo (pistol and all guns), left gun every time must have small accuracy, couse u can have good aim only wtih central gun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:03 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Tuborg wrote:
P.s. I think that if u fire with akimbo (pistol and all guns), left gun every time must have small accuracy, couse u can have good aim only wtih central gun.

I couldn't agree more, I think the left-hand gun should be wildly inaccurate (but I've never accurately shot with pistols akimbo so I couldn't say for certain).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:12 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Did someone already asked about reinforced objective mode and better fitting for CTF?
Maybe other modes are possible, like "one team tries to catch 1 person with bomb" or so. Dont know what its called in other games. Of course they dont have guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:54 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Tuborg wrote:
how about this gun position - central gun situated like another shotguns,left sawed-off sutiated more lower and more far? http://www.10pix.ru/img1/1240/4247534.jpg

thats the gun position i have been suggesting for years on that picture, it should be in the center a bit lower than the aiming mode,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:35 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Having the unaimed model be centered and straight in front of the camera would be awful, it would feel all wrong, be unrealistic, and ugly. But I think I like Tuborg's idea, for the aimed version of akimbo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:43 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Craterus wrote:
Having the unaimed model be centered and straight in front of the camera would be awful, it would feel all wrong, be unrealistic, and ugly. But I think I like Tuborg's idea, for the aimed version of akimbo.

what do you mean with unrealistic? having the unaimed model in the center is the same thing like the aimed model, but only lower, saying its unrealistic is saying the same thing like the aimed model is unrealistic, if you are able to aim the gun in the centre, then you should also be able to unaim the gun in the centre, evry human can do that,

and if you think that if the unaimed model is ugly in the centre, then you might as well say that the aimed model is ugly too,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:51 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Craterus wrote:
But I think I like Tuborg's idea, for the aimed version of akimbo.

Hm, i wrote about aimed AkimboShorty. Main idea - Shorty must looks like another shotguns (i thik now it loocks like pistol). I dont have any ideas about unaimed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:10 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Dragonathan, the difference between unaimed and aimed comes from how one holds the gun and how one orientates one's body around the gun, its not just how high the gun is. When aimed, one has a check-weld with the rifle stock (for a good description see page 4-13 of http://ofp.umbr.net/Other/bestoftactical/field_manuals/FM_23-9_Rifle_Marksmanship.pdf), this allows your line-of-sight to be straight down the rifle and fairly centered in your view. For the shouldered-unaimed stance you would not have the check-weld, you would drop your firing elbow, slightly lower the rifle-butt position and partially return your nonfiring elbow to its natural position, thus bringing the rifle to a more diagonal and much less centered view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:14 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I think that main commands "Need backup, Enemy spoted, Follow me" are useless, becouse when teammate say "Need backup or Follow me" i dont know 1) who say this and 2) where teammate situated.

http://www.10pix.ru/img1/2938/4298298.jpg

Idea - use colored symbols on radar. When teammate say "need backup" hes color become yellow, when say "Follow me" - green. When teammate died hes symbol become black. When teammate hit enemy (not kill he, just hit) everybody knows where this enemy situated. It well be useful for all mods: dethmatch, object etc. P.s. Dont use red sumbols for teammate, couse its ll associate with enemy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:28 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

You guys have likely already seen this site, but it has some really great thoughts even though its older: http://dslyecxi.com/bestoftactical.html.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:34 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I just played some, its been awhile, I've been busy/away from decent internet, but in playing I felt sort of constrained by the movement. I'd like to see two things that I think would help this:
First, it would be nice if you'd stop running/moving when hitting a wall (if this could be done without everything feeling "sticky") (its silly that you can stand against a wall and sprint into it);
Second, and I think this would be really great, some button/combo that's a "hit the deck" or dive, it would be really cool and I think useful (and I know its been mentioned before).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:22 pm 
Master
Master

Indeed, it needs a "hit the deck" button. The proning is too slow anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:00 pm 
Master
Master

I see how the dive action would be useful on large scale maps and gamemodes, but not really in the case of CQB.

Except to hit prone each time you face the enemy, like in the good old MW2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next