All times are UTC

Post subject: small wish
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:18 am 
Master
Master

as i have been playing MOH i noticed small realistic aspect. When you sighted the sound was stronger, had different octav and deeper bass than hipfiring.

What if we could use edited sound clips for sighted shooting in TC:CQB? As far as im aware its not supported in TCE.

Its nothing important or stuff but i dont think it takes huge amount of effort to build support for it.

Threw this here while stopping by :wink:

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:59 pm 
Master
Master

Related to this, a colleague was going on about BF:BC2's audio, or to be more specific, how shots sounded different if you were outdoor, in a small room, or in a large hall. The first thing that came to mind was an older TC:E version which had this (the crate room in obj_railhouse) but it doesn't seem to be used widely.

There is a sfx_hallway common shader but it is redundant now If I recall correctly, maybe the custom TC:E/CQB's q3map2 has better support for it.

Anyway, I'd like to see (hear) more of these sound effects if they're supported.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:16 pm 
Rock Me, Amadeus!
Rock Me, Amadeus!

Damien wrote:
There is a sfx_hallway common shader but it is redundant now If I recall correctly, maybe the custom TC:E/CQB's q3map2 has better support for it.

Code:
// custominfoparms for elite
// Custom Contentsflags
{
stairs_verysteep 0x400
stairs_steep     0x800
stairs     0x1000
// obsolete sfxhallway 0x2000
env_indoor 0x2000
env_outdoor 0x200
}

yep sfxhallway is obsolete, but env_indoor and outdoor still work, but they're simply not used by anyone outside TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:42 am 
Master
Master

anything like that is welcome, audios decrease/increase the fun factor of the game greatly.

Once played MOH using my monitors speakers, plain horrible, my mobile phone has better sound.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:31 am 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

Maybe it is not well documented, but TCE/CQB features a full fletched soundscape system similar to HL2. The official maps use this system (not excessively though).

The env_indoor and env_outdoor shaders are applied to a volume brush and help the engine determine whether the player is indoor or outdoor. This is done automatically anyhow but might produce problems close to window openings and such. Thus it helps to place the respective volume brushes in critical areas of the map.

The target_environment entities are then used to assign stereo ambient sounds and stereo reverb sounds to the outdoor and indoor regions in general, and to ranged regions around any number of additional target_environments.

In the future cqb_sample map, this feature is used and the map sources will be available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:14 pm 
Master
Master

that will be sweet. Hope other mappers would use them aswell :P

growing

getting stronger