All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:17 am 
Master
Master

|2oss® wrote:
He's not saying to turn the game into turtle fight. He's saying turning the g_realism var to 1 will turn the game into a TR game. Which is actually the best way to do it without killing the regular style game most of us have experienced.

Thank god someone (besides Coroner) that posts to these forums gets it. True Combat Fans have done a spectacular job of keeping the game's audience as small and narrow as RedRuM would like it to stay; here's to hoping they fail miserably this time around and are ignored by Coroner, the GRN, Armaholic, and Ghostaholic Frineds and Fans when they come around to give TC another look in its new CQB flavor.

|2oss® wrote:
If you havent realized yet coroner is trying to reach a new community. The one we have right now is filled with assholes and people who cause problems instead of resolve them.

Sadly too true, and I think it's especially punishing for Coroner who does this in his spare time, for free, and it has to be especially hurtful seeing the negative press his game gets on the account of its audience.

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:28 am 
Master
Master

hoak wrote:
|2oss® wrote:
He's not saying to turn the game into turtle fight. He's saying turning the g_realism var to 1 will turn the game into a TR game. Which is actually the best way to do it without killing the regular style game most of us have experienced.

Thank god someone (besides Coroner) that posts to these forums gets it. True Combat Fans have done a spectacular job of keeping the game's audience as small and narrow as RedRuM would like it to stay; here's to hoping they fail miserably this time around and are ignored by Coroner, the GRN, Armaholic, and Ghostaholic Frineds and Fans when they come around to give TC another look in its new CQB flavor.

|2oss® wrote:
If you havent realized yet coroner is trying to reach a new community. The one we have right now is filled with assholes and people who cause problems instead of resolve them.

Sadly too true, and I think it's especially punishing for Coroner who does this in his spare time, for free, and it has to be especially hurtful seeing the negative press his game gets on the account of its audience.

:?

Nothing new in that :?

The problem here is. Neither one understand each other.

Im all for this var but im highly againts thatkind of realism. Also i might be little pissed out because vegas 2 being maybe most realistic feeling game with it animatons and right physics but still it being marked as mainstream cod game (due to some of its bugs).

I did not mean the game should turn like that. I think that the way CQB is heading always seems to be near vegas 2 but i know game is going to have that arcadey feeling in the core game. So what i think is that when game comes near that perfection why it shouldnt bite some of it ?

Vegas 2 felt one of the most free games. It was limited removing jump but it also showed you dont need the jump. Physics felt realistic and it didnt had weird gimick strafe speed. You could sprint sideways but it was not a lot faster. Sprint was truly a sprint, not long sequense of stamina loss. It did wonderfull hit effects.

Now all i suggested was sideways sprint because:

A) realistic
B) vegas 2 doesnt allow backwards sprint but sideways is good to avoid being naded and runing foward right at the enemy.
C) faster than turning around and runing away (when you usualy turn your back for the enemy)

Does it make sense ? And its ok if its restricted to jump while sprinting sideways.

Also i dont get the fush about jumpy enemy. Jump is about half meter high and target is unable to shoot. He will suck your bullets like the rest of enemy. Tho i dont have experience online.

But yea gimmick jumping is unrealistic.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:56 am 
Master
Master

RedRuM wrote:
Im all for this var but im highly againts thatkind of realism.

Then this isn't the thread for you, these aren't the droids you're looking for; move along...

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:25 am 
Master
Master

:wtf:

Im trying to discuse about this and suggest/convience that sideways sprint is possible to be realistic and not ruin gameplay for realism dudes

I have bought rs raven shield which is know turtlegame. But now problem in it is the way it restricts. Its not flexible. Its trying to be turtle realism with these too carefull animations and touch. The game is too carefull. It have to be extremely precise and doomed to walk on chess board.

Yea true combat is not that but now im suggesting how to make the var possibly even better than core game. You wanted discusion on the forums, asshole came here to suggest how it would be better. *get turned away*

With thatkind of realism i meant raven shield realism.

With only gravity change the var might be boring.

Blah i think im done. Screw it :P
I just find other game to play for realism :?

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:57 am 
Master
Master

RedRuM wrote:
Im trying to discuse about this and suggest/convience that sideways sprint is possible to be realistic and not ruin gameplay for realism dudes

It's not possible... This isn't the thread or game mode for you...

RedRuM wrote:
I have bought rs raven shield which is know turtlegame.

If you think R6 Ravenshield is a 'turtle game' you've obviously not played the multi-player very much; sprint is unlimited and nearly as fast as TC:E, and actual game-play is (sadly) just as fast, or faster.

RedRuM wrote:
Yea true combat is not that but now im suggesting how to make the var possibly even better than core game.

This thead is not about True Combat, or CQB's 'core game-play' -- it's about offering an alternative that seprates itself from the very kind of acrade, fantasy, hollywood metrics you are suggesting. Please, take that discussion to the General CQB Forum or make your own thead for this sort of thing...

:roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10