All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:19 am 
Master
Master

yea what realism that is what we dont see but can feel :D ?
That realy choked (i dont mean shock) me at first when i readed this thread. Man those are only values for speed and jump height. Thats one part. Other important is that what we see.

I like more visible realism.

I can stand that accesory are not for every weapon at first release.

Also one thing i wouldnt like to have is body armors. Reason is that i have heard mp5 is *i-need-a-broader-vocab* useless againts heavy kevlar armors. From close it can stop 3 9 millimeter bullets and from long to medium those bullets just bounce around.

I think i open a sibling thread about blood splater related to g_realism :D i have some fancy ideas.

Also this is offtopic but i would like to say i hope coroner lefts some free spots for thirdparty attachments and weapons (i have heard that some games have realy limited item aray) so we dont have to replace offical ones :)

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:34 am 
Master
Master

Well, I'm less concerend about aesthetics where they don't have outcome -- but there are the things we've mentiond that you can see that have realistic consequences: like a weapon that is not in battery should not be able to fire, and an optics system on a rifle it's not really designed for (requires hack mounting system, and has incorrect eye relief and too much magnification)... Things like this bewilder TR Fans, and are a lot like seeing some kind of 'Hoopty Ghetto Home-Boy Car' in an F1 race at Nordsleife.

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:49 am 
Master
Master

yeeea :P
Im always for some reason afraid when i read this topic that we transform this into one boring 2004 realism game. Now with 2004 i mean that mostly back then every game aimed to realism with the same priority. It should feel realistic. Yea nice animations there climbing on laders on rainbow six 3-4 (especialy when you quickly tap on lockdown you get this laggy looking per frame animation) thats one horrible thing. Ok it should not be like in vegas series where they took game too movie like. Also one thing that seems not to be suggested which i hate almost over everything is that moving with sloooowly side steps and same with backwards. I mean they cant run sideways ? Its sometimes good for some situations but its damm anoying when its not intended.

Thats not offtopic. Just example where this "mode" shouldnt go. Some good looking realism and some sense of controled coolnes and style which is not over done. Thats good realism. (taking example from vegas 2 now. Lader climb is what it should have been always. Fastly and not grabing EVERY SINGLE step like they would explode. Taking body movement in and taking where its best to take. From sides of laders. Grabs with hand every third steps side. NOW THAT LOOKS REALISTIC AND COOL :D )

Well i think i make that other topic about blood splater now :)

growing

getting stronger

Post subject: Free aim and free look???
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:22 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I was quite impressed with the video which had the free aim feature and then also the free look feature blew me away...... I think that is such a neat and unique concept. As i was watching that video for the first time a thought suddenly sprung up. What if when you engage a free look feature like that your FOV is drastically raised while you are scanning the area which I think would very closely impersonate the eyes complex mechanics by offering up a simulation of having peripheral vision. The only other way you would be able to recreate this adaptation we have is to be nearly surrounded with monitors in which the ones further to the left or right would always be out of focus but would allow you to utilize one of two of the eyes primary operations which is to be naturally but unintentionally drawn to anything that is in motion. This instinctive ability to immediately pick out something in motion (even if it's indistinguishable at first) is the ultimate example of our built in "fight or flight" response. Imagine trying to cross the street without peripheral vision. I think our pedestrian mortality rates would skyrocket.

In closing, i though the free look would be the perfect platform to try out a new system of identifying targets in a virtual world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:24 am 
Expert
Expert

Holy shit, where did you come from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:46 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

RedRuM wrote:
Also one thing that seems not to be suggested which i hate almost over everything is that moving with sloooowly side steps and same with backwards. I mean they cant run sideways ? Its sometimes good for some situations but its damm anoying when its not intended.

would be a good idea for tce, running sidewards by holding the run key and move left and ride to run sidewards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:13 pm 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
RedRuM wrote:
Also one thing that seems not to be suggested which i hate almost over everything is that moving with sloooowly side steps and same with backwards. I mean they cant run sideways ? Its sometimes good for some situations but its damm anoying when its not intended.

would be a good idea for tce, running sidewards by holding the run key and move left and ride to run sidewards

God, PLEASE, NO! Fast strafe speed = circle strafing, it took years to get realistic game metrics that elminated this kind of arcade play... If you want this sort of thing play Q3A, Urban Terror, or Unreal Tournament...

This is the G_REALISM 1 thread... Please...

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:09 pm 
Master
Master

This thread is too old for me to remember what i meant with that :?

I think i meant not like some games have your character going snail speed sideways steping. Also not to mention i could run sideways (realistic). I dont like idea of fast strafing here but it wouldnt be bad if we could move little faster than on those other tactical shooters?

I have lots of realism things in mind but kinda know they aint gonna happen. First of all still. Correct sprint ! The dude in tce isnt sprinting. Hes runing. Sprint is momental speed that doesnt last long.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:44 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

post edited:
however... there is a feature on CQB that you can turn your head left and right if your running, this was shown on the news, but you have to stand in a right position if you wanna view sidewards,

EDIT
hoak in real life you can run sideways and aim/shoot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:55 am 
High Master
High Master

Useless speculation, CQB isn't coming.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:19 pm 
Master
Master

I bet it come for X-mas :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:49 pm 
Master
Master

I was told coroner was paid by activision in order to stop cqb release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:38 am 
Expert
Expert

No! His hard drive has failed and he didn't have any backup! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:31 pm 
Expert
Expert

I smell bans coming on :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:43 pm 
Master
Master

No no all wrong guys. I know (hope) coroner was kidnaped to secret base of treyarch and he will get paid for totaly remaking next treyarches CoD :wink:

growing

getting stronger

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next