All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:45 pm 
Master
Master

I need someone to make me some custom content where when ever I enter a server some music plays and pigeons fly out from behind me in slow mo that would be so flipping rad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:28 am 
Master
Master

Almost as badly as you 'need' a second lobotomy...

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:05 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Joa wrote:
Oh gosh, stop whining ... Isn't it like that for every games? I don't remember a game where I had nothing to download after installing it!

Who is whining?
I can tell you hundreds of games where 90% of servers don't use custom content.
Custom content and updates are different.

As i said, custom maps may be part of official updates if they reach a good quality. That's what they actually do in Urban Terror and it works.
Proves the idea is not so bad.
(And there are, indeed, very nice custom maps and weapons in TCE that deserve to be used)

Do you guys play a game for its custom content or for its interesting gameplay?
Plus, i was pointing first timers. How can't you recognize it's a pain to download so many files to play for the first time?
It's about not being selfish and making the new mod live.

--- Out of topic ---
I haven't been so much around this forum and i'm sad to discover people calling others 'retard' and 'stupid'. How can you think you are the smart one and why people with different opinion have to be retard or stupid? If people can't discuss normaly here then i understand why there are so few players around...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:04 pm 
Expert
Expert

I play a lot of cod4; I won't even bother with 'official servers' anymore, Open Warfare Tactical and Pam4 is where it's at.

YES, it means downloading, but it also means a substantially different and less repetitive gameplay. I believe you should never lock the community down - if people want an official server, there will be (think HeroS), but others can play with whatever settings they like.

Alas, Coroner is not known for sharing or making things easier for third-party modders, we'll see how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:59 pm 
Expert
Expert

Q-SeNs wrote:
Joa wrote:
Oh gosh, stop whining ... Isn't it like that for every games? I don't remember a game where I had nothing to download after installing it!

Who is whining?
I can tell you hundreds of games where 90% of servers don't use custom content.
Custom content and updates are different.

As i said, custom maps may be part of official updates if they reach a good quality. That's what they actually do in Urban Terror and it works.
Proves the idea is not so bad.
(And there are, indeed, very nice custom maps and weapons in TCE that deserve to be used)

Do you guys play a game for its custom content or for its interesting gameplay?
Plus, i was pointing first timers. How can't you recognize it's a pain to download so many files to play for the first time?
It's about not being selfish and making the new mod live.

--- Out of topic ---
I haven't been so much around this forum and i'm sad to discover people calling others 'retard' and 'stupid'. How can you think you are the smart one and why people with different opinion have to be retard or stupid? If people can't discuss normaly here then i understand why there are so few players around...

1) You say : "You can tell me hundreds of games where 90% of servers don't use custom content." BUT you add : "Custom content and updates are different."
So, YES THERE IS DOWNLOAD, just different system. WTF is ur point here?

2) We fuc-king don't care what they do in Urban Terror (and all other games that aren't true combat). If I want to play something else than tc (tc:e, tc:cqb) I go play this other game. But stop fuc-king relating all ur arguments to other games. I want tc:cqb to be tc:cqb and not a fuc-king other game !!!
I just don't want tc:cqb to be a mix of all other game, I just want it to be the idea of what coroner want it to be - it always worked like that in the past, why changing now.

3) blablabla (cacedédi à Wo0)

Man, I already like you. You the one who was missing lately. Finally some new flame war gonna start soon :) And i'm gonna help for this :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:25 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Joa wrote:
So, YES THERE IS DOWNLOAD, just different system. WTF is ur point here?

This thread is about custom content.
Having to download updates PLUS custom content is even more painful.
That's the point.

Joa wrote:
We fuc-king don't care what they do in Urban Terror (and all other games that aren't true combat). If I want to play something else than tc (tc:e, tc:cqb) I go play this other game. But stop fuc-king relating all ur arguments to other games. I want tc:cqb to be tc:cqb and not a fuc-king other game !!!

Keep looking at your own navel and never grow.

Joa wrote:
blablabla (cacedédi à Wo0)

Once again you show how you are able to discuss something.
Good job.

Joa wrote:
Man, I already like you. You the one who was missing lately. Finally some new flame war gonna start soon :) And i'm gonna help for this :twisted:

You're the one flamming. I'm just talking about gaming and don't really care your 'non sense' attitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:38 pm 
Master
Master

Don't forget, custom content is what TC:E has been running on in the last couple of years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:14 pm 
Expert
Expert

Q-SeNs wrote:
...°...

