All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:46 pm 
High Master
High Master

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I kinda believe this harddrive story.
OR!
Maybe he got offended because Damien didn't share his work for free to coroners game, like he has published his own to the community.
:twisted:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:33 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
post edited:
however... there is a feature on CQB that you can turn your head left and right if your running, this was shown on the news, but you have to stand in a right position if you wanna view sidewards,

EDIT
hoak in real life you can run sideways and aim/shoot

But you won't hit anything, and you can't circle strafe and make it work as one of the most effective tactics as you can in FPS gaming.

In real life girls can strap on dildos and give you some Jim Neighbors sausage love (and shoot guns, yodel and pee while doing it) do you want that in CQB too?

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:54 am 
Master
Master

hoak wrote:
Dragonathan wrote:
post edited:
however... there is a feature on CQB that you can turn your head left and right if your running, this was shown on the news, but you have to stand in a right position if you wanna view sidewards,

EDIT
hoak in real life you can run sideways and aim/shoot

But you won't hit anything, and you can't circle strafe and make it work as one of the most effective tactics as you can in FPS gaming.

Well you could shoot but notice, i almost never shoot a gun if not sighted because unrealistic hipfire. I dont have almost any experience about online. I dont know about your fancy trick stuff 8)

Quote:
In real life girls can strap on dildos and give you some Jim Neighbors sausage love (and shoot guns, yodel and pee while doing it) do you want that in CQB too?

:shock:

Hell yeah 8D

We shall traumatize all the kids who dare to try CQB.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:21 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

hoak wrote:

im disappointed in you hoak, i expected something more intelligent from you,
you are confusing apples with pears, i expected someone stupid to reply what you replied, but not from you hoak,

afcourse you cant put everything in real life into the game, however you can put combat tactics into the game like running sideways, ect. ect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:29 am 
Expert
Expert

You mean cake-throwing clown tactics? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:39 pm 
Expert
Expert

Oh sure, we're all laughing now, but there was this guy that went the entire second world war with a longbow and a claymore (the sword).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:50 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
afcourse you cant put everything in real life into the game, however you can put combat tactics into the game like running sideways, ect. ect.

The point is there's a lot of things you can put in a game that are technically realistic because they're "possible irl", but that is a very questionable design premise in terms of realism design in general, and not remotely germane to g_realism 1 mode design.

Plain and simple: fast strafing ability in games always leads to circle strafing at some distance regardless of how strafe speed may mitigate weapon accuracy, because it will always work at some range; this has been demonstrated and proven in over a decade of game design -- which is why it and other 'possible' things from bunny hopping, to diving, and technically impractical speed are not featured in serious realism games.

In the real world, certainly a man can run laterally and spray suppressive fire, and make himself a big, bright, visible, noisy awkwardly moving target which is why it's rarely done in any 'real world' environment other then Hollywood and Ballywood. In games fast lateral speed always enables circle strafing as a tactic that prevails over more realistic fire maneuver tactics.

So for the Designer it's an ultimatum: 'possible' and 'liberating' movement like game hopping, running, diving, and strafing at olympic speed at the expense of realistic fire maneuver tactics, or enforce realistic maneuver combat by design. This thread's premise is the latter kind of design, if you want Urban Terror: CQB, not only does it already exist, there's an entire General forum for that flavor of design, why does this ridiculous dreck have to go in this thread?

This wouldn't even be tolerated as a topic for serious discussion on Tactical Gamer, GRN, Armaholic, or BI Studios forums, hence my jokes...

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:33 pm 
Master
Master

Maybe atleast i have been missunderstanded. I do not mean we should have equal speeds.
I can jog sideways. So the characters do in game. But if i try to sprint it means i can just run little faster than jog, otherwise i lose my balance.

Now i hope that we could do that. If i try to sprint and jump sideways i mostlikely will lose my balance so jumping should be restricted in those situations. Also as i said about side stepping. It should be optional/separate button (dunno. I once commented something like that?)

It would be a shame to turn TC:CQB to turtlefight. Other turtle games have just lack of imagination or dont do anything with this nice flavour that Rainbow six Vegas series does so well

They are numerical realism (pretty much) and thats only 1/3 of the realism.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 pm 
Expert
Expert

He's not saying to turn the game into turtle fight. He's saying turning the g_realism var to 1 will turn the game into a TR game. Which is actually the best way to do it without killing the regular style game most of us have experienced. After playing a few hours of TR stlye on CoD:BlackOps i have come to like TR much more than I use to like. Although 1 aspect I dont like about TR is that you are not allowed to jump at all. Only for the fact that you can aim while jumping in BlackOps, but you cant do that in this game so that doesnt matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:55 pm 
Master
Master

i know. but with such a small community i think its going to be only one var.

there wont be both servers up. good if there will be.

but still. i like to play turtle sometimes. but way turtle games handle realism is only the numerical. theres nothing else than some gravity and speed tweak + shitloads of restrictions (cuz lack of creativity)

i hope it would feel look and be as realistic and wonderfull without being restricted like others.

as i said. not fancy uber speed circling. just corrected value. thats also numerical (and ofcourse allowing sideways running slowly requires some coding)

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:17 am 
Expert
Expert

If you havent realized yet coroner is trying to reach a new community. The one we have right now is filled with assholes and people who cause problems instead of resolve them. No need to name names. Everyone knows who they are.

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:09 am 
Master
Master

I doubt there will be much more people :?
Well atleast i am new :lol:

But i hope my point was being understood. Let it be turtle but do it right :D
Not ultra restricted or featureless.... boring. Simply as the var itself should be. Fixed mode from core game :P

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:35 am 
High Master
High Master

Again.
You guys still believe the game is coming?
Haha! You have fell into coroners joke.
:wink:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:03 pm 
Master
Master

gonzo|Uncle Bionic wrote:
Again.
You guys still believe the game is coming?
Haha! You have fell into coroners joke.
:wink:

I heard release was planed for the april 1st

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:34 pm 
Master
Master

:lol:

growing

getting stronger

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next