No, old-school TC:E graphic is still cool 28%  28%  [ 5 ]
No matters, gameplay is more important 28%  28%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:32 am 
Master
Master

well if we now start to speak what we want :lol:

Gpu acceleration, multithreading, pixel shader 2.1 (its enough for me) dynamic lighting, dynamic shadows (not that poor stencil shadow thingy :lol: ) dx10, physx engine (nvidias enviroment physic engine, its free you know :wink: ), also small portion of gmod 2.0 aka geo-mod 2.0 used by red faction guerilla. Alot better than some wussy frostbite battlefield crap :wink:

But oh well tce native graphics are enough for me :shock:

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:16 am 
Expert
Expert

RedRum: WolfET relies on openGL graphic library and not DX!
Dynamic shadows aren't on top of the needed list because they can be very hardware consumptive and not that noticeable. (but indeed still look cool)
Forget physix engine - too big engine changes are needed for it.

"But oh well tce native graphics are enough for me" - exactly my words before I started to play with xreal engine.. Once you see the dynamic lighting in action (together with normal, specular and displacement mapped geometry), the "regular" geometry of TCE looks dull and fake.. But then again.. xreal is still not worth all the troubles (IMO).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:40 pm 
Master
Master

sxy wrote:
RedRum: WolfET relies on openGL graphic library and not DX!
Dynamic shadows aren't on top of the needed list because they can be very hardware consumptive and not that noticeable. (but indeed still look cool)
Forget physix engine - too big engine changes are needed for it.

"But oh well tce native graphics are enough for me" - exactly my words before I started to play with xreal engine.. Once you see the dynamic lighting in action (together with normal, specular and displacement mapped geometry), the "regular" geometry of TCE looks dull and fake.. But then again.. xreal is still not worth all the troubles (IMO).

Lolyea i just listed every stuff i got in my mind. Seriously didnt think about that dirrect x thing. But its possible. Everythings possible. Problem is just that its *i-need-a-broader-vocab* stupid to start converting/remaking everything.

Cqb is going to have slightly improved graphics (not new effects.) and uber models. So thats more than enough.

Maybe after few years i might realy want some improvement but i supose wolfet ET 2 and idtech 4 are here for free. So it will be enough for new tc if possible :wink: ? Time will tell.

Idtech 3 is in my opininon best game engine ever. Nothing have ever satisfied me so much (love also the gravity bug aka strafe jump).

Also reason why i dont actualy want see new engine for cqb is that its always fun to stretch id tech 3 to limits and maybe little over :wink:

Tce maps look neat and good. But models ruined beatyfull view. Now when cqb pushes new detail in... Damm thats exciting to see on your own monitor :lol:

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:55 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

RedRuM wrote:
Tce maps look neat and good. But models ruined beatyfull view. Now when cqb pushes new detail in... Damm thats exciting to see on your own monitor :lol:

i agree, the models look ugly but the maps look good, i think coroner should really make new models,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:38 pm 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
RedRuM wrote:

i agree, the models look ugly but the maps look good, i think coroner should really make new models,

I just want to get sure... Should? So are these new cqb models bad ? Maybe just missunderstood.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

RedRuM wrote:
I just want to get sure... Should? So are these new cqb models bad ? Maybe just missunderstood.

i think their bad, i think coroner should remodel the models from scratch,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:28 pm 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
RedRuM wrote:

i think their bad, i think coroner should remodel the models from scratch,

I think those models are realy made from scratch.

I mean example ak47. It doesnt look regular ak47. Something like commando edition. But the amount of detail these models have is not just possible to add to old models (well. I cant imagine how :? )

I think tce had pretty poor models (compared to they new 2010. Maybe few years ago those models were somekind of requirement for a mod.)

Cod infection is strongly presented on ak47 and it might look odd. But i think those are very detailed models :D

Ofcourse if those models are not to your taste we can again be pleased about 3rd party models.

Ps as i remember coroner said somewhere he got cod 4 material editor to work with tce. Which means high quality models without pixel shaders.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i was talking about the player models not the guns...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:14 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
i was talking about the player models not the guns...
:moon:

Well i think player models are good also (i dont remember the test video now but i think it didnt have the new models yet) the floating hand fix pictures had new models.

And coroner said he will change them.

growing

getting stronger