Man, I knew it, I fuc-king knew it that u were a good client :) And u took less than 30 min to reply my post - good horse. I'm just flaming u and it works. I hope u gonna analyze my posts sentences by sentences again and again because I need some kind of psy therapy.
And all constructive things i had to say about this topic, i already said them. But now i have a new toy called Q-SeNs :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:43 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Hopefully i'm not the kind of toy i'm thinking about.
Unless you like it <3

For now keep talking.
/ignore joa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:59 pm 
Master
Master

if it wasn't for custom content, Coroner wouldn't have a community to develop QCB for. We would all be gone and the game would most defiantly be dead

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:21 am 
Master
Master

Lol Q-nes this community is best community i have been so far :D when one guy comes here to argue it usualy will start something bad. But god i hate way urban terror makes these things out (community). They are being incredibly sarcastic.

And what the hell :P true combat is like huge third party for me. This can be argued but its point of view. (like early with fastmatik.... Right name :lol: ?) its understandable that mods do not allow moding but this fact makes true combat/elite/cqb feel more independent also the fact that coroner have said something like he can use cod4 material editor with cqb and haves such high quality weapons so i doubt not many try to take a chalenge and make better.

Also as i said earlier im pretty sure coroner have already solved the problem :D

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:03 am 
Marksman
Marksman

No Redrum (and i'm not making fun of your name), read again my first post. There's no arguing at all, i'm just giving my opinion and people reply with 'stupid', 'retard' and 'whining'.
But i understand the need of protective instinct and solidarity in tce community.

I think TCE is awesome and i don't get why there are so few players. I just pointed the fact that custom content may divide the community or confuse new players.

I had this experience with Soldier of Fortune 2 at a time the amount of active players was getting low, two mods strongly divided the community.
Now the game is almost dead.

Coroner was asking for people opinions about cutsom content and this is mine. But i guess many of you are mappers or modelers and love doing it and i get your point too.

Last edited by Q-SeNs on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:46 pm 
Master
Master

Q-SeNs wrote:
No Redrum (and i'm not making fun of your name), read again my first post. There's no arguing at all, i'm just giving my opinion and people reply with 'stupid', 'retard' and 'whining'.
But i understand the need of protective instinct and solidarity in tce community.

I think TCE is awesome and i don't get why there are so few players. I just pointed the fact that custom content may divide the community or confuse new players.

I had this experience with Soldier of Fortune 2 at a time the amount of active players was getting low, two mods strongly divided the community.
Now the game is almost dead.

Coroner was asking for people opinions about cutsom content and this is mine. But i guess many of you are mappers of modelers and love doing it and i get your point too.

actualy i think you took a chalenge. but still the quality check/depot for this 3rd party stuff is important. i dont want to play with same weapon with 3 modified sounds and textures or same with maps. just new, fresh and quality stuff would be worth and reported at that depot :D i think thats biggest solution. also yes im interested about modeling and map making (maybe animating) so that means i have to have somekind of sense what game i want to be my dedication 8) as true combat cqb offers same kind of base as true combat 1.2 do i want to go making my stuff there if theres some filters or stuff making content harder to make and publish. máybe not as true combat wont have those and it might have few good feature. so everyone haves a chance to show own stuff here and categorized. filtering will kill potential and neat content created :P . like everyones famed uzi. i agree it looks nice and haves quite tce like animations. but then there is lots of "not so good" stuff like mp5k. some may like but quality is bad so its not going to get "recomended" category. example categorys:

recomended (popular and good stuff recomended for playing)

potential (aplha,beta weapons with slightly need of improvement)

fun (good/fun stuff not matching every required stuff and not further developed)

addons (addons)

less need (everything else)

i think that would make it easier :D also putting link in server browser "what do i do with 3rd party content" dirrecting into that page would help new players

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:50 pm 
Master
Master

oh and if you check my link in my sig you will see that it wouldnt get so much aprechiation in cqb. maybe with high tuning in tce but i want to dedicate it for true combat :D that shall be example. addition (addition quality category also?)

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:22 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

People that like Tce have creative guys.

The more they have good tools for making custom content, the more the game stay alive, and can live without officials releases.

So, I think the best would be that CQB would be "modular", and "parametrable", so creative peoples can add new goods things to the game regularly.

It don't care to download somethime some stuff from server and wait many minutes.. after a lot of days, all stuff is downloaded.
And if you fear download something, so don't download ET and TCE, don't install it, and don't play !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next